Author Topic: From one extreme to another  (Read 6260 times)

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
From one extreme to another
« on: Nov 13, 2005, 09:36 PM »
I was browsing around lookin in my photo album when I came across this picture and thought it was kinda of Ironic. I was thinking how much my body has to adapt from one extreme temperature ,the picture below, excess heat  to the cold and cruel conditions of being out on the frozen water. What kind of stress does this put on ones body? Just curious on your thoughts.

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: From one extreme to another
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2005, 09:41 PM »
The photo was taken of a infrared temperature gun shooting the temp right underneath where I stand on the back of the paver, a mere 7 inches above the 300 degree asphalt.

Hey notice my attire that I am wearing, yeah the hat too is the same as my shirt.

GO IRISH   LOL   GO IRISH

Offline Holewatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • in a trance watching the flag
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2005, 01:58 PM »
 :oThank goodness it was a temp gauge and not a scale, had me scared for a second.  LOL

I need to go to the bathroom, but it might flip up if I go.

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2005, 09:29 PM »
LOL   I sure am glad it wasnt a scale reading too.
I only weigh about 175 lbs not 300.
LOL

Oh yeah you have to be logged into the forum to see the pics we are talking about.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2005, 05:00 AM »
Hey Kid I think your body adjusts to it.  I bet after laying asphalt all day you freeze your ace off when you get home and step into the air conditioning!!!  The same can be said in the winter...after working or fishing a week or two in single digit temps, my body thinks its 100 degrees out but the thermometer only reads 35!  After a few days of 35 I get used to it and then it goes to zero and then it is cold again!

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2005, 05:06 AM »
Its just the beer Rico. You think your used to it LOL.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:24 AM »
Its just the beer Rico. You think your used to it LOL.
LMAO... ;)

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Ah hah , so thats why traffic wasn't moving that day out on I 69 somewhere between Indy and Ft Wayne, well closer to the fort ,back in Sept when the wife and i were taking a short vacation trip.  Some idiot was blocking traffic just to take a pic of someone on the paving crew.

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Funny thing about beer. It tastes good at 38 degrees, whether it is 298 degrees on asphalt, or 10 degrees on the ice. It even tastes good when sitting in my 68 degree living room watching the Irish kick the crap out of the Volunteers. ;D ;D ;D Sorry Rico I had to say that. :P
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Thats some hot Asphalt

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Well actualy here is where we were paving at that day. On I-465 and the Ramp to I-65 North to Chicago. Proably be paving on I-69 next spring though. Aww you guys need to just come by us when we are a paving and give us a honk and a bird. LOL   I love my job

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2005, 07:20 AM »
Hey Kid,when I see this weather like this for some odd reason you cross my mind,I know you work you're a$$$$$ off all summer to be able to ice fish,and its almost that time,how much more longer you gonna work?Have they gave you a final date yet?Stay in touch,I still got my little boat ready to roll,me and Smitty have been working on the eyes at Summit,we got a half a$$$$ ideal of where they will be this winter,in the last 2 weeks Ive seen walleyes caught anywhere from 8" to 25" at Summit,they seem to be doing really good there,Im headed to Gander Mountain today to do a little shopping,I need a new battery for the vex,and hopefully they will have a good selection of Swedish_Pimples,Ill see ya soon Im sure,take care,

Jimmy

PS..............heres the last one I got,had to give you a little fever       

Offline fishstix

• IceShanty Rookie
  • carp fishermen unite!!!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2005, 11:14 AM »
well dang kid you were right down the street from me you should have called me i had a cold beer in the refrigerator for ya...
here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:05 PM »
yeah that beer tasted pretty good when i watched the irish Pi** away the national championship against the trojans...sorry i had to say that...the irish pummeled the vols, the better team won and i am man enough to say it...didnt loose any sleep though, unlike crappie 66 when the irish ran the boilers through a blender ;D ;D snowing here, it wont be long!!!!!! by the way kevin what are you doing lurking around here? 

Offline fishstix

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:52 AM »
 its my 3rd stop every day, my site -then the info- then here..i dont come to badger i come to learn...but if im not wanted i will go away :-[
here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:59 AM »
Ah Kev you are welcome here we just like giving you a hard time.

LOL

Cmon sub zero temps  the kid needs to try oput his new toys and stuff.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2005, 01:28 PM »
yeah that beer tasted pretty good when i watched the irish Pi** away the national championship against the trojans...sorry i had to say that...the irish pummeled the vols, the better team won and i am man enough to say it...didnt loose any sleep though, unlike crappie 66 when the irish ran the boilers through a blender ;D ;D snowing here, it wont be long!!!!!! by the way kevin what are you doing lurking around here? 

Hey now, it wouldn't be hard to not lose sleep over your Vols losing, you probably drank the sorrows away and passed out to a good sleep.  My Boilers did get beat up pretty bad, but it happens, I think Purdue has their nuts together now though, to bad they couldn't figure this stuff out mid season rather than wait until the end.

But what would really make me a happy camper is if both Texas and USC lost and neither made it to the rose bowl, since both teams have basically made reservations for it.

It won't be much longer if we can keep this weather, I am predicting Dec. 17 for sure, maybe a little sooner, but these d**n winters are crazy, one week below freezing the next week 60 degrees.  I need to get over to Gander Mt. tomorrow, pick up a bunch of ice jigs before they sell out all the colors and sizes I want.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Well Kid,
It does explain a lot about ya.... I will say this, I wouldn't worry about it now, the damage is already done!!  I don't think sniffing those fumes helps ya much either!!!(hahahaha)  Looking forward to getting on the hard water with ya agian though..... Ya hard water nut!!! :D
Carp

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:28 PM »
its my 3rd stop every day, my site -then the info- then here..i dont come to badger i come to learn...but if im not wanted i will go away :-[
**censored**?  no sense of humor anymore?  come on now... ;)

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Hey now, it wouldn't be hard to not lose sleep over your Vols losing, you probably drank the sorrows away and passed out to a good sleep.  My Boilers did get beat up pretty bad, but it happens, I think Purdue has their nuts together now though, to bad they couldn't figure this stuff out mid season rather than wait until the end.

But what would really make me a happy camper is if both Texas and USC lost and neither made it to the rose bowl, since both teams have basically made reservations for it.

It won't be much longer if we can keep this weather, I am predicting Dec. 17 for sure, maybe a little sooner, but these d**n winters are crazy, one week below freezing the next week 60 degrees.  I need to get over to Gander Mt. tomorrow, pick up a bunch of ice jigs before they sell out all the colors and sizes I want.
there is my boy...glad you checked in...is your sphincter unpuckered yet ;D i knew that would rile you up!!!!   let's do some fishing...

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:37 PM »
hey "Kid" by the way I forgot........ ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishstix

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2005, 08:59 PM »
**censored**?  no sense of humor anymore?  come on now... ;)
:P :P ;)
here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2005, 07:06 AM »
Hey Jimmy are you ready for some ICe?>?>??>?>./>?>?>?

You bet I am ready layoff is just around the corner and then I have all day and night to fish. I am ready. Looking at the frost on the cars outside and glad I didnt have to work today but sad for no ice to fish yet.

Rico I am still upset over the TIdes loss to LSU in overtime.

Roll tide roll     GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Hey "Kid", tried calling you last nite to let you know that the small farm ponds are skimmed over.  I know I had the right number, but the voices on the other end sounded Chinese to me!!!!!!!!!!  I will file that one away in the memory chips.  Dont lose to much sleep over the LSU game...you will have plenty of restless nights after Auburn puts a thumping on the Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2005, 03:02 PM »
I will give you a holler tonight also dang everybody i have to call, good thing lond distance is free.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 20, 2005, 12:33 PM »
there is my boy...glad you checked in...is your sphincter unpuckered yet ;D i knew that would rile you up!!!!   let's do some fishing...

I am ready to do some fishing, just bought another jigging rod, and many jigs, not that I needed any of it, but you know how it is, you go in to spend a couple dollars and walk away spending much much more.  Well doesn't look like you will be able to talk a lot of crap about my Boilers this year, seeing as though your Vols didn't seem to fare very well this year either.   Rico, maybe we can jump on the bandwagon and be an Irish or Trojan fan,  is it to late for that?

I know the honey hole has some deep areas, does it take long for it to freeze up.  I got an idea if the fish aren't biting we can shoot that beaver, nothing like eating a fresh shaven beaver, I bet it tastes like salty chicken.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline fire831

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 20, 2005, 02:23 PM »

I am ready to do some fishing, just bought another jigging rod, and many jigs, not that I needed any of it, but you know how it is, you go in to spend a couple dollars and walk away spending much much more.  Well doesn't look like you will be able to talk a lot of nuts about my Boilers this year, seeing as though your Vols didn't seem to fare very well this year either.   Rico, maybe we can jump on the bandwagon and be an Irish or Trojan fan,  is it to late for that?

I know the honey hole has some deep areas, does it take long for it to freeze up.  I got an idea if the fish aren't biting we can shoot that beaver, nothing like eating a fresh shaven beaver, I bet it tastes like salty chicken.
Hey, you guys leave that beaver alone, he's clearing out some of the trees that were in my way for deer hunting. ;D ;D

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 20, 2005, 05:14 PM »
LMAO .......hey 66, I like my beaver with the fur still on it!!!!!!!!  But to tell you the truth that one is massive now,  I think fire 831 has been feeding it vanilla wafers!!!  The "hole" does not seem to freeze over the best, especially in the deep areas.  That is the bad news,  the good news is we really only need to get out past the lily pads(remember from fishing out of a boat) to find 5-10 foot of water and it freezes best at the boat landing!!!  Hell I think my canoe is still there anybody in for tomorrow?  To be honest Bruce,  Simpson Pond down by me is usually the first one I get on...maybe the elevation is higher down here than it is up there.  Can I count you in for the first annual "Rico's Biggest Crappie Tournament"?  Hey dodger get some sleep, all that deer hunting has you type happy.  By the way Kid, the ponds are skimmed over...got any plywood?????

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 20, 2005, 08:05 PM »
Heck Ya I got wood!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL 

Now Bruce Cmon, I haven't jumped on any band wagon, I have been an Irish fan for 20+ years through the thick and thin , been a Tide fan for almost the same amount of time.
Auburn shut em down Sat.

Hey Gotta work Tommorow Rico  or I would take the ole canoe out. Stupid asphalt, when is my layoff coming?

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 21, 2005, 07:19 AM »
By looking at the weather Kid,it wont be long,were gettin some nice crappies again where we got em a couple years ago,when ya get time let me know we'll head west and see if we cant get em ok,

JIMMY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.