The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Introducing Ice Fishing To New People  (Read 286 times)

Offline ditzlr79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I'm fishing I'm happy
Introducing Ice Fishing To New People
« on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:57 PM »
This year has not only been a very successful ice fishing season, but I've also been able to turn this great sport onto some "not sure if it's for me" people! Now I must admit their first experience was much better then I myself had but it's still nice to get people who would never even consider doing this out and at least try it. Like I said, they're luckier then I was because when I started I had nothing but a rod, hand auger, rod and no idea what the hell I was doing! Now when people come out with me they have the luxury of my insulated tent, big buddy heater, Humminbird Ice-35, Marcum lx5 and ION auger. The funny thing is I've noticed they end up venturing out of the tent and off on their own and really picking it up! We've been lucky enough to have a great bite so far and especially on Hamilton Lake in Wellsboro! Catching the fish really helps the process of learning ice fishing! I even got my mom out on the ice for the first time in her life and she actually stayed for 2 1/2 hours! Surprising is an understatement! Like I said, I love this sport but I like getting people interested in it and seeing how much fun it really is almost as much! I normally don't even get a line in the water for the first hour or so just so they learn how to read the flashers and watch the spring bobber for those little taps! The fun they have the excitement I see in their eyes when they actually hook into one is almost as rewarding as landing a fish myself! Hope everyone is having a great season with lots of luck and hope you as well can turn a nay sayer of ice fishing into a believer and a future ice angler! Have fun and be safe out there friends!  :thumbsup: :icefish: ;D
There's Ice Fishing, then there's ice and fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.