Author Topic: Deer Creek?  (Read 718 times)

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Deer Creek?
« on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:28 AM »
Has anyone been by Deer Creek recently? Wondering what the ice conditions are like and how much snow is around. I will be in the Heber/Wallsburg area this week for a family reunion and was thinking I could sneak away for an afternoon for some fishing. I will be very limited on the gear I can bring so only on foot and a hand auger so I won't be very mobile which is why I am thinking of Deer Creek instead of Strawberry. If anyone would be willing to share some pointers on the lake since I have never fished it I would greatly appreciate it. I don't care really what I catch just would like to catch something. Thank you in advance.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Deer Creek?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Wish I had some 1st hand info for you on DC Ryan but I have never fished it. Hopefully someone will chime in before you head this way. This is quoted from the web on the 14th so 11 days old but better than nothing.

I was on Deer Creek yesterday out of the South State Park marina. Snow and slush were not the problem. Wind however made things a bit miserable. I did not stay long and did not catch any fish. Saw a couple guys head down the Walsberg arm. There were a few out by the island. Not sure their success or lack there of.

Good luck on the time you get to hit it  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.