The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lost a Fellow Fisherman  (Read 833 times)

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lost a Fellow Fisherman
« on: Nov 08, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Hey guys, kind of an outsider to the PA boards but I'm looking for a little help.  A friend of mine lost his father recently who was one of the few and the proud PA ice anglers.  He's got a house full of stuff and asked me to help him move his ice fishing gear.  I immediately thought of the great people on this forum, but didn't realize the limitations put on the classifieds page.

Anyways, I know I'm stepping out of line here but I'm hoping you folks understand.  If anyone has any interest in seeing what he's got, PM me.  The items are located in Burrell, PA and I have photos of the Clam Fish Trap 2 man and Strikemaster Lazer Mag Xpress 2hp 8" auger. 

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Lost a Fellow Fisherman
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:22 PM »
dbike988 sorry to read of your friend's loss . You may want to contact different local youth organizations and see if he can donate some of the equipment. Also place adds on Craigslist or similar websites hopefully will get responses.
Steve

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:37 PM »
dbike,
Can I suggest a donation of that equipment to a veterans or wounded warrior organization? Here in Colorado we have groups that specialize in fishing trips for recovering vets. Just another suggestion.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2018, 07:11 AM »
Fellas, thank you for the replies.  I hadn't thought about donation, that's a great alternative.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  If I was closer I'd come take a look but unfortunately that's not going to happen because I'm across the state from you.  As the site gets busier I'm sure some guys will show some interest. 

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2018, 06:06 PM »
God bless.and prayers to his family.
Sorry for your loss.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.