Author Topic: Road trip to Celina  (Read 1377 times)

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
Road trip to Celina
« on: Dec 11, 2005, 06:38 PM »
This morning Myself and jigumup went to Celina Ohio to fish Grand Lake.
All I can say is wow.
We tore the water up, and had to hit 3 baitshops for bait.
We startes at Chickasaw Creek in this Bay JigumUp had fished before and talk about a bonaza, are vexes lit up at every hole and the action was....... Unbeliveable.
after hitting the baitshops for spikes to replinish our supplies we headed to another spot just to see what was happening and check out some other opportunities. Well we cut holes over atChannel by the public fishing pier at the State park. well the action wasnt as hot as the Chickasaw action, so we decided to try our luck in some deeper water for perch at Windy point. Well over the evening bite was out of this world for me, and the good thing was Jigumup did not have the jig I was using for the evening bite  HA HA   he had to bum one off of me just to catch a fish over at the Windy Point.   What an adventure  It was one I will never forget.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Road trip to Celina
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Sounds like ya had a good time Kid,did ya get any pics?

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Yeah and I'm telling ya there was a good 5 inches of ice on the main lake there at Windy point and yes its true I had to bum a jig back there in that backwater but after I tied it on it was "Game On. Who would have thought one type jig in one bay and another in a different. Hey Kid, did you ever figure out what that Flock of 51 birds was? Check out the Autobon society. I'm sure they can Identify them. All in all pretty much a day I won't forget for quite a while.

PS. Yeah Yeah Yeah.....rub it in. You had quite a few fish lead on me during the evening bite but as I recall I caught you and we were pretty much even at the end of it all. That is after you came off that jig!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:45 PM »
No Swedish I didnt pics of our catch I am bummed out about it, My Camera has taken a turn for the worst. It wont link up to my computer the USB connector on the side of it has gotten messed up and I have to find a memory card reader to be abe to get them available to see on my computer. But I did manage to get my GPS coordinates saved in the unit for another trip that way.

They are available for those who want to swap info on different lakes.

Offline ultralight

• IceShanty Rookie
  • .......get the gaff......
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:13 PM »
That figures when i couldn't go you would tear them up!!!!! If we keep good ice we need to go. At least i would like to be invited. Tell me about it later, ok?

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I dont know if I should tell you ultralight.
I think another road trip is in order, you gotta see it for yourself, It is unbelieveable.

Offline YR bender

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:34 AM »
There I was, casting my butt off in the muddy Ohio, not catching a thing when low and behold--- the Kid goes to Ohio and kicks butt with Jigmup. Good job guys. That Grand Lake is awsome when it is on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.