The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cliff and wade lakes  (Read 562 times)

Offline Zbar3365

• IceShanty Rookie
Cliff and wade lakes
« on: Nov 27, 2018, 01:17 AM »
Anyone ever try to ice fish cliff or wade lakes before to much snow makes it to impossible to get up there without a sled?

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cliff and wade lakes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2018, 09:45 AM »
I have never tried to ice fish these lakes but have looked into it a bit. From what I could find, being spring fed, the lakes do not form a ton of ice because the water temp stays a little warmer. A little ice forms on the cove in Wade but the lake doesn't close (at least not in any picture or video or report I have found). I know there are a few posts in the Fishing reports and conditions section of the forum. But, it seems most people who have ever ice fished these lakes go in on snowmobiles during the middle of ice season.

If you find other information indicating that they are fishable, please post it here or send a PM. Definitely something I have been itching to try after so many fun times fly fishing these waters.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.