Author Topic: Berry tell #3  (Read 1196 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Berry tell #3
« on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:25 AM »
Once again the berry has treated us to another good day last friday on the hard deck. After meeting up with prospector in Heber we set out for the lake. Temps were in the mid teens upon arrival and there was a few inches of fresh snow on the ground. After making a quick run down on the ice with the sled it was looking good with minimal slush so we hooked up the gear and headed out. We didn't encounter any soft areas untill we made it past Haws point. The pressure ridge off haws is pretty decieving as are all the ridges there right now. It appeared to me that they have opened up a bit and then the open water areas refroze with just an inch at most of ice. Then the fresh snow covered it up. So be very cautious around any suspect areas. We have been fishing near a ridge the last few trips and have not had anyone cross it until this trip. Fishon1 was getting positoned where he wanted to fish and went across a spot that was very hidden. After he stopped he turned around to see this behind his gear

Definately got the nerves going but as we do, we got right to hooking fish. We were treated to some good sunrise scenery as it got light

And the fish were there to play. Had a few doubles, with around 40 fish caught and released between the 3 of us for the day. This was the biggest at 22"

My biggest at 21.5"

Got some cool spots on the belly of this cut

and the rest of them

Who doesn't like the mysterious floating fish pics??? LOL Couldn't pass messing with this one Joe. That new phone I got takes great pics

And of course some scenery shots thru out the day

Great times with good people. I think theres still some time left to get on that ice as it is in the teens again this morning. Just be very cautious around any suspected ridge or heave. You can easily go around the haws ridge on the shore. Ice thickness was from 12in-8in where we fished. The top 2-4in was white refroze slushy stuff. There were multiple soft areas we hit going out and coming back but didn't stop to check them out. I would guess 4-5in of slush
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Berry tell #3
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Looks like you guys had a great day. That's awesome Joe was able to make it down for a fish levitating lesson. That yuge ice hole is crazy glad that wasn't any worse for Lawrence. Thanks Matt for the report and way cool pictures..
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2018, 10:04 AM »
Sure appreciate your hospitality guys. The fish were pretty cooperative which was a first for me on the Berry. Matt was getting a little nervous because Lawrance and I were a little too close for comfort on the fish count. The weather conditions could not have been better. Wish we would have had more company with us, but I do appreciate them keeping their noses to the grindstone and paying for all of the good roads to the fishing holes. Maybe next time. ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Looks like you guys had a great day. That's awesome Joe was able to make it down for a fish levitating lesson. That yuge ice hole is crazy glad that wasn't any worse for Lawrence. Thanks Matt for the report and way cool pictures..

It was a great time HB, Hpoing for maybe one more  :-\

Sure appreciate your hospitality guys. The fish were pretty cooperative which was a first for me on the Berry. Matt was getting a little nervous because Lawrance and I were a little too close for comfort on the fish count. The weather conditions could not have been better. Wish we would have had more company with us, but I do appreciate them keeping their noses to the grindstone and paying for all of the good roads to the fishing holes. Maybe next time. ;D

Oh you guys keep me on my toes when those fish start flying out the hole. Atleast it got me to move off the honey hole for a few mins to try out them holes in shallower. Good times  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2018, 09:01 PM »
I was ready to put my ice gear up for the year, but I might try one more trip  after reading this report. Not many people still ice fishing. Looks like you had a good trip.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2018, 08:04 AM »
When you thinking of going? That ice is holding out pretty good so far. It did get a bit above freezing yesterday but was back below last night and I think after this storm passes it will get pretty cold up there again
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.