Author Topic: any one try out a "fish tv"  (Read 1510 times)

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
any one try out a "fish tv"
« on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:47 PM »
hey there i went to my tackle shop the other day and seen the under water camera called fish tv for 99 bucks ..a ny one buy on or try one ... if so what are they like are they worth it or should i save up the money for a aqua vu or similar

thanks

Offline David Barber

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: any one try out a "fish tv"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I do not have one... but I have seen many reports that basically say you "get what you pay for".  99 bucks is pretty cheap... but I will also say that ANY camera is better than NO camera.

Offline bigchev98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing like some fun on the ice!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:25 PM »
my friend just bought one from his cabelas gift card for christmas we will try it out soon as he gets it and the weather cools down again. 50 degrees kinda hard on the lakes   :(

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Yep, got one for Christmas from my dad as a total surprise, have had it out three times and love it. I've never used any other camera, so have nothing to compare it to ... but, the picture is really clear and it lets me see what I want to see. I set it up in the first hole of four in my Shappell DX3000 and was able to view jigs of all three of us who were fishing in there (The one closest to the camera looked quite large, but it worked). We even had fun catching dink bluegill and perch because they looked like monsters on the screen. We were fishing in 12 feet of water with quite a bit of snow on the ice, and the picture showed up bright as could be. Ran it and the flasher off the same battery most of the day and had plenty of juice to spare.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:24 PM »
I haven't tried one, but I have a Guide Gear camera, and the cable junked out on me. You pay for what you get I suppose. The cable is where all the value is on the camera, and I can't even get another one so I'm shafted out of a camera. Keep this in mind before you spend half the AMT. Of an aqua vue. They are that price for a reason, and have been around since the beginning. I saw that the fish tv has a 2 year warrenty that you can purchase, but I don't see the point, espicially if the company stops producing that product, such as guide gear. I would save your money and buy the AV Showdown for like $230.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2008, 02:58 PM »
any one else have an oppinion about this product

Offline birddog_20

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2008, 04:55 PM »
I was at Gander Mountain today and looked one over,turned it seems to have a clear picture.I have a scout II, and I would say out of the water the pictuer is the same.I would buy one.

Offline pikehunter23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:19 PM »
I borrowed the Fish TV from one of my friends last year and I thought it was great. When I went in to Gander Mt about a month ago, a saw that the Aqua-Vu Scout XL 50 (7 inch screen) was only $200. So I bought it. Took it out last week and the picture was 10 times better than the fish tv.

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:19 PM »
hmmmm thanx for the imput guys it is muchly appreciated

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.