The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: decent perch  (Read 1783 times)

Offline mrblugil

• IceShanty Rookie
decent perch
« on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:40 AM »
fished off Cody Estey rd yesterday got some nice perch,one close to 14" an they were shallow 1.5 water tops seen some very big ones also but they would bump your minnow an move on :thumbsup:

Offline rbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: decent perch
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:14 PM »
what lake is that? how's the ice?

Offline michpike789

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:17 PM »
thats good, ive never fished out there but always hear a lot about it, just a tip, try a real small minnow, the smaller the better for the big perch, sometimes when there not hungry they suck a tiny minnow up for a snack. i do it with pike a lot, or bass. i have a riot in the summer playing with small bluegills
Lets head out, make swiss cheese, jig for gills, and watch the flags!

flockshot

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2006, 08:08 AM »
what lake is that? how's the ice?
that would be huron..saginaw bay
dont sound so desprate..lol..
nice perch mrblugil

Offline rbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2006, 03:06 PM »
 :-[ sorry i'm in berrien county. we've had about 5 days of ice all season. that's what i get for buying that frabill shanty after freezing my rear end for the last 3 seasons!!! lol ;D

Offline mrblugil

• IceShanty Rookie
Saginaw Bay yesterday wed the 8th
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2006, 06:45 AM »
tried Cody Estey again yesterday pm,caught 8 one about 9" an that was it,one small wally about 6" but lots of guys south east of where I was,still running sleds an quads out to the edge of the open water,my guess is they were fishin eyes cause they were still going OUT at 5:30,ice should be done today after this rain as the top four in or so was mush,last cpl in were clear but that will be done today after all this rain,lots of boats in downtown saginaw ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.