Author Topic: EASY BITE BOBBERS  (Read 5420 times)

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
EASY BITE BOBBERS
« on: Dec 15, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Just curious what any of the rest of you think of the Easy Bite ? I been using one the last week and here is my two cents, first it is the most sensitive bobber I have ever used, great for when the bite is really light,I know it caught me quite of bit more fish due to the negative bite indicator,was crappie fishing last nite and wind was blowing caught 22 and my buddy caught 13 , he said he couldn't tell a lot of times if it was wind or bite,the negative indicator works great for the crappie when they inhale it and swim up. Second ,it was easy to install and adjust and worked flawless the whole time I used it, caught a 4+ lb largemouth the other day while gill fishing and it held up fine, I have caught probably 60 fish on it with out a problem in it's function. Now the Negatives, first one is not really a negative but suggestion, when you install it, it is not removeable and re-installable, the bobbers is a little heavy so make sure you put it on a little stiffer rod then you us ally use for pan fish or it will bounce up and down on a light weight rod , I would suggest hanging (unattached) to the rod your gonna put it on and see how it feels,next it takes some getting used to jigging with it , if you jig to hard it will bottom out with a clicking sound , I can't decide if this is bad or good because it did make me slow and present a more finesse jigging approach which is not all bad, I would give it an overall rating of 9 outta of 10 (ordered 4 more ,2 for my buddy !ha ha he hates getting whipped LOL)whats your guys opinion and suggestions ?

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: EASY BITE BOBBERS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Thanks for info, this site and its members are great!!!!

Offline Davek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008, 12:55 PM »
    When I recived my bobbers one was missing a rod clip, E-mailed company
   received two more in two day's free.
                                                           Davek

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Checked them out and they do look nice but $10 each?

Offline FatRap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:31 PM »
$10.00 is pricey but if it catches you more fish?  I use the $1.39 spring bobber and it seems to work pretty good.  I don't know if these easy bite bobbers would be worth the extra money??????????/

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:34 PM »
Looks like a great concept and i will probably try one out. But looking at the picture they look awefully bulky to attach to a panfish rod with a .040" thick tip.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline TJ Bauer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Looks like it would be a pretty good bobber to me, I might see if I can get one and give it a try

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Just curious what any of the rest of you think of the Easy Bite ? I been using one the last week and here is my two cents, first it is the most sensitive bobber I have ever used, great for when the bite is really light,I know it caught me quite of bit more fish due to the negative bite indicator,was crappie fishing last nite and wind was blowing caught 22 and my buddy caught 13 , he said he couldn't tell a lot of times if it was wind or bite,the negative indicator works great for the crappie when they inhale it and swim up. Second ,it was easy to install and adjust and worked flawless the whole time I used it, caught a 4+ lb largemouth the other day while gill fishing and it held up fine, I have caught probably 60 fish on it with out a problem in it's function. Now the Negatives, first one is not really a negative but suggestion, when you install it, it is not removeable and re-installable, the bobbers is a little heavy so make sure you put it on a little stiffer rod then you us ally use for pan fish or it will bounce up and down on a light weight rod , I would suggest hanging (unattached) to the rod your gonna put it on and see how it feels,next it takes some getting used to jigging with it , if you jig to hard it will bottom out with a clicking sound , I can't decide if this is bad or good because it did make me slow and present a more finesse jigging approach which is not all bad, I would give it an overall rating of 9 outta of 10 (ordered 4 more ,2 for my buddy !ha ha he hates getting whipped LOL)whats your guys opinion and suggestions ?
I was wondering if anyone had a pic???????????????

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:58 PM »
easybite.net has great video !

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2008, 02:14 PM »
Thanks, just ordered me 2 looks great 4 putting more fish on the ice. ty

Offline fishinpo1e1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2008, 02:21 PM »
I don't see any advantage to the expensive fancy bobber that it has over a simple spring bobber. Maybe adjustable for weight of lures but I have extra rods that I rig with heavier weights and spring bobber balance. In fact there are a lot of rods out there that go for less money.
Did I miss something? Negative weight indicator --You get that with a spring bobber. That thing looks like a real bulky mess. I guess I'm stuck in my ways but am willing to consider if it has real advantages. Line watchers would laugh at this contraption.

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2008, 02:43 PM »
WOW ! fishinpole1 I didn't mean to offend you I was just giving kinda of a field test report ! as far as the cost of the bobber compared to the cost of buying multiple rods with different weight spring bobbers ,hmmm and as for line watchers laughing,its really hard to line watch when winds blowing hard (which it seems to do every time I go ) .

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2008, 05:03 PM »
If I have to use a broomstick I'd rather not. I like to feel my gills fight.   Ron
Bobberstop

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2008, 05:10 PM »
Seadog, do you work for easybite?    I remember readin somthin about these before, and you were all over anyone  that down talked these things.     I dunno $10.00   for a "beam"  or spring bobber is a little salty.   As stated a spring bobber will indicate a negative bite as well.    Just my $.02

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2008, 06:09 PM »
okay i have had no comment on these things ( i know, rare for me) til now
my only reason for not wanting or buying one is:

IT looks STUPID. like a parking garage barracade arm on the end of the rod.
also to get a good pounding of a jig you need it to snap against a semi solid mass (rod ). the "negative" aspect seems to absorb the shock that is needed to pound a jig or fly properly.

usaually i am the first to get the new high dollar flashy thing....not this time...  even i have my limits!!
A
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2008, 06:16 PM »
NO!
I don't work for Easybite -> Just happened I came across the site and realized the unique concept.
Because it's new, I posted it for all to see.

As a professional Mariner I saw the same principle we use aboard ship with riggings and balasting.
It's a very ancient simple principle based on weight and counter weight

I just want to get the "cold fact down!" that this is something completely different than a wire or flat wire spring bobber. No spring is used!

As for the price!! -> This is a one man operation and he did a lot of engineering to make this, and there is a significant cost in making the dies, packaging, and advertising to get this on the market AND it is USA made!!!

That's it!

SeaDog1

Seems from the looks of your infomercials on here the price for advertising is going to be pretty cheap for his company . You've posted in just about EVERY THREAD about this product over and over and over until we're sick of seeing it ,  Give it a rest already .
                                                     John

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2008, 12:46 AM »
If I have to use a broomstick I'd rather not. I like to feel my gills fight.   Ron

I agree, whats next full titanium blanks for 300-500$?

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2008, 05:21 AM »
ROTFLMAO
[/b]

Offline mr.bartender

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time spent wisely!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2008, 05:59 AM »
ordered one last night. will give my opinion after i use it. $10 is alot for a bobber/indicator but i have seen alot of stuff change over the years and collect dust! truth be said man has been making new toys for ice fishing every year he waits for the freeze! :laugh:
i have enjoyed alot of things in life,but none as much as ice fishing!

Offline gaddabout

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch um-hunt um!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2008, 07:10 AM »
Who uses a Bobber????????????...Not me ...straight line only way to go..increase your catch this way.....My ten yr old grandson uses no bobber....4 lb yellow stren....
Fishy Fishy In da Brook,Come Bite On Grandpa's Hook!

Gaddabout is my nickname, No affiliation with the newspaper.

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I'll tell you what, I use the stealth bobbers from the Thill collection but the way that I do it is the reason that they work. You get a good thill and take a tiny drill bit, by hand slowly turn the bit thru the bottom of the bobber until you have a nice center hole. I use these as slip bobbers with a knot. Now you have to perfectly balance your rig. According to each jig this will vary. With my rigs perfectly balanced I can detect what they are calling a "negative bite". If they bite down, then the bobber goes down. If they pick it up, then the bobber will go flat in the ice hole. This is important for crappie since they usually hit-up. I have got away from using bobbers as much as I used to but if you're going to use them no matter what type, the key is to maintain buoyancy. I may pay $2 each and have had them for years. These balsa floats are the most sensitive around. Also it's hard to use a bobber when using a vex or other flasher, as you will be constantly changing depth to increase your chances.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2008, 09:47 AM »
X2 on the Thill Stealths! I have mine rigged as slip bobbers and when you have them weighted correctly to achieve neutral bouyancy, you can pick up any type of bite.

I'll have to say that this product, Easybite, and the ensuing threads/post have generated a good deal of discussion on bite detectors. I think it is like the Vex vs. Marcum threads where there is alot of bias one way or the other, but nonetheless, there has been some very good information all the way around on using all the various types of bite detectors and ways of detecting bites.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:05 AM »
X2 on the Thill Stealths! I have mine rigged as slip bobbers and when you have them weighted correctly to achieve neutral bouyancy, you can pick up any type of bite.

I'll have to say that this product, Easybite, and the ensuing threads/post have generated a good deal of discussion on bite detectors. I think it is like the Vex vs. Marcum threads where there is alot of bias one way or the other, but nonetheless, there has been some very good information all the way around on using all the various types of bite detectors and ways of detecting bites.
Ya I here ya, years back I would say that the vex was the only way to go but the competition is catching up. I would stick with vex myself since I've had one for nearly 8 years but the other companies are narrowing the gap

Offline icemachiner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:16 AM »
video looked cool. I think I will put one of those on my xmas list.

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:22 AM »
it seems gadjety, but i think the thing would work well,given the right situation.
is it the "be-all to end-all"? probably not.
i think i could reverse engeneer the thing, and make my own in a few hours in the garage.

but, my tip-downs already do evrerything the easybite does. i catch alot of fish on the upbite with them.
i want a few more reports.
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:55 AM »
video looked cool. I think I will put one of those on my xmas list.

I will let you check out the one that i ordered. Should be here by Friday. ;D
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2008, 01:03 PM »
You give an easy-bite to 10 fisherman, and put them on the same fishing hole, your gonna get 10 different opinions... Over the years, I have fished with all types of guys, newbies and die hards, and the fishermen that catch the most fish have a style, that over the years have tweaked that style alittle but made no major adjustment.  You could never talk me into easy-bite (not because they don't work), but I like to dead stick, that is my style and that's what works for me.  If I'm fishing for gills,  I found that .004 diameter line, super thin tip on a fiberglass rod, encompassed with a reel with a great drag system is key, but only half the battle. With that being said, without cycling through 100 different jigs and 100 different colors... vertical or horizontal presentations, I wouldn't be half as successful.  Then you factor in jigging... bottom line... ITS ALL IN HOW YOU JIG IT.  So my point is, if your a bobbers guy (with money to blow... i mean spend  ;)) (spring, slip, tooth pick inserted bobbers, etc) you may like this "easy-bite", so you may want to give it a try, otherwise don't give a guy h**l for is support of the method, just close the "post", and go on to something that does interest you... like I did. 

For the guys that have VEX's, the fish indication is already there... making them bite is the hard part. 
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline theangling1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Well said HT......

A fool and his money are easily parted!!!!!!

Slim down your presentations and fish, fish, fish..... then fish some more! There is no subsitute for experience!!!!!!

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Dec 17, 2008, 10:19 AM »
You give an easy-bite to 10 fisherman, and put them on the same fishing hole, your gonna get 10 different opinions... Over the years, I have fished with all types of guys, newbies and die hards, and the fishermen that catch the most fish have a style, that over the years have tweaked that style alittle but made no major adjustment.  You could never talk me into easy-bite (not because they don't work), but I like to dead stick, that is my style and that's what works for me.  If I'm fishing for gills,  I found that .004 diameter line, super thin tip on a fiberglass rod, encompassed with a reel with a great drag system is key, but only half the battle. With that being said, without cycling through 100 different jigs and 100 different colors... vertical or horizontal presentations, I wouldn't be half as successful.  Then you factor in jigging... bottom line... ITS ALL IN HOW YOU JIG IT.  So my point is, if your a bobbers guy (with money to blow... i mean spend  ;)) (spring, slip, tooth pick inserted bobbers, etc) you may like this "easy-bite", so you may want to give it a try, otherwise don't give a guy h**l for is support of the method, just close the "post", and go on to something that does interest you... like I did. 

I THINK these guys were giving their opinion of a $10 bobber, not try to "give a guy h--L". 

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:59 PM »

For the guys that have VEX's, the fish indication is already there... making them bite is the hard part. 

you should take your own advice and close the post, if he wanted deadsticking advice that may have been the topic but that isnt the subject..... i see more posts of criticism about members or peoples impressions of how it looks on paper on this thread than opinions of people who actually has used this! the op was looking for peoples opinions who USED the product, not their opinion of how the thing looks. I have not used it and am also curious on its worthyness. I am interested in people who have used it and their opinion, good bad or indifferent. For those who are line watchers, great, good for you.....Some of us arent, and arent interested, that isnt part of the topic. So lets hear the people who have used the Easy Bite....so the rest of us looking can make a informed decision.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.