Author Topic: Striker Ice Bibs and Jackets  (Read 6328 times)

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
Striker Ice Bibs and Jackets
« on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:02 PM »
I don't know if this will be moved or deleted but I'm looking for help on finding a place that has the best prices on striker bibs and jackets. Looking at the climate bibs and hardwater jacket.

Thanks 
Charles E.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Striker Ice Bibs and Jackets
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:09 PM »
It must be something in the water.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Fish USA has them
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:14 PM »

I think most stores have the same pricing on these suits, unless you get lucky and find an end of season deal in the size you're looking for.

Most have similar pricing ...may find some discounts here and their ...but end of season clearance is the best Try Red Rock Wilderness toward end of season ...act fast ...sizes go quick ...sign up for their Email and you wont miss it
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2015, 08:44 PM »
I bought my Climate bibs from Pro Fishing Supply last August for $169.95 free ship. Great discount & company to deal with.
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2015, 08:55 PM »
i found a 25% off from gander mountain. bought my wife and my self a set. free ship and returns.
they have a 10% right now i think, but if you pay tax, then its only 4% off in michigan.

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2015, 04:42 PM »
I bought my Climate bibs from Pro Fishing Supply last August for $169.95 free ship. Great discount & company to deal with.

I second Pro Fishing

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2015, 02:46 AM »
Your best bet is to get them during the off season when they want to sell them to make room for new stuff, a lot better prices.

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2015, 08:05 AM »
how's the sizing on the float suits, do they run smaller/larger than advertised. are they bulky? you guys that wear them are you wearing long underware with them, I'm hearing that they are warm sitting in the shanty? I'm warm in the shanty without a heater and no long underware or gloves. Thanks

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:32 AM »
womens size are 2 sizes too small almost maybe 1.5 sizes off too small.

mens are sized right. they use elastic around your mid section to keep air out, so it might feel smaller, but its not. the legs have 3 adjustable lengths using velcro, but the gators do not. probably will cut mine out.
they are thick, but light wearing them. in your hands they feel substantial. the worst thing about them is the tiny opening in your bibs for the jig box's. they sewn in zippers and those are in the way bare handed.
you don't have to wear any thing under them, but like under wear, you want to wear some thing thats easier to wash than the suit, so base layer or pajamas or sweets. i have the arm pit opening open all of the time and can't tell its opened.
in my shack, i take the coat off if it was on, most times i don't wear my coat out until last ice days when the ice gets iffy. i just hang it up in the shack and wear it off ice when the sun is down.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:40 AM »
I don't know if this will be moved or deleted but I'm looking for help on finding a place that has the best prices on striker bibs and jackets. Looking at the climate bibs and hardwater jacket.

Thanks

Go with the climate jacket and hard water bibs the climate bibs suck the adjustable inseam always comes undone and sucks water up the inside, even with the liner out. Both knees leak on mine after half a season.
I absolutely love the jacket.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Chris6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:48 AM »
Bought Hardwater bibs yesterday from Glen's for $156 with free shipping

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:58 AM »
Go with the climate jacket and hard water bibs the climate bibs suck the adjustable inseam always comes undone and sucks water up the inside, even with the liner out. Both knees leak on mine after half a season.
I absolutely love the jacket.

Good to see another negative review.  I know a lot of people love theirs but I've had nothing but issues.  I've had mine just over a year.  There's a bad seam or something on my climate jacket, I have a draft in it.  And it's not an open vent.  The only thing that helped was super gluing the vent and flap across the back.  The male side of the zipper began ripping recently.  I have the same issue of wet knees as you.  AND the seam ripped inside the bibs.  I bought it in Nov 2013 and started using it in Dec 2013.  Sent an email right away about the draft but nothing was done other than I was told they never heard of it before.  The seam in the bibs ripped one month in and I noticed the wet knees at the beginning of this year.  Last month the male zipper went.  I tried contacting them but was told I'd have to pay for repairs since it was over a year old, despite showing the emails of issues right out of the box.  I think not, no way am I sinking any more money into it.  Guess I'll just chalk it up to a failure on the suit and Striker to make things right.  I could understand paying for a single fix, but when I have 4 major issues in just over a year, they should be making right. I thought I had the cadillac of ice suits but after 6 months of use I have a piece of garbage.  I know in the very beginning they had issues left and right with faulty seams, I have a feeling I got a leftover one from that time period.
I love clipboard man

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2015, 02:34 PM »
Well I'm still going to give them a try and see how it turns out. Hope they last lol
Charles E.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Well I'm still going to give them a try and see how it turns out. Hope they last lol

Your nuts! I'm telling you the climate jacket is really nice but the bibs suck you are going to wish you listened to us I bet!
Don't get me wrong I like them but really wish I went with the hardwater bibs.
Thomas Harris

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2015, 04:43 PM »
I didn't mean I was going with the climate ones but I want to try out striker bibs and coat. It probable will be the Hardwater ones   
Your nuts! I'm telling you the climate jacket is really nice but the bibs suck you are going to wish you listened to us I bet!
Don't get me wrong I like them but really wish I went with the hardwater bibs.
Charles E.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2015, 05:00 PM »
I didn't mean I was going with the climate ones but I want to try out striker bibs and coat. It probable will be the Hardwater ones

That rout may be a little cheaper but I'm telling you the climate coat is the cats a$$ the removable liner is water proof too I wear it trolling in the spring and if its raining I wear just the shell.
Thomas Harris

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2015, 05:12 PM »
I'm going to NorthWoods here in Michigan tomorrow so hope they have some to try. Thanks for the input on the climates.
Charles E.

Offline zimmy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 20, 2015, 05:30 PM »
FYI I've owned a Artic Armour suit for 7 years. More than happy with it!! And will tell you it works,warm,and not bulky.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:13 PM »
FYI I've owned a Artic Armour suit for 7 years. More than happy with it!! And will tell you it works,warm,and not bulky.

i have both now.
artic armor and striker. striker hard water is much warmer and quite fabric. pockets on aa are better, deeper and postioned better and more thought went into them except the bibs on aa, there are no chest pockets. striker has 3.

if the two companies would merge, then we might get the perfect suit.
the aa stitching is getting weird and the coat was not warm (always got cold between the shoulders and the size was too big because it runs a size or more too much so air was also a problem), but it is the best at floating. i don't float that much so wanted to try the striker this season. other than the pockets and not the best floating between the two, its very nice. also, the fabric on the aa does not breath. its a tight weave and loud when rubbed against itself, like kids snow pants do.

both are way better than the blue clam suit, what ever it was named.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #20 on: Feb 20, 2015, 10:39 PM »
i have both now.
artic armor and striker. striker hard water is much warmer and quite fabric. pockets on aa are better, deeper and postioned better and more thought went into them except the bibs on aa, there are no chest pockets. striker has 3.

if the two companies would merge, then we might get the perfect suit.
the aa stitching is getting weird and the coat was not warm (always got cold between the shoulders and the size was too big because it runs a size or more too much so air was also a problem), but it is the best at floating. i don't float that much so wanted to try the striker this season. other than the pockets and not the best floating between the two, its very nice. also, the fabric on the aa does not breath. its a tight weave and loud when rubbed against itself, like kids snow pants do.

both are way better than the blue clam suit, what ever it was named.

2X
if you don't want that cold on your back get cabelas goose down underwear top and bottom! I never get cold ever. Hand warmers in my gloves and in my boots I can go all day and night.
Thomas Harris

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 21, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Well went shopping for them today and found out that they don't have my size or its not the right ones ??? I'll just keep looking.......
Charles E.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Feb 21, 2015, 08:47 PM »
Well went shopping for them today and found out that they don't have my size or its not the right ones ??? I'll just keep looking.......

Based on your outing were you able to guess your size ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 21, 2015, 08:52 PM »
Yes I did.... I need a large in the coat and XL in the bibs. I don't understand it being I'm 6'1, 215 to 220 lbs. I thought a XL in the coast as well but it just seems way to baggy. 
Based on your outing were you able to guess your size ?
Charles E.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Feb 21, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Yes I did.... I need a large in the coat and XL in the bibs. I don't understand it being I'm 6'1, 215 to 220 lbs. I thought a XL in the coast as well but it just seems way to baggy.

You have been to the Striker Ice site ...and looked at their sizing chart ...do they match with your field trip?

http://www.strikerice.com/index.php/jackets/item/1-climate-jacket#size-chart

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 21, 2015, 09:04 PM »
Yes its very accurate on the coat but the bibs might be a little off. Large in the bibs seem a little tight but not skin tight. I can kneel in the large 
You have been to the Striker Ice site ...and looked at their sizing chart ...do they match with your field trip?

http://www.strikerice.com/index.php/jackets/item/1-climate-jacket#size-chart
Charles E.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Feb 21, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Yes its very accurate on the coat but the bibs might be a little off. Large in the bibs seem a little tight but not skin tight. I can kneel in the large

GREAT ...your ahead of the game now find a deal or your comfort zone price ...good luck and happy hunting .

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #27 on: Feb 21, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Thanks and you too.
GREAT ...your ahead of the game now find a deal or your comfort zone price ...good luck and happy hunting .
Charles E.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Feb 23, 2015, 03:34 PM »

That's a big help to me since I can't try them on because there isn't any where near me that sells them.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #29 on: Feb 23, 2015, 03:52 PM »
That's a big help to me since I can't try them on because there isn't any where near me that sells them.

The jacket is spot on with the chart. I can only speak to the climate bibs but they run on the very large side and they suck!
Thomas Harris

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.