Author Topic: 11 Mile ice?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Griff8185

• IceShanty Rookie
11 Mile ice?
« on: Nov 24, 2014, 05:12 AM »
Has anyone been up to 11 mile yet? I live in the springs, so traveling almost 70 miles one way really isnt the best of options. I am also new to Colorado. I'm originally from upstate NY. Does anyone have any advice on catching trout and salmon here? Any tips would help me out greatly, since using live bait is illegal and thats what I am used to. Someone message me please! Really anxious to get out on the ice! Good luck this year to everyone!  :tipup:
Flags flyin' high!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 11 Mile ice?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:46 AM »
You'll need to hold your water just a little longer if you need to fish Elevenmile. Antero's open for business however I understand. The wind we're getting this week just busts up any ice before it can grow and it's just not quite cold enough to lock in a lid to get started. You can track conditions at 11milesports.com or keep an eye on this site. There will be plenty of buzz when the Mile locks up and the first week of 4" ice will have fishermen at 16" on center over half the lake surface. Since you're not really dialed in on this type of fishing either find a Fish Daddy or swing by Colorado Tackle Pro at 21st and Hwy 24. They'll get you started right. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for your service.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:21 AM »
Tube jigs of various colors tipped with meal or wax worms work great at all south park reservoirs

Offline elkdeerbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2014, 06:59 PM »
11-mile is still wide open. my Dad was out there on Tuesday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.