Author Topic: Posted No Trespassing  (Read 5415 times)

Offline angolajones

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Posted No Trespassing
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2015, 08:49 PM »
Why would anyone want to fish for those small keepers anyway?

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2015, 05:43 AM »
because its easy to get to im guessing jones. im sure if there has been people there for three days, you probably have to walk between the holes! lol the 50ft perimeter has a yellow haze to it.  :sick: the cig butts are as thick as leaves. and the micky-Ds sacks are swirling in unison in the cul-de-sac. sacks of 5"ers abound though.  ;D
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2015, 10:19 AM »
I am sure they put the sign up for decoration only.  ::)  The fact people continue to fish there, TRESPASS and ignore the sign, is why it is so hard to obtain permission to park at many lakes.

Absolutely waxie.  Some people are just ignorant.  Another thing that happens quite a bit is someone sees a vehicle parked somewhere, they think it is okay to park there themselves not taking into account the first vehicle had permission to be there.  The next thing you know got 6 vehicles there and the home/property owner gets upset.  All of the sudden the first guy loses his permission rights.  Been there, done that.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Regarding the church -- it's no longer a church but private property.   But there is DNR property on the lake -- see blue colored lots on attached map.  These two lots are about an acre but have a relatively small area that butts up against an old channel.  But they'll get you to the lake without going on private property.

I'm hearing the delay in not developing this site has been county zoning issues, not the DNR.  Anglers should be able to park there to ice fish.   

Guys DON'T use CR 355 W. to access this area!  This gravel road is not maintained, full of large potholes and very steep near HWY 20.  If you happen to make it in a 4x4 vehicle, the intersection is still very very dangerous as you try to enter or exit. 

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2015, 01:43 PM »
Where's the attached map Taxi?
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Absolutely waxie.  Some people are just ignorant.  Another thing that happens quite a bit is someone sees a vehicle parked somewhere, they think it is okay to park there themselves not taking into account the first vehicle had permission to be there.  The next thing you know got 6 vehicles there and the home/property owner gets upset.  All of the sudden the first guy loses his permission rights.  Been there, done that.

Me too! Had a great place to fish on Jones in Noble County on a channel and even allowed to park in the owner's driveway. Guys parking everywhere and whipping it out to pee near the owners window ended all of that.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:12 PM »

Been there done that too and it sucks.  Just call the homeowner, let them know others without permission are parking there too.  It lets them know you are looking out for their property and they can decide to call the the police and have the other vehicles towed or not.  Always ask the homeowner if others are allowed to park there too.  That way you will know if someone is just poaching your parking or it is to be shared.  I always leave my vehicle description and license plate with the homeonwner too, so if there is towing going on, I am safe.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Me too! Had a great place to fish on Jones in Noble County on a channel and even allowed to park in the owner's driveway. Guys parking everywhere and whipping it out to pee near the owners window ended all of that.

Feel the pain!

As some of you know or do not I got a couple of private lakes at my place.  Been in the family for years.  About ten years ago, I went back to Stafford to do some ice fishing.  I unlock the gate and drive on back.  No more than arriving at the "launch", there are 6 guys out there already.  I am thinking to myself.....where in the hell did these guys come from?  Oh well, anybody that knows me, knows they can fish it anytime, all they got to do is ask and I will accomadate.  No big deal.  So I drag my gear out.........within a few minutes of me getting set-up, a couple of the guys approached me and asked if I had permission to fish there.  I laughed.  I asked them if they had permission.  They assured me that they had.  I asked who gave them permission.  They said the guy that lives in the farm house just down the road to the east.  I asked what was his name?  They said my name.  I laughed hard this time and had tears in my eyes.  They asked what was so funny.  I said I am that guy that lives in that house and I don't recognize any of you.  Nobody asked me for permission.  All six high tailed it out of there pronto.

All they would have had to do was ask.  I would have let them go, and it would have saved me the trouble of repairing a neighbors fence they tromped down to get back there.

Just shaking my head.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:31 PM »
Been there done that too and it sucks.  Just call the homeowner, let them know others without permission are parking there too.  It lets them know you are looking out for their property and they can decide to call the the police and have the other vehicles towed or not.  Always ask the homeowner if others are allowed to park there too.  That way you will know if someone is just poaching your parking or it is to be shared.  I always leave my vehicle description and license plate with the homeonwner too, so if there is towing going on, I am safe.

Great advice......I hope people pay attention to it.

Offline ryoder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Feel the pain!

As some of you know or do not I got a couple of private lakes at my place.  Been in the family for years.  About ten years ago, I went back to Stafford to do some ice fishing.  I unlock the gate and drive on back.  No more than arriving at the "launch", there are 6 guys out there already.  I am thinking to myself.....where in the hell did these guys come from?  Oh well, anybody that knows me, knows they can fish it anytime, all they got to do is ask and I will accomadate.  No big deal.  So I drag my gear out.........within a few minutes of me getting set-up, a couple of the guys approached me and asked if I had permission to fish there.  I laughed.  I asked them if they had permission.  They assured me that they had.  I asked who gave them permission.  They said the guy that lives in the farm house just down the road to the east.  I asked what was his name?  They said my name.  I laughed hard this time and had tears in my eyes.  They asked what was so funny.  I said I am that guy that lives in that house and I don't recognize any of you.  Nobody asked me for permission.  All six high tailed it out of there pronto.

All they would have had to do was ask.  I would have let them go, and it would have saved me the trouble of repairing a neighbors fence they tromped down to get back there.

Just shaking my head.

I had the same thing happen at my house last season. I was walking off the ice from fishing and saw some guys walking around my house with ice gear in hand and looking in the windows to see if there was anyone home because they had parked in my driveway. Well I proceeded to walk up to my place from the water and asked them what they were up to and they said they just got to their lake house and were checking on things before they went out on the ice. I let them know that they must have the wrong house.... you could tell they were instantly looking for a way to get out of their lie. One guy said I looked too young to live there and had the guts to ask me if I really lived there or I was just scaring them off. I asked them which tow company they would like me to call.

Ended up getting a good laugh about it after they left. Truth is, If they were honest from the beginning I would not have had a problem with it and would have let them stay!

I would say the craziest thing I have ever had happen is a buggy parking on my property to ice fish. I was dumbfounded. That took some guts.  :bow:

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:15 PM »
I had the same thing happen at my house last season. I was walking off the ice from fishing and saw some guys walking around my house with ice gear in hand and looking in the windows to see if there was anyone home because they had parked in my driveway. Well I proceeded to walk up to my place from the water and asked them what they were up to and they said they just got to their lake house and were checking on things before they went out on the ice. I let them know that they must have the wrong house.... you could tell they were instantly looking for a way to get out of their lie. One guy said I looked too young to live there and had the guts to ask me if I really lived there or I was just scaring them off. I asked them which tow company they would like me to call.

Ended up getting a good laugh about it after they left. Truth is, If they were honest from the beginning I would not have had a problem with it and would have let them stay!

I would say the craziest thing I have ever had happen is a buggy parking on my property to ice fish. I was dumbfounded. That took some guts.  :bow:

Yeah bro, sometimes it just befuddles my mind.  I am a fisherman, and I do my best to help out fellow anglers.  But there are just some idiots out there.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:38 PM »
Where's the attached map Taxi?

Did you post before I had a chance to get it up? It's there now.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Heard about a similar incident to Rico's.

Had a guy tell me once upon a time somebody was in his tree stand on his property when he approached it to climb up. The guy yelled down to skidaddle, "this is private property!" The landowner asked him who gave him permission. He said," so and so." The landowner said, "That's funny 'cause I'm so and so and I don't remember giving you permission. Get out of here before I blow your fat patootie mo cootie sa swoooooshie out of my tree stand!"

;D

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Heard about a similar incident to Rico's.

Had a guy tell me once upon a time somebody was in his tree stand on his property when he approached it to climb up. The guy yelled down to skidaddle, "this is private property!" The landowner asked him who gave him permission. He said," so and so." The landowner said, "That's funny 'cause I'm so and so and I don't remember giving you permission. Get out of here before I blow your fat  patootie mo cootie sa swoooooshie out of my tree stand!"

;D

I run into it all the time.  Pitiful.

Offline tntwrks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2015, 03:59 PM »
A call to the local dnr would be advised. Just because its owned by dnr does not always mean free parking anytime !

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 07, 2015, 04:02 PM »
I run into it all the time.  Pitiful.

I gave up on deer hunting for that reason. The straw that broke the camel's back was come daylight there's a guy standing next to the tree I'm in! 

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 07, 2015, 04:09 PM »
A call to the local dnr would be advised. Just because its owned by dnr does not always mean free parking anytime !

Hmmm... First post.

Do you ice fish?

Don't live close by do you?

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 07, 2015, 04:57 PM »

Oh, enlighten us senior citizens!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 07, 2015, 06:27 PM »

You got the drift too eh?  Sounds like someone doesn't want someone down there.  ;D

Gibbs Rule #39 There are no coincidences.  ;D

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 07, 2015, 06:35 PM »
I know I checked into duck hunting that lake one time years ago . I found out that the spot you posted up in the map too . When to check it out becuse the DNR told me you might be able to push a small boat in there . Well when we no more than got out of the truck the home owner from across the road came out and gave us a real hard time for being there . We told them what we knew about the land and left because it was not worth the hassle

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 07, 2015, 06:51 PM »
I know I checked into duck hunting that lake one time years ago . I found out that the spot you posted up in the map too . When to check it out becuse the DNR told me you might be able to push a small boat in there . Well when we no more than got out of the truck the home owner from across the road came out and gave us a real hard time for being there . We told them what we knew about the land and left because it was not worth the hassle

Some of these lake residents can be really protective of their property or the lake they think they own. I had one lake resident nearly assault me for something he percieved my dog had done on the public right away on Webster Lake, and another elderly women on Oliver just about have a heart attack screaming her lungs out at me for tying my small boat to a marker buoy when I left my anchor in the car. I was in the wrong in that case but just didn't know better.

However there are two sides to it. Like Rico and others said there are people that ruin it for the rest of us, by leaving litter, urinating in full view, or simply tresspassing. I've also seen where anglers tore up expensive upholstery on pontoon boats with their bass plugs. And although I'd like to see more public access sites, if you have a boat launch put in right next to your lake property it reduces your property value considerably.

Could be worse. In Massachusetts where I used to live there are public boat ramps on some lakes but no public parking. As soon as I launched my boat on one a few years ago on vacation, and parked my trailer, the life guard on a nearby beach came over to tell me the parking area was for town residents only. The state also plants trout in lakes with no public access, which would never fly here. And on top of that many of the towns have their own small reservoirs for their water supply but they are off limits to fishing.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 07, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Very true Taxi . Most of what I hunt are public lakes and had to call the C.Os a few times to have them come out and set a land owner strait . I keep all the needed phone numbers in my phone . At one time I had an officers direct phone number but he has retired now .

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 07, 2015, 07:05 PM »

Hey you'll be there some day!  ;D

Trust me it sneaks up on you!

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 07, 2015, 07:42 PM »

Ha! Your an old guy like me Rico.... 80s are on the oldies channel now. I play my 80s look at McDonald's for my seniors coffee daily! The other day topped it off while picking my wife up at the hospital the old volunteer pushing her out in the wheelchair says.... It's nice of your father to come pick you up!.. My wife busts out laughing and says oh hrs my husband not my dad. Old guy replies....Oh that's ok I'm significantly older than my wife too!.  We're only three years apart  >:(

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 08, 2015, 04:38 AM »
Ha! Your an old guy like me Rico.... 80s are on the oldies channel now. I play my 80s look at McDonald's for my seniors coffee daily! The other day topped it off while picking my wife up at the hospital the old volunteer pushing her out in the wheelchair says.... It's nice of your father to come pick you up!.. My wife busts out laughing and says oh hrs my husband not my dad. Old guy replies....Oh that's ok I'm significantly older than my wife too!.  We're only three years apart  >:(

LOL........well I aint had that happen to me yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tntwrks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:34 AM »
taxi1... did not mean to come on as someone not wanting to see that property used. just stating a fact. i do ice fish and know the area well, heck i could hook ya up with a place to park if the dnr didnt allow the use of that property, but there are better places to catch quality fish than silver. ever fish up on fish lake in fremont ?

Offline tabtat5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 08, 2015, 09:14 AM »
The guys like myself that like to fish Silver I think fish it because its an easy on and off kinda lake and the fish aren't bad, they clean very well and there clean fillets so to speak, I would definitely take u up on that place to park, looks like the DNR spot would have you along ways away from fishing and I have a bad leg from a work injury so I try to fish some of the easier spots which this was for me any how
Gill Getter

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 08, 2015, 09:35 AM »
I haven't heard of anyone being run out or towed from the church road at Sliver lake, however if enough people trash the spot I'm sure it could happen. Docksiders was closed down because of the trash. I heard that glass beer bottles were what pushed the guy over the edge! The day before he closed it off their was a full parking lot and people parking along the road, which resulted in the sheriff being called twice, to clear the road ( this is on a curve, and people fly through there). It never fails, if you have a good thing someone will screw it up!
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline tntwrks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:15 AM »
tabtat5..... the property i could get you to park is a few lots to the south of the dnr property. would be a farther walk to where you want to be .  but the deeper water by the cattails fishes well for crappie. 316-3943, call me if you are still interested. there is only room for 1 vehicle.

Offline tabtat5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:58 AM »
thanks tntI sent you a PM if you receive it let me know didn't want to call and bother you call me when you have time
Gill Getter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.