Author Topic: Sun-51/Mon-52/Tues-rain & 43~ brushed the dust off Ice Equip for nothin  (Read 1182 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
With recent reports had my hopes up to get out so I brushed the dust off and gathered my ice equipment to load in the van to be ready. Today I seen the forecast and decided not to load it up.

With it getting in the 50's Sun/Mon I'm thinking about brushing the dust off the summer equip and taking the boat out, both days are supposed to be sunny.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
And then mid week the bottom drops :)

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
And that is why I'm shooting to go out saturday haha

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
im not planning to get out at all.  we see if that helps. ;D
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
And then mid week the bottom drops :)

If 35 degrees is the bottom dropping we are all in trouble and we will never get Ice lol

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We need single digits to mid teens for 4 to 5 days with NO SNOW, for me to even think about walking on water. Probably just wait another month for the spring bite. LOL

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Made a trip and the lakes I mainly icefish have 1-1.25"(solid no slush) so I doubt that'll be gone Monday to go boating. I'm not gona try to bust thru any ice and ruin it for the possibility we get more icemaking weather.

It was late last year when I first got out. Right after the sub-zero cold blast we got the llast week in Jan. Mar 10th fished Culver and it had 9" then it warmed. So I had about a month last year, people more north had more.

I'M not giving up yet, I'll wait until the Feb. fat lady sings. If we don't get a cold blast in the next 2 wks that'll probably be it.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
im not planning to get out at all.  we see if that helps. ;D

I’m going with this !

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I thought you were pretty optimistic with that boat idea but I didn't want to say anything.  Its just been one of those winters either too little or too much ice depending on what you're looking for.   I'm planning on walking on water NE tomorrow somewhere.  Hopefully somewhere I haven't already this season but we will see.  Keep your spud on the ice!

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I thought you were pretty optimistic with that boat idea but I didn't want to say anything...….

I'm the complete opposite, I'm a pessimist I always look at the worst side of things that way it can only get better.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Well, if it helps and you're willing to travel, there is plenty of fishable ice (4"+) on many of the lakes in SW Michigan...at least from Allegan, Barry, Kent counties and to the north. Might change a bit after Sunday, but then temps drop again mid-week. Just an fyi.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
10 day forecast doesn't show any temps that will make any amount of good ice but it does show decent temps for open water fishing if you know the locations. I think this is about the time the trout really get going on the southern part of the big lake. The rivers will start giving up a few early eyes below the dams and the open water lakes and resi's will all be fishable. For me this is the time I enjoy the chase looking for a bite. I love ice fishing but it doesn't matter to me how I get my fix. For me it's a whole lot easier fishing open water than on the ice and a whole lot more comfortable. 

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bite your tongue Bigr, it's supposed to be ice fishing season!  A tug is a tug though,  no matter where you find it.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lake George in Hobart wide open in the middle and couple dozen Common  Mergansers swimming around. They are a week or so early as they always show up in February. Males really pretty with white bodies and black heads and back.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.