The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Youth Ice Suit???  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Jeremy406

• IceShanty Rookie
Youth Ice Suit???
« on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Besides the kids suit that Ice Armor makes is there anyone else out there that makes a good suit and or gloves for kids? Checked Striker Ice and Arctic Armor but didn't see any youth stuff..
TIA

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Youth Ice Suit???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:35 PM »
The Striker Guardian suit comes in youth sizes.

Offline Jeremy406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:42 PM »
The Striker Guardian suit comes in youth sizes.

Didn't notice that one but will check it out,thanks!!

Offline Jeremy406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:11 AM »
I only see the guardian in mens and women sizes???

Offline TCubed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Columbia Falls, MT
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:04 PM »
Fish307.com and a few others have them. It's 119.00 for the bibs and 119.00 for the coat.

Nick

Offline Jeremy406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2015, 11:26 AM »
Thanks guys. Do either one of you have any idea if there is any adjustability in them? My son is 7 and wears a size 8. It's not something I would like to be every year or every other so I'd like to but like a size 12 or 14 but I don't want him "swimming" in it either if you know what I mean..

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2015, 12:16 PM »
No idea but am interested to hear a report if you get one. My son just turned 5, and I'm considering one for him next year.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2015, 08:23 PM »
ALL the Striker suits allow about 6" of length adjustment in the hem...velcro allows the inseam to "grow" as they do.  Torso length is handled by the adjustable shoulder straps.

They can'd do a lot about waist, but most kids it is the length that gets you...and Striker solves that!

Mike
www.howesfishing.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Jeremy406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:39 AM »
ALL the Striker suits allow about 6" of length adjustment in the hem...velcro allows the inseam to "grow" as they do.  Torso length is handled by the adjustable shoulder straps.

They can'd do a lot about waist, but most kids it is the length that gets you...and Striker solves that!

Mike
www.howesfishing.com

Thanks for the info mike & much appreciated. Are the jacket sleeves adjustable as well??

Offline Donna M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:51 AM »
I got our 3 year old grand son the Stricker snow bib although the sizes start at 6, the snow bib allowed for more adjustment. Actually with a parka underneath, they fit pretty good and are easy to get on and off due to the full length side zipper. I searched for good bibs in Columbia and even North Face. Non compared to Stricker in price or performance. Some day I will post a picture of him in his suite hawling in a nice perch with grandpa. Pretty cute.

Offline Jeremy406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2015, 05:17 PM »
I got our 3 year old grand son the Stricker snow bib although the sizes start at 6, the snow bib allowed for more adjustment. Actually with a parka underneath, they fit pretty good and are easy to get on and off due to the full length side zipper. I searched for good bibs in Columbia and even North Face. Non compared to Stricker in price or performance. Some day I will post a picture of him in his suite hawling in a nice perch with grandpa. Pretty cute.

Thanks Donna I appreciate the info..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.