Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 611 times)

Offline Ace in the Hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Guy
« on: Jan 20, 2015, 05:07 PM »
Hey fellow Hoosiers! Been lurking a while and decided it was time to join. Ive been fishing for close to 55 years. Quit ice fishing for a while due to a heath condition but back at it again. I live about 5 mile from the mud hole (Salamonie) and summer fish it mostly. I fished up north last week without much success but did manage to catch a few on local ponds. 20 Years ago my dad and I use to have a Mora blade sharpening service but gas increased and guys started using Lazer augers so we quit. My dad passed away couple years ago so I inherited the sharpening machine. Ive got it back up and running and thought I might sharpen Mora blades again if there is enough interest. If Im violating any forum rules by posting this please delete this post. Any way this board is a daily read with my morning coffee. Good fishing to all. Mike

Offline Hack58

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:09 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Tight lines everyone!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Welcome Mike!

Offline Steveo4iu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Welcome to the board Mike.
Well, the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while.

Offline custom r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2015, 07:50 PM »
Welcome .
55 years u should have a lot of info .
We all try to help each other out !!

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:07 PM »
Welcome.. I was a mora guy for many years and yes I use a laser now, still lots of mora guys still out there,   good luck
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:34 PM »
Welcome to the site, Mike.  With the info you provided I believe that my wife and I met you last Sat. at Huntington res. pond.  You came back the second time with your friend and 8 yr. old daughter.  I'll kept your service in mind as I still use the Mora until the ice gets to thick then I bring out the Nils.

Offline water_walker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:39 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty!

Offline Ace in the Hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2015, 10:09 PM »
Welcome to the site, Mike.  With the info you provided I believe that my wife and I met you last Sat. at Huntington res. pond.  You came back the second time with your friend and 8 yr. old daughter.  I'll kept your service in mind as I still use the Mora until the ice gets to thick then I bring out the Nils.
Yes, that was me. We fished until dark and his daughter got a kick out watching fish on the vexilar. I might sell or trade the machine to the bait store and forget about it. Thanks to all of you for the welcome. Mike

Offline bluegill1004

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:24 AM »
Welcome to the site.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.