The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Doppler Dach Ready for Some Fishing This Weekend?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Doppler Dach Ready for Some Fishing This Weekend?
« on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Early Saturday Morning? 
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline rendo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Michigan
Re: Doppler Dach Ready for Some Fishing This Weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2006, 05:50 PM »

Watch Dach,s snow predictions. lol
willing to learn new tactics

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Doppler Dach....LOL

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2006, 06:32 AM »
Hey now guys Watch it.!!!! LOL
How did the fishing go Sat Rick?

Sorry I had to work, I saw ATV tracks in my drive Sun, was that you??

"Doppler Dach"   ROFLMAO

Mike

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2006, 10:41 AM »
I did pull in Sunday, while on a ride.  Didn't look like much going on.  We caught a meal worth of decent sized Perch, Saturday afternoon.   I have never said that before, after fishing Houghton Lake.  I have never caught any but tiny ones.  I had the Agua View going, and we could see up to nine Perch at once on the screen.  We got two that were in the 10 inch plus range.  Unheard of, by my book, out of our lake.  We were out from Jeff's around those four shanties we have fished at before.  Just before dark, we got a couple nice Crappies.  Guess were I'll be next Friday evening?  I'll come get you if you wish.  Unless the report calls for rain, I plan on taking Friday afternoon off and being on the ice around 4:30 or so.   

The Agua View was much fun.  Not sure it's fair to the fish. 

Rick
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline mrblugil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:28 AM »
I did pull in Sunday, while on a ride.  Didn't look like much going on.  We caught a meal worth of decent sized Perch, Saturday afternoon.   I have never said that before, after fishing Houghton Lake.  I have never caught any but tiny ones.  I had the Agua View going, and we could see up to nine Perch at once on the screen.  We got two that were in the 10 inch plus range.  Unheard of, by my book, out of our lake.  We were out from Jeff's around those four shanties we have fished at before.  Just before dark, we got a couple nice Crappies.  Guess were I'll be next Friday evening?  I'll come get you if you wish.  Unless the report calls for rain, I plan on taking Friday afternoon off and being on the ice around 4:30 or so.   

The Agua View was much fun.  Not sure it's fair to the fish. 

how far can you seen off to the side with that cam?

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Our lake is not the clearest water around.  The Aqua View made a huge difference in our success, anyway.  You could see several feet.  I put it down a separate hole so we could turn it and see both our lines.   Was helpful to see how a fish reacted to what you did.  It was clear, that as soon as we stopped jigging the bait the fish moved away.  Several times the Perch would leave the area quickly.  Every time, a Pike came into view.  A Pike nosed the camera once.   Moved it quite a ways.  Not sure if he bit it or just shoved it.  With the camera, you could see how much of the bait the fish had in his mouth.  You could actually tell when the hook was inside his mouth, so you could set the hook.  The Perch were all within a couple inches of bottom.  If you had your bait up too high they would not come after it.  All in all, I doubt I go on the ice without the Aqua View. 

Rick 

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2006, 07:26 AM »
If you are gonna do it Steve has to be this weekend cause Walleye & pike season ends the 15th.

Mike

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Steve, you've been gone a while.  Houghton Laker has been saying the 'eyes will school off the Cut river.  I looked last weekend and didn't find any.  Was there early Saturday with not a bite.  We did find some Perch and Crappie out from Jeff's place.  I hope to be back there Friday afternoon and evening.  I too, hope the rain stays away.  This morning Yahoo said no rain Friday or the weekend. 

Rick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.