Author Topic: Prarie Creek  (Read 1064 times)

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
Prarie Creek
« on: Nov 13, 2005, 08:13 PM »
My bass club was on Prairie creek this year and a lot of the guys came back with unhealthy fish....Does anyone know what is going on out there...Is DNR not paying attention to the fishery..They also said that it is just about overrun with shad and carp. Anyone have any opinions on what is going on out there? Seems like they pay much more attention to the lakes around indy and monroe and patoka?
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
Re: Prarie Creek
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2005, 08:58 PM »
There was a bacterial outbreak in the summer which had the fish stressed badly and there was a fish kill on the lake. To the actual magnitude of the kill nobody really knows the exact numbers but the fishery was hurt in my opinion.
As for the carp and shad issue, the carp have always been a problem in the lake for years for as long as I can remember but the shad weren't real prominent until recent years after the DNR starting stocking fish into the lake. Some say this will hurt the fishery as a whole and I agree but the people with the "education" on fishery management are the ones in control and who is to say they don't know what is going on.
We'll just have to wait and see, but my hopes on the general icefishing on the lake this upcoming ice season is no very optimistic.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.