Author Topic: Thank you to Marmish  (Read 800 times)

Offline Sawyerjosh

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thank you to Marmish
« on: Mar 26, 2012, 10:00 AM »
I just wanted to put out there, I won a package of the Marmish jigs in the weekly drawing and caught my first (and second and third) ever togue through the ice with them.  I had been targetting togue all day with the usually, swedish pimple, bucktail, airplane-all with no luck.  Finally took out my panfish rig(3lb test with marmish jig and pc of cut bait) and tried to at least jig up some perch or crappy.  20 minutes into it, got a hit that snapped off my line.  Quicly tied on another and set my drag WAY down.  1/2 hr later fought another large fish for over 5 minutes before that one snapped me off.  Switched over to 8lb test and tied on the last marmish jig out of the pack and caught this one:

2 more hits, but no more fish that day.  Turned out not to be a fluke, following weekend on a different body of water there were three of us fishing with a dozen traps in the water and 2 of us jigging.  I caught the only two togue of the day, both on the Marmish jig:

Just wanted to put a thank you out to Marmish for sponsering the derby and helping me land my first togue!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.