The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173296 times)

Offline 1Yogi

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #780 on: Jan 19, 2017, 11:23 PM »
new guy from the Saint Cloud area

Offline chompmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #781 on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:46 AM »
I would like to give a big welcome to all of the MN newbies! Let us know a bit about yourself!

Where are you from? Where do you fish? Are you new to the sport or a seasoned ice god?

You need 5 posts before you can view certain parts of the site, this can be a good place to get one out of the way! :laugh:
Hi My name is Bob I recently retired and have started ice fishing much more often , still no good at but enjoy the friendships I have developed ice fishing people are the best

Offline Buzz89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #782 on: Jan 26, 2017, 01:56 PM »
I'm Brent from Lakeville MN and I'm new to ice fishing as a friend has taken me a few times now. Fishing is not new new to me as I usually fish open water in the local lakes and down by Faribault MN.

Offline Halvtaz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #783 on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:30 PM »
Hello, my name is Todd and I live in the Apple Valley area.  I am new to ice fishing this year.  I usually fish on Prior or Crystal Lake.  I do want to try others before the season is over.

Offline BadAtFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #784 on: Feb 03, 2017, 03:31 PM »
If anyone wants to talk about lakes around the metro shoot me a pm, would like to get some tips on spots and tactics and maybe give some if I can.

Offline SunsetOutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #785 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Yo! My name is Jake and I'm obviously new to the site. I have ice fished my whole life but now look to maybe film my fishing trips and post them on YouTube. My Dad and I normally spend most of our Sundays tipup fishing for Northerns and trolling with spoons in the summer.  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Pick-Axe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #786 on: Feb 08, 2017, 10:14 AM »
Pick-Axe logging in from Lincoln Lakes area. Lake Alexander, Fishtrap, Shamineau!!

Offline morgank9058

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #787 on: Feb 09, 2017, 12:49 PM »
I'm Kevin and I'm from Maple Grove. I mostly fish up near Moose Lake but when in town I fish Medicine Lake.

Offline MnGopher1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #788 on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:39 PM »
I'm Adam from Eagan.   Recently became a hard water addict.  Fish anywhere from south metro to Fairbault area. Usually make a run or two to lake of the woods each season. Like to fish crappies, perch, walleyes or tipup for northerns.

Offline airflite1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #789 on: Apr 14, 2017, 04:05 PM »
Greg from Northern Minnesota, I've been more of an avid snowmobiler but the last few years I've been doing a little more fishing each winter. This year I decided to go all out and bought an Ice Assault sleeper, I'm hoping to combine both sports, I live 35 miles from the LOW and thought it would be fun to ride out, fish and spend the night, then ride home the next day. 

Offline WalleyeZZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #790 on: May 23, 2017, 12:53 PM »
My name is Wayne. I live in the metro area, but I primarily fish Lake of the Woods, out of Morris Point resort area. I have been ice fishing for 20+ years.

Offline Oneyeti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #791 on: Sep 21, 2017, 02:25 AM »
I'm Kyle, newly to wright county. I hope to get some ice time this year, but it's never enough!

Offline Oneyeti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #792 on: Sep 21, 2017, 04:19 AM »
Why am I unable to see some pictures? It says it's a third party or something

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #793 on: Sep 21, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Everyone here used to use Photobucket to show pictures for free.  PB no longer allows the links to work unless you pay $$$$. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline PikePetersen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #794 on: Sep 21, 2017, 08:33 AM »
Stumbled across this site a couple years ago looking at DIY ice house designs and found a lot of interesting ideas on here. I've never officially checked in though, until now. I mostly fish Waconia since it's right across the street for me. Looking forward to another great season on the hard water.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #795 on: Sep 21, 2017, 02:22 PM »
Stumbled across this site a couple years ago looking at DIY ice house designs and found a lot of interesting ideas on here. I've never officially checked in though, until now. I mostly fish Waconia since it's right across the street for me. Looking forward to another great season on the hard water.

Welcome, I haven't fished Waconia yet but hope to get out there this winter!

Offline RAnondson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #796 on: Sep 24, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Hello, I'm Ryan from east Bethel.been ice fishing for as long as I can remember. Usually fish Mille lac ,red and LOTW. Also I spear too.

Offline traxler19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #797 on: Sep 28, 2017, 02:39 PM »
Thanks for having me!  Look forward to the upcoming ice fishing season!

Offline kondan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #798 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:53 AM »
Hello, my name is Dan and I'm from Maplewood. I got into ice fishing three years ago and have only done metro ice fishing. One of my goal this year for ice season is to fish Mille Lacs  ;D :) Looking forward to more knowledge from this forum.

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #799 on: Oct 11, 2017, 12:25 PM »
I'm a river stradler, does that count??  :blink:

And I spend at least as much time fishing MN waters...if not more.  Always game for east metro meet-ups this winter. 

Might be a good chance to meet a few of those that snagged those lith batteries.  ;D

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #800 on: Oct 26, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Hi all new here but not to ice fishing I get out about 30 trips or so on ice I love sunnies that's my favorite.
Great forum here!

Offline DieselDood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #801 on: Nov 07, 2017, 06:30 PM »
Howdy! 
I'm Josh.  I've been fishing in general since I was a kid. But very few ice excursions.  No one in my family had the gear.  A couple years ago a group called Gitcha Some Outdoors I found on Facebook got me and my kids back on the ice and I've been hooked ever since.

I live in the South metro, but grew up in Cambridge.  One of my best friends has a cabin on Mille Lacs.  My in-laws have a cabin on the Whitefish Chain...   So you may find me just about anywhere.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #802 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Welcome to all the new guys posting recently!

Offline TMoua05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #803 on: Nov 11, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Hello All,

Recently moved to MN by way of Montana. Been ice fishing all my short lived but can't wait to see what the 10,000 lake state has to offer! Can't wait and be safe to all of you this season!

Offline Mr spearer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #804 on: Nov 11, 2017, 11:31 PM »
Hey dere,
Im stephen. Been ice fishing my hole life and i cant get enuff!

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #805 on: Nov 21, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Hi all my name is Darren.  I grew up in south central MN and moved out to Idaho for quite some time.  My family and I returned and are now living in the Bemidji area.  I have quite a bit of ice fishing experience under my belt and hope to do a lot of tourneys this winter. 
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline grizz333

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #806 on: Nov 30, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Name is Brandon. I am relatively new to ice fishing. Last year was the first time I ice fished a lot in a season and now I'm addicted. Looking forward to a good season this year!

Offline oldsCOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #807 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:30 PM »
Hello fairly new member here. Born and raised in mn. Will be 2 years back end of Feb. Live between Park rapids and Detroit lakes. I do quite a bit of ice fishing. Had a pretty sweet setup but the mice chewed the hell out of my purple otter lodge so it's looking kind of "ratty". 😞 Be that as it may I still plan on getting out often ! Look forward to lurking around when I have the time !

Offline thatguyjeff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #808 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:38 AM »
My confession:

I'm 45 yo, lived in MN all my life, and have been ice fishing exactly once - when I was about 10 years old.  Tons of the other fishing though.

So, for Christmas, got a deal on craigslist for a Clam 2000, 6 in hand auger, couple ice rods with reels, and some other goodies.  We have a cabin up north (iron range - live in the metro).  My 12 yo son and I will be giving this thing a try when we go up for Christmas.

Still need to get some tackle, restring the reels (no idea the age of the line that's on there), and I think that's about it.  Already have a Big Buddy heater, and my dad's old Lowrance fish "lo-k-tor" flasher.  Think I'm set to start.

If this thing takes off, will probably invest in a power auger next... and after that, who knows?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #809 on: Dec 11, 2017, 10:24 AM »
My confession:

I'm 45 yo, lived in MN all my life, and have been ice fishing exactly once - when I was about 10 years old.  Tons of the other fishing though.

So, for Christmas, got a deal on craigslist for a Clam 2000, 6 in hand auger, couple ice rods with reels, and some other goodies.  We have a cabin up north (iron range - live in the metro).  My 12 yo son and I will be giving this thing a try when we go up for Christmas.

Still need to get some tackle, restring the reels (no idea the age of the line that's on there), and I think that's about it.  Already have a Big Buddy heater, and my dad's old Lowrance fish "lo-k-tor" flasher.  Think I'm set to start.

If this thing takes off, will probably invest in a power auger next... and after that, who knows?

Welcome! If you are looking and depending where you are Throne Bros, Joes Sporting Goods, Cabin Fever, Prior lake tackle shop, etc are good spots with knowledge on gear and the workers fish. Fleet farm has better prices but often lack the knowledge which is helpful when starting out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.