The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Minnow tipping  (Read 519 times)

Offline TAP66

• Team IceShanty Regular
Minnow tipping
« on: Jan 13, 2016, 03:19 PM »
I fished sturgeon bay at Erie out from the marina on the Bay front side and did well for perch tipping my jigs with fresh minnow heads. I wondered if anyone has tried tipping jig heads with Miracle Minnow's  1 and 1/2 inch emerald shiners or any other preserved minnow with any success. 
I don't mind if you sit next to me as long as you are a fisherman who cares about the resource.

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Minnow tipping
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2016, 05:36 PM »
How much ice...
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline TAP66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Sorry if I misled you in my post.  I was talking about Last year late February  and Early march.  There was over 16 inches.  I was just curious if anyone ever tried tipping jigs such as Swedish Pimples with salted or preserved minnow heads and if it worked rather than beheading live minnows.
I don't mind if you sit next to me as long as you are a fisherman who cares about the resource.

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:17 AM »
Never tried preserved minors but use shinner and fathead heads all the time while jigging for perch and walleye

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:23 AM »
I've never tried preserved minnows, but the dead ones in my bucket are always the first ones to get their heads cut off.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:30 AM »
That's a relief!

I thought that with the odd season we're having that cabin fever had set in and this post was about some desperate attempt at keeping busy with a twisted activity like "cow tipping"!!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.