The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: oakland county ice  (Read 1748 times)

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
oakland county ice
« on: Dec 10, 2007, 09:19 AM »
 :o  all lakes i went by over the weekend are all locked up!  i have seen a few anglers out on some lakes.  we will all be out in 2 weeks as long as we continue to get cold temps and little snow!  i am going out today to check my lake out for ice conditions!  i will post when i get results.
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: oakland county ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Let me know where. I am right at th border of oakland county so that's not far at all. Need something fill the time while St. Claire freezes.

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2007, 02:36 PM »
These fish are from Saturday. Sunday had the same results. 100 pannies in two days for the two of us. I kanded 76, my bud 24. My limit came by 8:30 and 9 AM. The fishing is great, and the bite was hot. Note the 7.5" camera screen v/s the fish size. Only used the cam to explore the bottom. The vex was indispensible though!!! NOt much safe ice in Oakland, but found some!!!

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:57 PM »
Good catch there. Did you catch them on spikes?

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Way ta go, RL.

I ain't found ice thick enough for my big butt around here yet. Should be up north but my buddy called with promises of geese comin' into his field, so I might have to give 'em a go as the season ends this Wed.

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2007, 06:59 PM »
 ;D  well got back earlier today and my lake has a nice solid 4 inches of ice!  i better get ordering my spikes so i will have bait.  another friend of mine was on long lake this evening and he said it seemed solid, didn't have auger so he couldn't check ice thickness.  there were a few guys out in the middle of the lake though!  he will check ice thickness this friday.  he seen people out last friday!!!  and still could not break open the holes there were already been drilled.  the long lake is the one over by union lake.

Offline FISH21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2007, 08:10 PM »
I fished a a private lake in oakland co. on Saturday with my friend. We caught a bunch of bluegills and a couple of pike, with one going 32". Ice was a solid 3".

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2007, 02:42 AM »
djkruszewski, I saw a couple of shanties on long lake this afternoon as well, then as I drove by orion lake, i noticed the open spots seemed to be getting a bit bigger, I'm gonna wait another week before I go.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Good catch there. Did you catch them on spikes?

Green,

I started with Waxies and landed the first twenty in quick succession. As the sun rose and the plankton began to migrate, I switched to the smaller moussies, and the bite continued until I was able to help my cuz catch his limit as well. The spikes are even smaller than moussies and no doubt they would have sealed the deal as well.

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:25 PM »
long lake over by union lake has 6 inches of safe clear ice.  i'll be out next sunday, this weekend xmas parties are already here and too busy. :o

Offline FISH21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:49 PM »
6" of ice! Man that sounds so tempting...if I didn't have to study for finals I'd be out there!! :%$#!:

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Four inches of safe ice on a private lake in Oakland County!  Should have another inch by morning time!

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:04 PM »
my private lake has 5 inches, will be safe and ready next weekend! ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.