Author Topic: Coeur D'Alene Area  (Read 785 times)

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Coeur D'Alene Area
« on: Jan 15, 2024, 03:44 PM »
I will be in Coeur D'Alene the first weekend in March on a business trip.  Would it be worth throwing in my gear and trying to fish a day or two?

The "North Idaho Ice" thread seems to mention quite a few lakes in the area, but I am not familiar with the area and have no idea how ice conditions might be come March.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Offline smitty661

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Coeur D'Alene Area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2024, 05:18 AM »
Early march will depend on weather. Thats usually about the time im putting gear away for the season. The north idaho ice thread is the best place to check but feel free to send me a message before your trip and i will fill you in on conditions close to CDA. Its been a slow start this season.

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2024, 10:10 AM »
Early march will depend on weather. Thats usually about the time im putting gear away for the season. The north idaho ice thread is the best place to check but feel free to send me a message before your trip and i will fill you in on conditions close to CDA. Its been a slow start this season.

Thank you.  I will reach out closer to the trip for a report on the conditions.

Offline Davedb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2024, 12:14 PM »
I would bring my gear..better to have it than wishing I had it…. We should have some hard water in early March.

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2024, 02:49 PM »
We are heading to Coeur D'Alene on Thursday, and I would have all day Friday to fish if there is any good ice.  I have been following the "North Idaho Ice" thread and it doesn't sound too promising.  I was hoping Fernan would be fishable as it is literally across the road from the resort.

Do you guys know of any safe ice within an hour or so of Coeur D'Alene that I might be able to hit?

Offline Ratso-jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2024, 09:55 PM »
Ice fished Hauser last Monday.   Should still be ok.  Kelso lake probably good too.

Offline devo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2024, 07:26 AM »
 Has anyone been fishing Hauser, Fernan or Hayden lakes? I’ll be out there the end of March and I doubt they’ll be any ice left by then, but if so, would love to get out for a day or so.

Thanks! Devo.
-Voted most likely to get hurt 2010
-Secret Agent Man
-2013 Icemasters "Ironman" Angler of the year
-NY State Record Drum boat Captain, 2014-2016
-"Worst crew in all of drag racing” 2003

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.