Author Topic: SAVE THE SHANTY ONLINE TOURNY  (Read 10907 times)

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
SAVE THE SHANTY ONLINE TOURNY
« on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:03 AM »
Please use this thread to voice your comments in SUPPORT of the Ice Shanty Free Online Trny. It appears as though this will be the last year for it which would be a real shame. A moment of your time and a few words may keep this event alive. This free Online Event is a great way to compete for a few prizes for young and old, as well as allow many IS Sponsors to get a little more recognition for their products and sites.

We need to get our members to actively voice your opinion on this matter !! If enough people want it to stay and speak up then perhaps we can save it for years to come. There are thousands of members which mean  that we need hundreds of responses to show that the members do care about the ONLINE Trny. Win or Lose it has been a big part of the Shanty and many thanks to those that run it, participate in it, and sponsor it. I did my part ...now its your turn to SPEAK UP!!

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
Re: SAVE THE SHANTY ONLINE TOURNY
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:02 PM »
I would like to thanks Lonewolf for hosting this annual tournament. It is a shame to see it go

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:11 PM »
This is only my first year doing the tourney, but I'm very hopeful that it continues after this year.  I've been hitting the hardwater for many years, but only got into doing my local IS derby last year, and now doing that one and this one as well.

LoneWolf, it sounds like you've done a wonderful job with this derby for the past decade.  I really hope that someone is able to pick up where you're leaving off.  Either way, thanks for what you've provided to those of us that have been / are involved.  :thumbsup:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:13 PM »
Does another mod have to take it over? or can a regular member?

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I have followed this tourney for 4 years, and Lonewolf has done an excellent job, and I hope someone is able to take it over, and continue the tradition once he steps down.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:08 PM »
This is my 1st year in the tourney as i have only been a member for a short time, but plan on being here for many years to come. Please dont do away with this. Thanks again to lonewolf  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline flik n dip

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:18 PM »
This is a great tourny. i would hate to see it go, i have participated for the last 2 years.

Offline walleymaster96

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:19 PM »
this is my second year in the tourney and would love to see it go on longer

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:38 PM »
The tourney is always a lot of fun. I'm sure someone will take it over.  :whistle:

I do the IFOY on the Maine board, but if they would have me, I'd keep this tourny going too.  :thumbsup:

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:47 PM »
Lets face it, in the winter months we all get bored..
This tourney is something positive to look forward to. Helps beat the hibernation and with more competition gets me out longer and fishing harder then i normally would have..
Hard water fishing is a whole new game then soft water fishing, i think i am enjoying it more and more every year.
Every year i think the community of members is growing and i would hate to stop or slow such a great thing we share together by shutting down the tourney!

-Big high fives to Lonewolf and the many sponsers and people behind the scenes that help with the tourney, it obviously takes a fair amount of time and organization etc to keep it going..

-I think we can make this hardwater tourney the largest ever in the years to come!
-Hopefully if enuf people beg then Lonewolf will continue doing a great job, or someone else will take up the work/responsibility!! :)
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:08 PM »
I would like it to stay!!!!!!! Someone needs to step up and take the wheel......

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:21 AM »
Just so it's clear what is the exact reason that it would be lost?  Just that Lonewolf is going to run it anymore, or is there another reason that would stop it form taking place?

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:35 AM »
Lets face it, in the winter months we all get bored..
This tourney is something positive to look forward to. Helps beat the hibernation and with more competition gets me out longer and fishing harder then i normally would have..
Hard water fishing is a whole new game then soft water fishing, i think i am enjoying it more and more every year.
Every year i think the community of members is growing and i would hate to stop or slow such a great thing we share together by shutting down the tourney!

-Big high fives to Lonewolf and the many sponsers and people behind the scenes that help with the tourney, it obviously takes a fair amount of time and organization etc to keep it going..

-I think we can make this hardwater tourney the largest ever in the years to come!
-Hopefully if enuf people beg then Lonewolf will continue doing a great job, or someone else will take up the work/responsibility!! :)

^
This.

Offline CBOYCE1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 25" walleye on 2lb test with a 3mm jig STUD!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:47 AM »
This tournament is a very positive aspect of iceshanty.  Lone wolf has done an excellent job running it and I hate to see him let it go.  We all understand though that this must take up a big part of your time being in charge of everything, so thank you for sacrificing your time for our enjoyment.  I hate to see this be the last year and hopefully some one will take over the reins and continue the tradition.  Thank you again lone wolf
If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Dude, I will run it, I have nothing too do but watch my kids... i'm on here 10 times a day.... I don't mind helping out, that's if you will let me.....
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline Cool Blue

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Winter Time, Good times!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Hopefully it stays!!!Fun times :tipup:

Offline jigumup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to Fish Forced to Work!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Would love to see it continue. Good stuff

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2012, 02:29 AM »
i have done it for 3 years never entered anything. i think it is a great turny and lonewolf and crew have done a great job of running it. it would be a shame to lose it.  Thanks again Lonewolf

Offline icemantwo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2012, 11:38 AM »
The online tourney is great and I hope it continues to run for many years  :tipup:
A day without fishing is a day wasted.

Offline SL Victoria

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:41 AM »
I hope some how the tourney is saved, it has been fun so far.  I have just entered for the first time this year and my little brother wants to enter next year. :unsure:

Offline numinous

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the going gets tough the tough go fishing!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:02 PM »
I am willing to help. Perhaps we can get enough people who want to be involved in the organization and logistics to keep it going. Whaddya ya say IS?

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:36 PM »
The tourney is always a lot of fun. I'm sure someone will take it over.  :whistle:

I do the IFOY on the Maine board, but if they would have me, I'd keep this tourny going too.  :thumbsup:

And he does an excellent job!!!!!!

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Not sure what I can do, but definitely willing to help...

Hogger

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 07, 2012, 12:55 PM »
I can help with donations, just let me know.
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike17.0 Steely9.8 Bass6.9 Brood8.0 Crappie17.5
« Reply #24 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:19 AM »
This tournament is a very positive aspect of iceshanty.  Lone wolf has done an excellent job running it and I hate to see him let it go.  We all understand though that this must take up a big part of your time being in charge of everything, so thank you for sacrificing your time for our enjoyment.  I hate to see this be the last year and hopefully some one will take over the reins and continue the tradition.  Thank you again lone wolf

My thoughts ^^^^^

Offline Dtaylor8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:35 PM »
I can help in some way, would love to keep it going.  I haven't done it here yet as I am a new member but definitely would next year and would even donate some prizes.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:56 PM »
It has nothing with donating prizes... LoneWolf has some great sponsors... He has spent countless hours running this..  The thing is the time it takes to do it....   It would take a MOD to run it and Mods have enough time spent reading posts let alone going through all the entries in the tourney...  I'm not a computer geek like he is,  ;D. (just kidding) but if I was I would love to keep it going...  we will see what happens...  Don't wright it off...    Maybe a few MODs can collaborate and run it next year??    ::) ::)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Feb 24, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Great idea! I'd love to be involved with keeping it going, but I'm not very good at the getting sponsor stuff. :(

Offline Dtaylor8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 25, 2012, 01:32 PM »
It has nothing with donating prizes... LoneWolf has some great sponsors... He has spent countless hours running this..  The thing is the time it takes to do it....   It would take a MOD to run it and Mods have enough time spent reading posts let alone going through all the entries in the tourney...  I'm not a computer geek like he is,  ;D. (just kidding) but if I was I would love to keep it going...  we will see what happens...  Don't wright it off...    Maybe a few MODs can collaborate and run it next year??    ::) ::)

Not a Mod, but I would love to be one.  I am on here a lot and would love to help out with tournament next year, or anything for that matter.

Offline eye_slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Tight Lines and Cold beer
« Reply #29 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:03 PM »
This is my 1st year in the tourney as i have only been a member for a short time, but plan on being here for many years to come. Please dont do away with this. Thanks again to lonewolf  @)

I have just joined IS and would love to do this next year, as i catch all the big eyes and crappie... thanks wolf for your contribution and hope we keep it around

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.