Author Topic: be aware: fl-20  (Read 941 times)

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
be aware: fl-20
« on: Dec 13, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Just got out the new toy and i even read the manual(lots of cool pics). In less than 10 minutes I had it broke. I was playing with the new vex and watching it and the cool colors. i turned it to night full, 6' zoom and then to 12 and oops! It clicked in and went a little further. Stupid me thought it has a dimmer on it and turned it further left.

This model has 3 night modes.Full,6x and 12x. Night mode is not a rehostat (sp) dimmer like I thought. Manual is vauge. It has a small 1/8 allen set screw on a plastic shaft...thats now stripped(groved). Re set it but still slides a bit.  This sucks! it will only get worse back to vex it goes.

All else, lights,brightness and colors are AWESOME. Maybe i'm an idiot but be careful it dosen't have a dimmer in night mode.

oops sorry mods, if you need to move to electronics..ok   
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: WARNING: fl-20
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2006, 12:54 AM »
Just be glad it happened while we don't have ice, plenty of time to get it fixed.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
Re: WARNING: fl-20
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:05 PM »
I lucked out, just a loose set scew. It didn't strip the post like i thought. A little loc tight (just for good measure) and tightend the set screw.
On the positive note this thing makes my fl-8 look like an atari. I  ran them side by side and no interference on the 20 but the 8 was solid red. Even touched them together...no interference the 20. life is good..
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.