Author Topic: Team Wild mods....  (Read 7344 times)

Offline willie1280

• Team IceShanty Regular
Team Wild mods....
« on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Just curious if anyone has any good mods to share to the team wild 2 shanty?

I am 100% satisfied with this unit.  If i had to complain about anything, it would be the fact that you can't raise the bench without opening the entire shanty.

Thanks in advance!!

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Team Wild mods....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I too am curious.  I just ordered one myself and look forward to adding stuff to it.

Offline reddot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:25 PM »
I too am curious.  I just ordered one myself and look forward to adding stuff to it.

hey ice beard.  dont have any mods but I am interested in ordering otter wild sled.  where did you order from if you dont mind.  thanks

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:14 AM »
I used to have the wilderness 'Walleye' model, which is the same as the Wild 2.  I added a hard floor to that one with holes cut in and carpet.  I added hinges and it folded up and would fit in the sled under the seats with all my gear.  I also put in boat seats instead of the plastic ones for more comfort.  I found some neat 'shelves' called the sidebaiter, which fit in between the poles and has a cup holder, two rod holders, and an area for jigs or bait.  Here is a picture of the floor:

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2011, 10:56 PM »
I have the Cabela's version(Arctic Element). It came with individual seats instead of the bench and no travel cover.

I have done a few mods;

I replaced the original seat with a cushioned version.

Secure storage for my rods and batteries.

Lighted switch panel, 3 tap 12v plug receptacles and a 2 tray tackle box.

Two strings of LED lights wired through the tubing.

Otter rod holders, I really like these.

I ran the wiring for the lights through the tubes, I used phone cords for the wiring.

More photos here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/24749952@N04/sets/72157623191528055/
I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep my flasher safe while dragging the sled around with a snowmobile (if I ever find a decent used one that is).
Adam

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:10 PM »
hey ice beard.  dont have any mods but I am interested in ordering otter wild sled.  where did you order from if you dont mind.  thanks

I got it from Kruger Farms.  Great price and even better salesman.  Ask for Josh, he was really great!  Now the shipping company that sent it to Buffalo...well that was another story!

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Well, I got my Otter Wild Two on Friday and fished with it for the first time yesterday.  My son and I are 101% satisfied.  Really like the bench seat a great deal.  I have read some concerns posted by guys wondering about not being able to lift it up when the hut is collapsed.  Not that I disagree mind you, it would certainly have been nice.  But honestly, I did not find it to be too much of an issue.  We had (two) five gallon buckets behind the seat, a small duffel bag, propane heater, and my Vexilar...and there was still plenty of room.  I must not have enough gear? 

As far as modifications...I am trying to find some sort of tackle / fishing accessory organizer we can mount to the back of the bench seat.  Maybe something like a flexible tool pouch where you could have a compartment for pliers, scale, camera, etc.  If anyone has got any ideas on that I would be very curious to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Ice Beard, Clam Corp has a shelf system you can buy that will velcro to the poles and sort of just hang there.  Kind of a neat set up, I know all the major retailers have it.  I've seen it several times online and in store.  Looks like it will work well for small tackle boxes, tools, and it even has a cup holder.

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2011, 06:32 AM »
Ice Beard, Clam Corp has a shelf system you can buy that will velcro to the poles and sort of just hang there.  Kind of a neat set up, I know all the major retailers have it.  I've seen it several times online and in store.  Looks like it will work well for small tackle boxes, tools, and it even has a cup holder.

Thanks man, I will look into that today.  I appreciate the post.

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Offline Pork

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2011, 06:59 AM »
Great mods AdamT.
I really like the floor...if I could tow it with something other than man power, I'd be all over that.

I posted this up in another thread somewhere, but rather than go find it & link it, I'll just repost it.
Under seat rod holders:

I just used the cheap Berkley rod holders & broom handle clips.
I have to wrap a bungee around them during transit so the rods don't come loose.
If I was doing it over, I'd use the Berkley holders with the hole in them to hold the butt end of the rods.
With proper spacing, that should hold them securely without the straps.
If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes. ;)

Offline Rubicon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:52 PM »
I have the Cabela's version(Arctic Element). It came with individual seats instead of the bench and no travel cover.
(Image removed from quote.)

I have done a few mods;

I replaced the original seat with a cushioned version.

Secure storage for my rods and batteries.

Lighted switch panel, 3 tap 12v plug receptacles and a 2 tray tackle box.

Two strings of LED lights wired through the tubing.

Otter rod holders, I really like these.

I ran the wiring for the lights through the tubes, I used phone cords for the wiring.

More photos here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/24749952@N04/sets/72157623191528055/
I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep my flasher safe while dragging the sled around with a snowmobile (if I ever find a decent used one that is).
Adam

Awesome set up you have there nice mods  :tipup:
"TEACH A KID TO FISH", "IT WILL BRING BACK MEMORIES"

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2011, 06:00 PM »
I used 1/4" plywood, It only added about 5 lbs. The two extra batteries added a few pounds too. I have been pulling it by hand so far, I've been looking for an ice fishing snowmobile all winter ;). It is set up with towing in mind, everything is held in place pretty securely.

Adam

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Aug 07, 2011, 12:40 PM »
wow sweet mods adam i have had a team wild since they came out and sadly no mods but i have to use my 2 feet to haul it but i think its time thanks for the inspiration  ;D
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Aug 07, 2011, 12:49 PM »
nice job like it well keep up the mods

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2011, 12:39 AM »
nice job like it well keep up the mods

There's actually only a couple of lakes in Co that allow snowmobiles or atv's, so I have pulled it quite a few times too. I bought it when I still lived in Mn, I swear that in Colorado I use it as a sunshade as much as a shelter.

AdamT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.