The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Planning to head up north, can you help? ... Hill Creek State Park  (Read 847 times)

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well with the ever-increasing chance of never getting good ice down here in SE, Pa I'm considering a trip up north this winter. I would make it at least a one- or two-night stay. Not being familiar with the lakes except for the info that I find online Hills Creek State Park looks interesting. Anyone that could provide some firsthand info about ice fishing there would be appreciated. O, and maybe recommend a half-decent motel in the area too. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all.
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
Hills Creek is one of the first lakes to freeze in the region.  They have cabins right at the lake, and within the area there are 6 other lakes.  Hamilton, Nessmuk, and Beechwood are smaller and get ice early usually too.  There are bluegills, perch, crappies, largemouth bass, and pickerel in Hills Creek.  Overall the lake is pretty shallow and its fairly easy to find some fish.  It will be very busy at first ice.

If you'd rather stay at a hotel, check out Canyon Motel or Sherwood Motel in wellsboro.  There's plenty of places to eat in town and those motels are less than 10 miles from the lake. 

If you have any specific questions feel free to message me or call the shop.  We're about 10 minutes from the lake too.

Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks Don. A visit to your shop would sure be on my bucket list too.
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
Thanks Don. A visit to your shop would sure be on my bucket list too.

Great.  We look forward to seeing you. 

I'll start posting ice conditions as soon as things start locking up.  Early Jan is looking promising with the current forecast in this area.
Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
Friends and I stayed at a cabin last year. Great bang for you buck. Did alright fishing. The "stumps" at the shallow end were packed during the day, but totally cleared out at dark. Of course the weekend we were there the reports were slow fishing. We managed a few pan fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.