Author Topic: Skaguay??  (Read 489 times)

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
Skaguay??
« on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:09 AM »
anybody fished it this year. I have to be in cripple creek around 2 to fight a traffic ticket. thought is leave early and actually get some enjoyment out of the day. Ive never fished it. wondering if the access in is maintained and ice conditions. I do have 4wd drive but im tires kinda suck.  baits that r productive in there??

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Skaguay??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:23 AM »
Tried the Skag a couple times years ago. Nothing but 12" slimers. They hit anything-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
Re: Skaguay??
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:45 AM »
probably just going back to the mile for a few hrs. I just google maped it and from me its 52 mins to get to skag then thirty eight to get to cripple crk from skag. it exactly the same for the mile just switched im 38 min from mile and 52 mins from cripple crk on teller one. so it makes no difference time wise. either way im done by noon. but it supposed to be mighty warm today in divide might hit 40f frikken heat wave up here. so that means it will be like 15 to20f high at the mile. that might be a record high for the season so far.. haaa. probably still be cold as hell frozen over this am though. im packing up and headed out. after that day on Mon. Ill be chasing that high that only a fish bigger than your hole can give like a junkie all season. although that tenacity comes with its sacrifices as well. like sleeping on the couch for fishing too much. LOL. Ill have to be springing for a full on spa day (Broadmore status) soon for the misses at the rate im going. LOL..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.