The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 174150 times)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #150 on: Dec 20, 2009, 12:14 AM »
Yep, I know Lory and Lewis. ;)

Offline RowdyRay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #151 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Yep, I know Lory and Lewis. ;)

Not sure if I spelled them correctly. Dad and I will be up there at least once this winter. We try to bring some fresh fish to the farmer that farms part of our land and a couple others who let us hunt theirs. It's a win/win for everyone.

Offline tgruenke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:03 AM »
My name is Tony live in Inver Grove heights, just got back into ice fishing. Usually go to Lake Holcombe in Wisconsin since my parents have a home there.

Offline Bobuddie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #153 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:26 PM »
I would like to give a big welcome to all of the MN newbies! Let us know a bit about yourself!

Where are you from? Where do you fish? Are you new to the sport or a seasoned ice god?

You need 5 posts before you can view certain parts of the site, this can be a good place to get one out of the way! :laugh:
I am a 50 year spearing veteran returning after a 35 year hiatus. The usual life stuff put my Ice fishing career in neutral.
Now I face retirement and would dearly like to start to set up a spear house and have it tried and tested  and ready for the 10'-11' season.
My memories of the old spearing house are vivid yet the dimensions are fuzzy. That is what brings me here. I hope I can get some information to minimize mistakes as I build my new spearing house. All constructive posts are encouraged.
Thanks,
Bobuddie

Offline honest john

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #154 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:38 AM »
Hello.  I use the handle "Honest John."  I grew up in northern Minnesota.  I guess I have been ice fishing for many years.  I had no idea I needed five posts before I could view certain parts of the site.

Offline honest john

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #155 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I work in St. Paul, but I live in Wisconsin and commute.  I mainly ice fish in Wisconsin now.

Honest John

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #156 on: Dec 24, 2009, 10:51 AM »
Where in WI are you from John?

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline nrlarson0107

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #157 on: Dec 27, 2009, 04:00 PM »
I'm Nic. I live in Fergus Falls. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life and don't plan on leaving! This is my third year of ice fishing. Still have lots to learn but I have learned to pull them through the ice!Joined because I was looking for a good forum to talk to people in the area. This looks like on of the best sites around.

Offline forestlakefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #158 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Hello, I am Sean. I live in Forest Lake, usually fish Forest and Big Marine. I have ice fished since I was about 5 or 6. I have never really been a hardcore fisherman, but now I want to try and improve my skills and take it a little more seriously. Joined to hopefully learn some more from being more involved. ;D

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
New
« Reply #159 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Welcome to the shanty you will learn alot here.

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jsond13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #160 on: Dec 31, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Hi I'm Jason and I am from Monticello.  I just got out of the Navy a year ago and last season was my first in almost 10 years!  I finally have enough gear to take care of myself for this year though.  I am going to be checking out lakes in Wright county, trying to find one I can call my ice fishing home.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #161 on: Jan 01, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Welcome!

Offline crappiegetter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Now that's a sink full
« Reply #162 on: Jan 02, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Hi there, I'm Jeremiah. I currently live in Shoreview, originally from Kansas. I never heard of ice fishing until about four years ago. Kansas doesn't get any ice exept for on the roads. I have been ice fishing for three seasons now and lovin it. I mainly fish Chisago area, but do fish metro lakes somewhat. I can be found fishing with my wife and Rowdyray. I know that sounds weird but I actually got my wife into ice fishing. I mainly fish for pannies, but set a tip-up ever so often. Been looking at this site for a while now and finally dicided to join so I can post some pics and comment on some of the great things that yall talk about.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #163 on: Jan 02, 2010, 05:53 PM »
welcome to IS, enjoy ;D

Offline Rymac007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep the water hard, and the lines tight!
« Reply #164 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:50 PM »
 :tipup: My name is Ryan, formerly from Hibbing Minnesota I have now moved a few blocks away from the Croix and lovin it. Funny thing is i actually fish Chisago more than the Croix, but fish both avidly. Been ice fishing for bout 15 years now, and definitely plan to keep it up. I will be looking for reports and advice while I am on here, and have no doubt that I will find both.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #165 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Welcome to the shanty any questions you have will get answerd :tipup:

Offline Sauger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #166 on: Jan 04, 2010, 04:08 PM »
Hi everyone,  I retired two years ago so just getting started with ice fishing.  I live in New Brighton and last year fished around Chisago City.  I mostly fish for panfish - enjoy the action.

David

[/quote]

Offline d_hennen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #167 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Myname is Dustin 26 from new ulm. just getting back into the fishing kids are starting to get old enough to bring with. I fish lakes in southern mn, mostly for panfish but love walleye.  friend of mine told me about this sit said i wouldn't be dissapointed.

Offline srock67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #168 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:59 PM »
Hi guys, My name is Kenny Srock I'm new to the site. I live in Money Creek Mn.(way southeast) I usually fish the Mississippi near Winona MN. Been fishing and hunting forever, now I have three little girls that love to go with! My shack usually looks like a daycare with all the barbies and crap that gets drug with but its awesome having them with! I found this site while trying to find reviews on the Showdown and have been hooked, the pranks post had me rolling I'm gonna bust a couple of them out this weekend!!
"Take a kid fishing.........then the wife can't get mad at you for being gone all day!"

Offline americanfisher77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #169 on: Jan 06, 2010, 11:55 AM »
hey everyone,
well i actually live in central michigan(lower penninsula), but im working in bemidji for the winter. so i guess that makes me part of the minnisota clan for this year any how.

i have been hardwater fishin since i was  a little kid(26yo now), not a pro or a god but i can hang with the big boys.

if your near bemidji and like to do some night fishing give me a shout

im workin on the pipeline so it's 6-10's and some sundays but im more than willin to drill a hole after dark. OR USE YOUR 24FT ICE CASTLE, ahahaha.

i got a 5600 and a 6800 clam so i have plenty of room for me and a friend.

thank you,
peter
yes it's true i am a HARDWATER HOOKER!!!

Offline simcox28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #170 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Hello,
My name is Terry.  I live in Coon Rapids.  Fish the metro lakes, LOW, and Red.  Just trying to meet others that like to do the same thing.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
New
« Reply #171 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:24 PM »
Welcome. I think you found the place you were looking for.

Offline mnjay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #172 on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Hi, I am Jay and I live in SW MN.  Spend most of the summer fishing and bowfishing but kind of new to the icefishing thing...

J

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
New
« Reply #173 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Welcome to IS Jay!

Offline Bobuddie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #174 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:23 AM »
I would like to give a big welcome to all of the MN newbies! Let us know a bit about yourself!

Where are you from? Where do you fish? Are you new to the sport or a seasoned ice god?

You need 5 posts before you can view certain parts of the site, this can be a good place to get one out of the way! :laugh:

Greetings fisherman! I am a returning spearfisherman after more than 30 years since I last put a spear into a Minnesota Pike.
Retirement is on the way!

Offline Bobuddie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #175 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:25 AM »
Any comments on hot spots in the Duluth area for a spear fishing guy away from the sport for decades?

Offline Bobuddie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #176 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:29 AM »

Are there any sites that give layouts for spearing houses?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #177 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Hi! My name's Mark...new to this site, but an ol' well-seasoned fisherman. Live in southern Minny, but ice fish mainly up at White Bear Lake and Centerville area during winter season, with an occasional trip to Pepin for walleyes. I soft water fish at Lake Pepin in Lake City, and also on the Zumbro River by Oronoco, Mn. for crappies/stripers. Still do the McGregor area tournament the 1st week of June at Lake Minnewawa & Big Sandy for waldos & northerns. Now I prefer to relax a bit more and find the panfishing is actually more fun for me. Gotta love those stripers!!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
New
« Reply #178 on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Welcome we are doing a get together in march if your intrested!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: New
« Reply #179 on: Jan 23, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Welcome we are doing a get together in march if your intrested!

Thanks! When and where?
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.