The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Barry, Allegan and Kalamazoo County  (Read 5175 times)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Barry, Allegan and Kalamazoo County
« Reply #30 on: Feb 13, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Can you give me some manufacturers of these lures.  I have a couple of marmooska's and some bobbers down lures in #16.....they just don't weigh enough at 30 ish feet...I need viable alternatives...when the fish come through...the faster you get it down there the more fish you catch....help me out here I am interested in alternatives to lead shot ..thanks guys
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2007, 09:35 PM »
What line weight are you using. A #16 will take forever to get down on 4#, and never really straighten it out. Have modified my approach and mainly use 1# - 3# fly fishing tippet material on my lighter rods after the main filling is done with regular 4#. Put all 30yds on. Many say it's and expensive waste to do it that way but that line is designed for light presentations and it will last all season considering tying all the new bait/jig combos on that I usually do.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Swift I got your message and greatly appreciate the info.....I saved it and will be making some more lure purchases.  I hate it all the places around here have been sitting on old jigs for 2 years now.  They will not replenish there stock until they get rid of the ols...*****s.  Gander only gets one shipment in for the season ...and when they are sold out...well tough luck...they will not order any more.  :o  Fortunately I have access to a nice bass pro shop also..and they take care of anything, anybody wants.  Gander mountain is to sports, what Walmart is to retail. :%$#!: :woot: :wacko:

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 14, 2007, 10:13 PM »
No problem. Actually tried to post the info up for all to see but this site appears to have automatic monitoring/deleting for sites it doesn't approve of.  All I would get upon posting is www...com regardless of what was attempted.  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: Forces people to buy the generic stuff that's over priced, poorly made and over rated. There's some great products out there that most will never see. Hooks on most generic baits suck.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Sooooo in my quest for perch this weekend.........anyone have a good lake in barry or kalalmazoo county???

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2007, 09:44 PM »
Sherman south of Gull has really good Perch, just a PIA to find them at times.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 18, 2007, 11:10 AM »
SLOW!

SO I went fishing again this weekend on fish lake again...it is just a conovenience thing.  I fished for way to long...i caught most of my 9 fish in the morning.  Some guys left with there limit....I didn't :(  I marked more fish than I care to count.  Those tight liped *****s! :%$#!:  I worked columns of crappies stacked up on structure...and yes I had minnows. ;) There were alot.... o guys out on the ice. I counted about 14 tip-ups....no flags all day >:(  Most of th guys out there didn't do wo well.  All of my jigs got some time in the hole...I was using spikes, I kinda wish I had some wigglers to try.  But I didn't.  I hope you guys all did better.  Sound off if you have a pair ;D  I am looking for some options here to plan out next weeks events ::)

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 18, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Glad I'm not the only one finding it tough ;). Tried 5' - 20' of water with all types of fish seen. Not interested in much of anything for anyone. Ended with 3 - 10" Perch in 5hrs. 2 on a #16 jig, 1.4# line and a single spike. 1 on a 1/80 oz jig that I tie a Pheasant Tail nymph on, even the dinks were only curious. This weeks warm up could get them on a roll, I hope. ::)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 18, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Well I just woke up from my nap ;D  Could I have gone fishing?...yes...but I have a bad attitude today towards fishing.  It looks like we better start enjoying the fishing we have..cuzz it is getting warmer...not colder.   :blink: So I am going to make a fishing prediction here.  I know, I know,  your thinking...wow this guy is full of bull**censored** :clap:  Well, I have to put up with wood TV 8 goof troop....I mean weather team ::), so you can listen to my prediction. (I can't do any worse).  So here it is :o

The fishing is going to pick up in the West Michigan.  From about Wednesday on.  It is obviously going to get messy on top of the ice too.  So wear your knee highs.  Don't listen to the weather teams(goof troops) :cookoo: about super balmy weather and how all of the world is going to melt.  Use your better judgement on how safe the ice will be on your favorite lake.  After all you know best....not some pencil pusher issuing warning and alerts. :blink:  Next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be some of the best fishing days that we have seen.  In fact it will be so good that you might want to take a day of of work. ;D.  So ya better sharpen your fillet knife and pick up some extra bait.....cuzz you will be using both more. 

There, I hope you all heed my predictions.....now lets see if I am right :clap:

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 18, 2007, 08:53 PM »
I have been watching this specific topic in this forum and I am disappointed.  I, and other post info. in here for all of you to read.  This sight is averaging 40ish hits a day ;).  Why are all of you "lookers" not posting? For this to be a successful, EVERYONE has to post some info.  I am not all business here..I mean I posted that last post in fun...... ;D  You can too!  If you are not a member of iceshanty.com then what are you waiting for?  If you are a member and you don't post something...shame on you.  Finally, thankyou everyone who has posted, your input is greatly appreciated ;D

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:17 PM »
I've had enough, threads dead. May want to try something else if you want.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.