Author Topic: Some Pics Of my Striker Ice Suit  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
Some Pics Of my Striker Ice Suit
« on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I ordered it form the Red Rock store on Saturday and i got it on wed. This thing is 10 times sweeter than i imagined it, the pictures i saw of it online don't do it justice, And without seeing it in person its hard to justify 350 bucks for a coat and bibs but this thing is worth it , They even though in a pair of gloves that are sweet,One pic is of the sleeves they have like a neoprene seal to keep the wind and water out

Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Some Pics Of my Striker Ice Suit
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2011, 07:47 PM »
Oh man that looks sweet i think i may be sold!

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2011, 12:37 PM »
here's my review with pics....
I ordered the Striker Ice suit online, so I had no chance to try it on and do a direct comparison to the competition – and not much in the way of user reviews to go on being that suit it so new.  The few reviews I found really sold me on the suit ‘sight unseen’ – and the pre-sales customer support I received was amazing.  I asked many very specific questions of the company concerning warranty, materials, design and details and all were answered within a few hours by Shawn K – big thumbs up!
Please excuse the photo quality
First Impression:
I took the suit out of the box and was pleasantly surprised to see the jacket and bibs both came with extra button hardware ( a nice touch to accompany the warranty )
Having ordered the regular suit (not the lite version) I was surprised at how light the suit was.  I have tried on all the major float suits and this one seems light and malleable.  The material is flexible and slightly ‘pre-shaped’ in the knees and elbows.
The styling was a nice blue-ish grey with black trim, white highly reflective banding and best of all, SUBTLE branding…I don’t want to be a walking billboard.

The Details:
I don’t think I can summarize all the intricacies of this suit as I’ve only worn it for about 15 minutes.  Our grass is still green and wearing this suit in the house is pretty warm.  Every time I put this suit on I find a new expandable, pocket drawstring, clip or zipper and they are all very well thought out with placement and pocket design.  Some easy access fleece lined hand-warmer type, some large ‘cargo’ style expandable button top, and several water tight zipper pockets, along with ‘zip through’ to get at stuff inside or make that awkward scratch easier.

The little extras:
Most of the above mentioned features you will find on one suit or another, here are some key features that tell me a true outdoorsman had a say in the suit’s design:
The suit is 100% water proof, but we all know how water on the ice tends to find it’s way through gaps in outwear – the inside leg cuffs have an extra splash guard with elastic and button closure:

As well as ankle to hip zips:

And for anyone that’s ever lost something down the hole or in the snow, a great place for keys  (zipper small pocket on the sleeve):

Additional interior cuffs are soft and water proof:

And the ingenious idea of customizable cuffs – a simple, super strong velco cuff:
Fully extended (note the bands of velco moving up the leg, these are “hem points”

And as a 6’ tall guy, rolling up the cuffs to the mid-way point tells me tall or short, you should have a good fit
Rolling up the cuffs:

Finished “hem” job:

And then there’s the venting…I can’t believe this is a “revolutionary” idea for a float suit meant to be worn for sporting:

The magnetic closures over the zips (legs and coat) are a nice touch, as is the 3 way zip on the coat and bibs:

makes an easy access for bathroom breaks.  The pliable wire brim in the (detachable) hood is another breakthrough I wish I had on all my coats.  And then there’s this James Bond-esque feature (Beveridge not included):

Some shots of how the suit looks/fits:

Notice where the padded knees are – I jacked up the suspenders and rolled up the cuffs and they are still in the right spot – nicely padded knees and seat.

I’m sure there’s some features I haven’t found yet – so feel free to ask questions, I wish I’d had this info before buying, would’ve made the decision much easier.  I will report back details of how it handles the cold and wet once we get some ice!  Based on my initial findings I would highly recommend this suit both for safety and warmth.
The Fit: I’d say, tall and somewhat slim.  I’m 6’ 180lbs, 36 waist.  I ordered the large bibs and coat and they fit great.  Enough room for a layer or two and not at all bulky.
The suits fit very close to their sizing chart http://www.strikerbrands.com/store/c/20-Striker-Ice.aspx
Tight lines

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Very very cool

Great suit thanks for all the pictures

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Didn't I see you in the JC penny ad in this Sundays paper ;D anyway nice duds!  I hope it  is a high quality performance suite ;D thanks for sharing oh.. what about padding in the knees? Did you compare this with the AA? I want padded knees, the heavier padded the better imo. cheers.. lastly which pocket will be best if the sam freezes  ;D

Offline beavercreekoutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2011, 07:43 PM »
I foresee AA losing some market share....... :o ::) :P

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Thanks so much I am pulling the trigger on this suit for sure
So many feature and will fit my 6'3" 240lb frame
and a free pair of gloves to boot
Thanks again for the info pictures tell a thousand words
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Thanks so much I am pulling the trigger on this suit for sure
So many feature and will fit my 6'3" 240lb frame
and a free pair of gloves to boot
Thanks again for the info pictures tell a thousand words
Pirk
Pirk I'm 6' 4" 250-260 pounds depending on the day, I have pretty short legs(32 inseam) I went with the regular suit and not the light so I got the 2xl and it fits me pretty good , to we're I still have room for a fleece  if need be .
If anybody is in the northern Indiana region and wants to try it on for size purposes send me a message
Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Offline panfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Nice Suit! Wish my wife would let me open my Christmas early.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:14 AM »
I've wore my striker regular suit out a few times now, and I love it.  Functionally it's great!  The pockets and zips are all very conveniently placed.  The venting is a life saver!!  I walked 4km last weekend in it and zipped open the pits, and used the 3-way leg zip to vent at the knees...boy did that make a HUGE difference!  I also wore it this weekend, 8 hours on the ice both days in -15 to -20 weather, sitting on a bucket.  I was toasty warm with only a wicking polypropylene (not warm) base layer...and I normally run pretty cold.  I often forgot I had the vents open, it's that warm.  When I did break a sweat, it seemed to evaporate quickly and I was NEVER wet or cold. 
Tight lines

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:57 PM »
thanks The DL i pulled the trigger on that suit!
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:00 PM »
Just got my Striker Ice Lite Suit today.  Man is this thing awesome.  Thanks to all for the great reviews.  Can't wait to try it out this weekend.  Tight Lines!!   :thumbsup:

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:27 AM »
How do you like the lite suit?   Thinking of that one myself
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:59 AM »
How do you like the lite suit?   Thinking of that one myself
Love it.  Super warm, light and all the same features as the regular just half the insulation.  Best purchase i've made in years.  Glad that I did my homework before buying.  Purchased at Red Rock Store for $329.00 with free Striker Ice Gloves that are awesome and free shipping.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2012, 03:25 PM »
What is the lite suit rated down to? 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2012, 04:41 PM »
I was told that the Lite suit is warmer than the arctic armor suit.  But on the plus side is the vents.  From what I've seen on reviews people have been comfortable down to the negatives.  There is no current rating but here is a clip out of redrockstore.com.  They have a very detailed review that is worth reading for sure.  It was what made my mind up.

Part of Red Rock Store's Review:
From what I can see, I think the Striker Ice Lite suit will take you down to about -15 degrees below and may require a layer when sitting still for extended periods at this temp. The Striker Ice regular (also has a heavier outside cloth than the Lite version along with 100 more grams of insulation in the liner) will probably take you down to -25 degrees F real temp before you need to put on a fleece layer. These are temperature ranges all subjective based on what I got to see and touch in thh complete Striker Ice Line and my own experience in cold weather living in NE Minnesota for my whole life.

Hope this helps.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:47 PM »
looks like a really nice suit and well built

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2012, 04:59 PM »
After reading these reviews I pulled the trigger and purchased the Strike Lite from Red Rock.  It should arrive early next week.  I'll post a review once it arrives and I've had a chance to use it on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.