New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: chain pickerel northern pike hybrid  (Read 1050 times)

Offline TiggerTamer

• IceShanty Rookie
chain pickerel northern pike hybrid
« on: Jan 27, 2018, 04:39 PM »
I'm from Riverton, Wyoming and am a pike family fanatic. I've caught most of the species plus 2 kinds of hybrids. I have bone cancer and while surfing the internet learned of the pickerel pike hybrid that is caught occasionally from Lake Champlain. It has since become a high member of my bucket list to catch one. If anyone can give advice on areas where and when I might be able to fish for hybrids, I would greatly appreciate it. I ice fish some but the chemo I'm on causes me to have poor circulation in my feet and left hand, so I don't handle the cold too well. It also makes my skin light sensitive, so I sunburn easily, so I have to cover up during sunny conditions. If I were to make it out sometime I would have to fly, so I'd likely have to rent icefishing gear or a boat. Are there any places those items could rented? Muskies are my passion so any nearby muskie fishing areas would be a major plus, as I'd like to be able to chase both. I've spent some time reading your and Vermont's sites as it helps to read about and see photos of your catches while the weather is keeping me housebound. Thank you for your time and hopefully help and best of luck to all on their fishing.

Offline seanc25

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: chain pickerel northern pike hybrid
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2018, 07:55 PM »
A friend of mine caught one on Lake Delta in Rome NY last year. About 23" but pretty neat looking.

Offline Fishmongerlyndon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2018, 09:00 AM »
I have personally caught them from south bay lake Champlain (28 inch) and my local lake Lake Luzerne (24 inch). they are very abundant in Luzerne however good luck catching one over 15 inches. i agree however, they are quite a beautiful fish.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2018, 02:55 PM »
tigger I hope you get one  and many many chances for more, my prayers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.