Author Topic: The slough  (Read 5635 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The slough
« Reply #30 on: Jan 24, 2020, 01:14 AM »
Fished there one time bout 20yrs ago with my brother. Went to fish for pike didn't catch any never gill fished. Don't know if we was in a good spot we parked at the lot with the main office. Walked to the right and fished around the 2 island in front of a big cove. Every year I think about going but never make it, just don't like to drive far anymore probably 70+ miles. Max is about as far as I go anymore.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline MC_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2020, 08:10 AM »
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/8/31/20842336/willow-slough-renovations-logic-behind-muskrats-birds-fish-habitat

Report on actual details of the renovation if anybody cares to read rather than speculate

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:22 AM »
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/8/31/20842336/willow-slough-renovations-logic-behind-muskrats-birds-fish-habitat

Report on actual details of the renovation if anybody cares to read rather than speculate
Not all of that is accurate. It says there will be no panfish restrictions in 20-21. It's 2020 and the limits have not been lifted.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Not all of that is accurate. It says there will be no panfish restrictions in 20-21. It's 2020 and the limits have not been lifted.

They didnt plan on lifting limits during the ice season, unless conditions prevailed to do so.

You are correct, some of the information in this article is incorrect. Me and many others that use the property, ALOT. we where at the meeting.
Got one goin'!

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Tried to get on at filbert lane yesterday. Made it just short of where guys have been. Not quite thick enough for me,  spud went through in 1 hit in several spots. Poked around where I found thicker ice but it was close to the access and in about 2 foot deep water .Going to attempt again tomorrow morning, maybe try and get on at different area.

Offline Dahouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2020, 09:25 AM »
Very slow fishing and questionable ice thickness. If you wanna take a bath , venture out. Slush on top today. I left after 2 hours out on Mormon Hill and didn't venture out very far.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 30, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Definitely varies. I have been on a solid 3 to 4 inches the last couple days but found several spots with 2 or less. Thin spots were on the main trail everyone has been using going out at filbert. At least it's shallow.

Offline countryboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:23 AM »
I was out on filbert most of the day Monday, had to put some planks out to get out but once you got it was a solid 3 but definitely watch where your steppin. Bite was pretty slow ended up with a dozen could only fish till. Hearin right at dark has been the best bite.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:54 AM »
I was out on filbert most of the day Monday, had to put some planks out to get out but once you got it was a solid 3 but definitely watch where your steppin. Bite was pretty slow ended up with a dozen could only fish till. Hearin right at dark has been the best bite.

I'm guessing you were at birdhouse point, not filbert lane. No planks needed at filbert. Like I said in above post, there is several spots about 200 yards out that are thin/soft. Don't think because you are following someone's trail that it's all good because it's not.  Haven't seen anyone else using a spud. Like I said, at least it's shallow. Stay safe, going out this afternoon one last time then I'm done for while.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.