Author Topic: Steuben County  (Read 8121 times)

Offline ShantymyHaven

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Steuben County
« Reply #60 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:52 PM »
went there today for a couple hours.caught one little gill.four inches of ice.

How was the ice by the launch?  I know it can get a little iffy by the creek at the launch.

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Dec 30, 2009, 08:37 AM »
I caught a few on Round but nothing to get real excited about.  The ice on round lake is good so its getting hammered with fisherman.  I caught one keeper for every 5 tossbacks.  They are very finicky and would only hit on the way up.  They are still in a funk.  Hopefully they will start being a little more aggressive.  

I am fishing by myself the end of this week and the weekend.  Hopefully I can meet up with you guys somewhere!  I just go a new 10" gas auger, so holes are on me!!

Jeff

Offline leavnsorlips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:15 AM »
steuben there ya are!!! :woot: i was jus wonderin bout ya when i opened this thread!

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Ya, I'm here.  Seems like the ice got here a little early this year!  ;D  (VVV)  I'm hoping to catch up with you guys this winter.  I know we caught some eyes on soft water, but by the size you caught, on ice I can drill a hole right next to you!

JJ

Offline BSchwarzbek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:32 AM »
First fish of 2010!   Went to Little Long Lake Saturday (coldest day of the year).  Had a little snow (an inch or two) on top of about 5-6 inches of nice ice.  A few hardy souls did not chat with anyone but we did OK nailed about 14 nice Perch (9-12in) all female fatties with eggs maybe 7 ft of water or so fishing near the bottom with mousies and minnows on small orange jigs.  Seemed to prefer the mousies earlier in the day and then minnows later in the day.  Not bad for the first day out.  My cell phone was out of commission this time but next time maybe some photos.  Good luck and be safe!

Offline doublehunter87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 03, 2010, 08:13 AM »
I fished Crane Marsh on friday morning not strong bite and they quit at about 9 then went to fox lake and didnt catch any till the last hour then you couldn,t get the line down fast enough then went up to fox last night not a bite till hour before dark then i managed 13 nice gills

Offline bigotter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 03, 2010, 03:47 PM »
I was on Big Otter and Little Otter today and there was 3-4 in of good ice. As far as the fish, they were somewhere else.

Offline Hoosier Ice Pirate

« Reply #67 on: Jan 03, 2010, 04:20 PM »
I was on Lk George yesterday, saw Pike, Bass, Crappie, none would take my lively minnows. It was fun watching yet very frustrating. Any suggestions. I thought about setting camera up with reel weeds to conceal it.

Offline Whale79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 03, 2010, 06:42 PM »
I was on Lk George yesterday, saw Pike, Bass, Crappie, none would take my lively minnows. It was fun watching yet very frustrating. Any suggestions. I thought about setting camera up with reel weeds to conceal it.

Don't use minnows @ Lake George. Small teardrops with waxies or spikes.
Fish ON!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hoosier Ice Pirate

« Reply #69 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.