Author Topic: mounting brackets for snowmobile grab bar  (Read 2358 times)

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
mounting brackets for snowmobile grab bar
« on: Jan 28, 2020, 08:04 PM »
I am looking at making an auger mount on my 2004 Polaris sled and am wondering how folks have mounted off the front grab bar for something like this?  I need to be able to open the hood with the mount in place so I am thinking I will come off the bar at about a 45 degree angle and then come across with a bar to mount the Kolpin Rhino Grips to.

Would love to see what others have done for this type of rig too.

Offline BIG DOG 101

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: mounting brackets for snowmobile grab bar
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Johnson cargo on line nice auger racks for snowmobiles and atvs

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Re: mounting brackets for snowmobile grab bar
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2020, 03:58 PM »
I am looking at making an auger mount on my 2004 Polaris sled and am wondering how folks have mounted off the front grab bar for something like this?  I need to be able to open the hood with the mount in place so I am thinking I will come off the bar at about a 45 degree angle and then come across with a bar to mount the Kolpin Rhino Grips to.

Would love to see what others have done for this type of rig too.

What you are thinking about seems pretty close at what I had done. I built it off the sport bumper on a 2010 Arctic Cat F570, two uprights and a cross beam for the Koplin grips. Although an Arctic Cat, you could modify for your sled and needs. Hope this helps...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.