Author Topic: Team Ct. Iceshanty Meet & Greet  (Read 10200 times)

Offline mj-silver-fox

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Team Ct. Iceshanty Meet & Greet
« Reply #60 on: Dec 23, 2016, 02:22 PM »
I vote Cove

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #61 on: Dec 23, 2016, 02:28 PM »
If anyone is interested in some pike leaders pm me and Ill make them to be handed out at the meet and great.  20lb AFW surflon wire, vmc power swivel and owner 5/0 single hook.  I know some don't pike fish so I want to make a few available. 

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #62 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:19 PM »
As we approach our voting deadline of the last day of the yr. its in the favor of the cove by a two to one margin. I have posted a tentative date of Jan 14 2017.Hopefully we will have Safer ice by this time. If not by then we may have to change the date as well as the location lets hear your thoughts??

Offline KUBES90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hog Livin'
« Reply #63 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:35 PM »
It will be hit or miss for me on that date but well just have to see 
"And I'll be catching them northern pike like on a 10 pound test"- Kid Rock

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 27, 2016, 06:07 PM »
I was just thinking of making the date on a saturday or a sunday so that would be the 14 or 15th let me know what everyones thinking

Offline KUBES90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hog Livin'
« Reply #65 on: Dec 27, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Makes sense

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:49 PM »
Unless the forecast changes I doubt the cove will be safe by the middle of January
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Dec 28, 2016, 04:12 AM »
Unless the forecast changes I doubt the cove will be safe by the middle of January

I agree Ryan.

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 28, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Lets hear some alternate Dates as well as places, Batterson was the second pick,guys have already fished it.A few cold days it could be ready. lets try to keep it centrally located :tipup: 

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Dec 28, 2016, 08:13 AM »
I think February would be a more realistic date. Sure 3-4"of ice is safe but that doesn't mean I want 10 guys all standing around me at once. If we push it back into February or end of January that should give more time to let places really lock up good.
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Dec 28, 2016, 09:17 AM »
We have some really good ice making weather coming after the 4th of Jan, for at least a solid week, this should give us some thick ice,Just to make everyone aware,I'm not,nor is Tag's wanting to put people on unsafe thin ice.Right now we will leave the date  and place  to see how the ice does as we get closer. If the date gets close and the Cove is not ready we will be watching Batterson at the same time. Ct.ice shanty members opinions will always be taken into account. If both the locations are not ready we will push the date into Feb

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #71 on: Dec 28, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Would parking for a bunch of folks be an issue at Batterson?

Offline KUBES90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hog Livin'
« Reply #72 on: Dec 28, 2016, 11:01 AM »
Ive seen cars there all along the access road, there dhould be plenty of parking. The main factor would be if there were large snow banks

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Dec 28, 2016, 12:50 PM »
it does have a big parking lot,

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #74 on: Dec 28, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Batterson would make an excellent alternative. Easy access off the highway and plenty of parking. A bonus for the sponsor is it isn't to far from his shop. Just something else to consider.
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #75 on: Dec 29, 2016, 06:43 PM »
If we keep it for 14th or 15th, I vote for the 14th.  My wife's birthday is 1/15.  Don't think she would like the news of me going to a shanty get together.  She is a saint and always gladly sends me on my fishing trips, but I know when to stay home. :tipup:
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline icewoman50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Hello my name is Milly I"m new but my husband and i are willing to go anywhere he is a member here to

Offline juan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • nothing better than ice fishing with friends
« Reply #77 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Corazon
nothing better than fishing

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #78 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Welcome Icewoman. Enjoy your time in the Shanty.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Hello and welcome Icewoman, and is Juan your husband? Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Dec 29, 2016, 08:17 PM »
I've been watching the post, but have yet to post.....

So is the location set?

...or is the date set pending location?

I'd like to come, the Cove can get cramped, in my terms, and I don't really eat anything out of the CT river (this far down). Batty I have fished growing up, good bass if you work for 'em in open water, have yet to see decent ice on it since it has been opened to ice, at least the spots that i'd go. Just confused as to whether it is a date issue or a location issue  ???
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #81 on: Dec 29, 2016, 09:06 PM »
With the CT ice conditions as they are, NW corner may offer the only safe venue for mid January.  Be that as it is, Mother Nature can turn and make some safe ice in other areas by then.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline Murphyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Dec 29, 2016, 10:43 PM »
Anywhere there's fish and good people is good with me!

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Dec 29, 2016, 10:53 PM »
be glad to fill you in Androux, We had voting, the cove was picked second was Batterson, with the weather we have had the cove is not even close, trying to keep the date of the 14 or 15th.that's two weeks from now,a big cold front is coming on the 4th should last more than a week of below freezing temps. Batterson is the farthest a long ice wise guys have fished it. Tag as well as myself are not going to try to put anyone in danger. Right now we are leaning to Batterson Ice permitting the 14th or 15th. as we know more about the conditions,we will set a solid date and place on the 6th in a central location.

Offline TAG

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Dec 30, 2016, 05:16 AM »
This is a co-workers' grandson who passed over the holiday season. In the season of love& giving: some of us are given grief& loss.-And we would like to help the family+give them something back.  We at TAG'S are committed to providing all minnows free of charge;WHEREVER the event ends up: however we will have a table  accepting donations for the family of Jaydyn as well as selling raffle tickets with prizes  on-site. We will donate great prizes TBD; and 100% of ALL proceeds from any donations& the raffle will go Directly to Jaydyn's Family in their time of need.  We ask this of you because we know the iceshanty community is a strong, good organization comprised of some great individuals& we know the shanty will step up to support a fellow family during such a loss. Small acts of kindness often mean the world to someone else. The Grabowski&Swirzewski families sincerely thank you.
 KENSINGTON - Jaydyn Rylie Melendez Woodward, 7, of Kensington, passed away unexpectedly Friday, Dec. 23, 2016, at the Hospital of Central Connecticut.

He was born in Bristol, and was a second grade student at Griswold School in Kensington; was a member of the Berlin Bears Mighty Mites Football Program; and was especially fond of football, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Jaydyn was full of life at its best and enjoyed every thing life had to offer. His smile lit up a room and his infectious laugh was contagious. Jaydyn had a big heart and shared it with everyone. His vibrant soul will live on in us for ever.

He leaves his mom, Shannon Woodward, of Kensington and her boyfriend, Freddie Sentell, of Dayville; a sister, Emma Woodward, of Kensington; his grandparents, Ed and Candy Woodward, of Kensington, Mark and Luz Keyworth, of Bristol, Cheryl and Jeff Brayfield, of Colchester, and Donna and John Sforza, of Dayville; great-grandparents, Latona Rogers, of Kensington, and John and Laraine, Masserio, of Florida; also surviving are uncle Lee and Shannan Woodward, of Franklin, N.H., uncle T. and Laura Woodward, of Southington; a very special friend, Beth Jolley, of East Berlin; and auntie Donna Sommer and family, of Southington and Kensington; five cousins, Leigha, Lilie, Connor, Bri, and Rachel; as well as extended aunts, uncles; and cousins. Jaydyn was predeceased by his great-grandfather, Durward Rogers in April.
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/record-journal/obituary.aspx?n=jaydyn-woodward-melendez&pid=183221633#sthash.vACg9p1s.dpuf

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 30, 2016, 06:07 AM »
Good idea , I will be donating to this worthy cause.

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Dec 30, 2016, 06:11 AM »
Sorry for your lose,Tag(Tom)as well as condolances to the Family, I'm sure that Jaydyn Woodward will be well remembered,Buy the people of the ice shanty community

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 02, 2017, 04:47 PM »
After this Wednesday's  cold front coming through,the 10 day forecast calls for below freezing temps all day for 10 days, very timely for our target dates of the 14th or 15th

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:10 PM »
I'm leaning to Sunday the 15Th,more people do not have to work, Also will decide the place, Batterson is the closest to being safe,cove in not even close,unless there is a big change in the coves condition,and I do not mean a few guys spudding their way out. We are having Families show up.It has to be safe conditions :tipup:

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Time to put this thread at the top of the board!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.