Author Topic: Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement  (Read 1274 times)

Offline caught_the_fever

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement
« on: Apr 24, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Just a word of caution on this one to guys and gals who are thinking of adding a cordless drill to their Nils, etc.  Home Depot ran a special last year, and likely will again, where you get a free charger and battery with the purchase of a qualified hand tool.  The impression left when making the purchase is that items are eligible for an upgrade for Lifetime Service. 

When I went to register all of my components, the battery and charger did not complete.  I called Ridgid and was informed that the battery and charger are considered an accessory and as such, ineligible for the lifetime service agreement.  I will be following back up with Home Depot because their site seemed to be misleading to that fact.   

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2019, 02:27 PM »
I bought my ridgid deal the other way around.charger/battery and got the free tool which is the octane 1300 drill not buy a tool and get free battery and charger.all are registered lsa.didnt have any problems registering them.my charger/battery registered as 9ah starter kit.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2019, 03:21 PM »
When I bought the 700 In Pound kit with Impact and 2 batteries and a charger everything got registered for the LSA. Batteries and charger on mine has the LSA.
<===Lefty===

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2019, 07:30 PM »
What Dr. Speckler said
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2019, 07:56 PM »
 it is a kit when something comes with a battery. batteries sold alone do not qualify for their lsa. mine also are registered and the kit (which qualifies for their lsa) was their 9 amp battery and a charger sold together. you shouldn't have issues unless you waited past 90 days to get it completed. if someone told you it is not a kit, you need to hang up and get someone that knows the policy better.

when you get anything replaced under their lsa, you have to register the new replacement component.

also, if they quit supporting any thing they sold, they will replace it with current version free of charge and also qualifies for their lsa if registered with-in the 90 day time frame.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 11:47 AM »
One other wrinkle in the LSA: My auxiliary handle on the 1/2 inch drill started falling off after 2 years, and now the casting is so buggered it never stays on all day. My hand is still recovering from drilling late season slush without a working handle. Ridgid called this wear and tear, and refused to replace it. I put it on with JB weld, and if that does not work, I am stuck buying a bare tool from EBAY for about $50.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 11:58 AM »
One other wrinkle in the LSA: My auxiliary handle on the 1/2 inch drill started falling off after 2 years, and now the casting is so buggered it never stays on all day. My hand is still recovering from drilling late season slush without a working handle. Ridgid called this wear and tear, and refused to replace it. I put it on with JB weld, and if that does not work, I am stuck buying a bare tool from EBAY for about $50.
id buy a clam plate with 50$ before i bought another drill that the handle will fail again .i didnt want to buy a plate but i knew there would be handles stripped or broken off.ridgid lsa sounds like it sucks..my ridgid drill looks brand new after one season on the clam plate.i havent even took my handle out of the box yet.another thing is i thought they had a 3 year warranty without lsa.take it back?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.