Author Topic: Smart strike vs navionics  (Read 738 times)

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
Smart strike vs navionics
« on: Dec 04, 2019, 10:39 PM »
I’ve messed around with navionics a bit.  Has anyone used it as well as the smart strike card?  Much difference?  Just got a Helix 7 SI, and thinking about trying the smart strike card in it just for something different. 
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline Dan J

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Smart strike vs navionics
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2019, 05:31 AM »
I just got the Smart Strike card for my Helix 7. It has all the same features as the regular Lakemasters plus the Smart Strike feature.  Better depth shading than Navionics. Haven’t been out yet but played with it in simulation mode.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2019, 06:01 AM »
Garmin purchased Navionics at the end of 2017 and has been improving it since then - and issued an upgrade.

Garmin has a real interest in Navionics for their navigation systems as Garmin is in the cockpits of most planes and commercial shipping craft.

Just one more point to consider.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Bought Navionics card for my helix 7 g2, noticed it doesn’t do depth shading. I called Humminbird and questioned about it. They tried the same card in there’s and said it doesn’t do depth shading.  Anyone else notice this?

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Thanks.  Think I’ll try the strike master and see how it goes.
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.