Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1647355 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19860 on: Jun 13, 2020, 05:18 AM »
46* and sunny.
IW, good that the fence up, I have heard people are seeing lots of fawns around.
Yesterday's fishing trip was a bust. Not one fish. It got very windy in the afternoon. Stayed hoping more speed would be the answer. New spots are no better than the old ones. Looked at some of my old logs and there has been years where the fishing didn't really get good until late June. Water temp was 69*.
Lindsay is coming today so she and her mother can bake for her schools graduation parade on Monday.
Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19861 on: Jun 13, 2020, 06:56 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....sorry to hear the new spots didn't produce  :(  the way the wind was blowing you must have been flying across the lake  :o  :roflmao:

IW.....can't imagine a garden without a fence with all the deer around  :blink:  nice of MM to help you out, karma at it's best  ;)

WS.....sorry your day on the water didn't work out either  :'(  seems cabin fever has sent everyone and their brother out fishing/shopping etc  ::)

MrC.....seems there's a lot of controversy about the West Point cadets being brought together for the graduation ceremony  :unsure:  guess everyone is a bit on edge these days between the virus and the racial/law enforcement  issues  :-\

IFF.....hope you find time to get the little motor fixed so you can get a therapy session in soon  ;)2  hope MrsIFF is feeling better  :)

OG.....thanks for the morning cup today  ;D

the pollen is ridiculous this year, don't remember it ever being quite this bad  :-\ everything in the house needs to be wiped off at least once a day, my car is covered even tho it's in the garage  ::)  my sympathies to those with seasonal allergies  :(

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19862 on: Jun 13, 2020, 11:55 AM »

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19863 on: Jun 13, 2020, 12:27 PM »
Wow!!! Now that is something Marv needs!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19864 on: Jun 13, 2020, 03:21 PM »

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19865 on: Jun 13, 2020, 06:15 PM »
Did a bit of work around the house today.
Got a new cover on one of my portable garages and cleaned up the snowmobile for storage.
Tomorrow it's time to get the boat ready. :)
Want to put the dock in next weekend. ;)

Tossed a pork butt in the slow cooker this morning so I could have pulled pork sammiches fer dinner. Kinda bummed I didn't have my slaw but the roads were a gong show and I wasn't going to sit in traffic just to pick up a bag of slaw fixin's. It was very good even without the slaw though.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19866 on: Jun 13, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

A beautiful day here with light winds and low dew points. I actually had a light sweatshirt on until mid afternoon.

Dave good videos, and some good looking sammiches :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The Lyme disease link was good. I also had no tick found and no bullseye, some nasty crap to say the least :%$#!:

I made a fire in the pit this morning and burnt a couple wheelbarrow loads of pine that I wanted to get rid of. My wife knows I love grilled BBQ chicken and she makes the best I have ever eaten. Unfortunately with her eye issues she has stayed clear of anything that makes smoke. I have tried a couple times to make it but it never turned out close to hers, so today was the first batch in 2 years ???

I came across an old Weber grill on one of my walks that someone had set out for free. I figured the kettle grill would contain the smoke better than cooking in the pit. I took a bunch of coals out of the pit and put in the grill and she was off to the races.

Neither of the girl cares much for BBQ chicken so that allows me to hammer away on a plate undisturbed  ;D

Of course the problem is I always go way over board and end up miserable

A couple were wondering about the fishing on Friday. We decided to go to a musky lake and try our luck. When we got there we found about 40+ trucks and trailers in the lot with a waiting line. I had no interest so we went to my spearing lake. We caught a couple small pike and decided to fish some docks for bass. Things were quiet when we finally noticed the weed poisoning signs  and caught up to these guys

With that we cut our losses and called it a day. I wish they would post on a web site where and when they treat lakes for weeds. The fishing is always off for some time after they treat.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19867 on: Jun 13, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Marv
The meat coma is a man's right!!!
Long live the meat coma!!!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19868 on: Jun 13, 2020, 08:56 PM »
Marv
The meat coma is a man's right!!!
Long live the meat coma!!!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hahaha  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19869 on: Jun 13, 2020, 10:31 PM »
Good evening Les Humid has arrive will down into the mid fifties over night I have a window open enjoying the cooler air. I have not watched any news broadcast yet to see what President Trump said in his graduation address to cadets at West Point. I heard there were groups of protesters and Trump supporters at a couple of the gates into the installation.
Old Goat may you state park sticker arrive soon so you can get out fishing. Have you tested the flex seal repair on your boat.
Ice Wanderer good to read the fence install was a quick job may it keep down any deer damage to the garden. i hope son#2's FIL knew how to use the hair clippers and you hair a nicely groomed head of hair.
Hunts2long sorry to hear the fish were not cooperative yesterday good idea to keep notes on your trips. May the wife and Lindsay's baking have gone well may there be good weather for the graduation parade.
wallyworld my car has had a yellow coating at times agree it must be a pain for those with allergies. West point released a statement saying the graduating cadets had to come back any way for medical exams and to get equipment need by some for their respective military assignments. I believe graduating or all cadets came back in late May and were tested for Covid-19 were put in isolation.
Drifter thank you for the information on the tick repellent and story about cabin moving. that pulled pork looks delicious . Parents and family were not allowed to attend the ceremony there was an on-line stream they could view of the event. I did a Google search here is a link to website for the Tick Repellent for those wanting more info. our to order the product.   www.atlantick.ca
Whopper Stopper to bad the fishing bite was slow and first lake you visited was crowded. It would be nice if they posted info. on lakes being treated for weeds on your state's DNR website and put up notices at launch sites. It is hard to not to over indulge on our favorite foods even if we know it will cause us to feel uncomfortable after eating.

I have NBC news out of NYC on brief story on President Trump's visit to West Point no mention of what he said in his address. Also see Les Humid will be moving on by next Wednesday and NYC might reach ninety on Father's day.

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19870 on: Jun 14, 2020, 04:36 AM »
Good morning ER's,
              It's 48* and mostly clear here.
              Steve........#2's father in law has been cutting his own hair for over forty yesrs, so I figured how could I go wrong. How he got started cutting his own hair: when he was in Viet Nam they had a Vietnamese barber and he used a straight razor when cutting the soldiers hair. Well one time after a night attack from the Vietcong the next morning they found the barber hung up in the razor wire with a satchelbomb. So from that time on he cut his own.
                     Dave.......That was an interesting piece on the cabin move, your is on solid rock so I don't think you'd have to worry.  Is that tick repellent readily available on the market.
                    Wally.........I don't know what's going on this year, but the pollen is real bad, there are a lot of yellow jacket bees a d we're loaded with chipmunks. ??????
                    Marv..........Yeah you'd think that the DNR would lost signs at the boat launch that they were poisoning the lake. The BBQ chicken looks yummy, I can almost taste it.
                     Yesterday I went to Tractor Supply to look for a riser sprinkler stand to water my wife's garden. They had 2 types, one cost $59 the other $39, so I grabbed the less expensive one. When I got to the check out it rang up $5.99. I was Leary to why it was so cheap but when I got it home, it worked great.
                      Today #2 son and wife are having a party for my granddaughter Emma, she is turni g 7 years old, where does the time go.
                       I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19871 on: Jun 14, 2020, 06:07 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  48 here on the Hill right now, believe it dipped down to the high 30’s overnight, upper 60’s for a high today. Think I saw Marv out in the hallway, Morning Sir!

Jeff...Happy 7th Birthday wishes to Emma, they sure grow up fast! Enjoy the party!   :clap:   
  Marv...sorry the fishing trip didn’t pan out, you would think they would make it very clear about poisoning the lake. The chicken looks amazing, excellent job and nice find on the Weber!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve..I caught the news late and didn’t see much on the Presidents speech at West Point either, but I did see them toss their hats!   ;D 
  Dave...thanks for sharing the links, especially the one about the tick repellent. The pulled pork looks awesome, nice job!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...now that you mentioned it, the pollen seems to be extra heavy here as well. Like Jeff mentioned, lots of yellow jackets buzzing around also.

We had the grandchildren spend most of the day with us yesterday and overnight Friday...so much energy, lol, wore the old man out!   ;D
  Not a heck of a lot going on today...but after seeing that grilled chicken and pulled pork...think a barbecue is order!  :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on if anyone needs one...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19872 on: Jun 14, 2020, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

WS....that chicken looks delicious  :thumbsup:  hope your cooler weather sticks around for awhile ;)

IW.....lots of yellow jackets and carpenter bees here  ::)  happy birthday to Emma  :clap:

Drifter.....the pulled pork looks great  :thumbsup:  thanks for the "mobile home" video  :woot:

MrC....looks like increasing temps/humidity every day this week, heading for 90* by Friday  :blink:

H2L.....did you get any samples out of the kitchen  ???

Eddie....nice you got to spend time with the grandkids  :clap: :thumbsup:  haven't seen mine since March except thru facetime  :'(

CapJ/IF45.....hoping all is well  ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19873 on: Jun 14, 2020, 07:23 AM »
Guess the temps here remain 10* above normal for this time of year.  Mrs not able to get around on her own two feet.  So in comes the wheel chair, back pain is what she is complaining about, latest blood tests show that red cell count is way down.  Hope to get her in to see Dr's Monday, and another test they recommend.  Still looks like a guessing game so far as what ned's are needed
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19874 on: Jun 14, 2020, 07:37 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

Bright sunshine, almost no humidity, 63* going to the low 70's

All is well here with everybody, no sickness of any kind - just been very busy & tired after work - been cleaning up the house getting ready for sale, have 20 some years
     of accumulated stuff to go thru, keep this-this one goes out, still have plenty more to do

I.W. - glad to hear that the hand is doing well

I don't mean to slight anybody, but we have real estate people coming by today to show the house, so have things to do

Be Safe-Keep Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19875 on: Jun 14, 2020, 08:51 AM »
IW
They sell right on the site: https://atlantick.ca/collections/products

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19876 on: Jun 14, 2020, 09:22 AM »
It has been a hard time getting moving this morning. I went over to the other place Thursday and stayed on Friday to put the 1 foot of additional steel on the pieces that were short and then cap the roof. By the time I was finished I was beat.

Last night was a surprise 30th wedding anniversary party for my son and his wife. There were quite a few people there including all of the brides maids. The main sandwich was pulled pork. who ever  did it did a fantastic job. It got pretty cold out before we came home. The furnace has been running every night for the last few days.

When ever they spray our lake for weeds the company that does the spraying puts signs up at the launches and parks. They also walk the lake shore putting signs at every house.

ww My wisteria is doing some growing. No sign of any flowers yet.  I came on about a 10 acre woods the year we pulled mine out of a ditch in VA. The whole canopy of the woods was full of wisteria in bloom. Beautiful!!

Marv The chicken looks delicious. I wish I could duplicate my mother recipe for her BBQ chicken she did on the stove. Like all of her written down recipes they do not come out the same when I do them.

I need to get some more of the house power washed so I need to get going.

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19877 on: Jun 14, 2020, 09:39 AM »

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19878 on: Jun 14, 2020, 09:46 AM »
It was 48* this morning.
The girls got all the cookies done yesterday. I got to do a lot of dishes. Lindsay and Rocky stayed overnight so I fixed breakfast this morning, more dishes to do.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Cloudy and breezy this morning. The wind has been bad all Spring.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19879 on: Jun 14, 2020, 09:57 AM »
TT....

Saw wisteria like you described last spring in North Carolina when we went down there with the bike. Wasn’t sure if it would grow in this area but I guess now I have my answer  :)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19880 on: Jun 14, 2020, 04:22 PM »
Took me 7 hours but I finally mustered up enough energy to swap the sled and boat in my 40' long portable garage. Can work on cleaning and getting it ready for next weekend during the week now. :)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19881 on: Jun 14, 2020, 05:56 PM »
ww My love for wisteria came from the one my mother planted next to one of her clothes' line posts. It took over the four lines on the close line. I also love hydrangeas. My mother planted three that were given her from funerals in her between her house and her garage. She could tell you who's funeral they came from. They got huge to the point that every year I had to cut them back so they did not over take the side walk. After she died and we sold her house they took them out. That must have been a real chore.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19882 on: Jun 14, 2020, 07:26 PM »
WW one of her favorites is the clematis guess they are all purple flowers, have one that climbs up the outside of the patio deck.

Dave that portable garage at the Cabin ? No, guess not LOL

about time to fix supper.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19883 on: Jun 14, 2020, 08:11 PM »
 God very pleasant day heer with high in the mid. seventies plenty of people out enjoying the day. I watched a few different news broadcasts last night not much mention of what President trump said in his address to graduating West Point cadets. I see there also was a police shooting of a black man in Atlanta on Friday in a Wendy's parking. People out in the streets protesting this shooting officer who discharge his fireman fired from the force his partner now on desk duty while investigation is conducted. The chief of Atlanta's police force resigned. Last night some person/persons set fire to the Wendy's where shooting occurred by time fire department could get through the streets building was engulfed in flames.
Ice Wanderer sad story of how son#2"s FIL first got started cutting hair. Please Emma a Happy Birthday for me.
Eddie glad you can spend time with your grandchildren hope you and your wife took things easy today and recharged your energy supplies.
IFF sorry to read about your wife's current condition may doctors find a treatment that improves her health. Given all Drifter's "toys" he needs a large garage.
Capt.Jim good to see a post from you Glad all is well with the family and you. Best wishes sent on the sale of your house. I assume you are seeing more folks in your area on weekends with the warmer weather.
Tomturkey good to read you finished the roof work at your second house. Give my congratulations to your son and DIL on their 30TH wedding anniversary.
Hunts2long good to hear your wife and Lindsay finished all the cookies . I you got to sample a few. Nice of you to handle all the dishes and make breakfast this morning. What grade level does Lindsay teach. This news item should make your wife happy Wegman's is extending business hours at some of it's store as Covid-19 regulations are being eased in parts of NY.
Drifter sounds like your making use of majority of your garage may you not find any problems with your boat while cleaning it this week.
Wallyworld your wisteria is growing great thank you for the photo. May you and Mr.WW get to spend some physical time with your grandchildren before to many more months pass .
Icefisher-45 hope all is good with you,your wife and Mr.Dickens.
OldSailor hope you are having less humid weather so it is not so taxing on you to work in your garden.

Have a Good night, keep it up with the Covid-19 safety practices.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19884 on: Jun 14, 2020, 08:41 PM »

Dave that portable garage at the Cabin ? No, guess not LOL

In town. ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19885 on: Jun 15, 2020, 05:08 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

64 heading close to 80 later on. The heat, and wind will be the story this week.

Just a quick Hello! The girls will be pulling out in a couple of hours as they head north to begin their trip. Yesterday was a busy one as they were getting everything lined up and packed. If time would have allowed I think they would have rescheduled for a different week do to the dang winds and storms promised this week but it would have been 1 1/2 months before they would have had another chance to go.

mr.clean you were right about it being last year when the cabin next to theirs that had the fire causing power outages for everyone. I was thinking it was 2 years ago but they told me it was last year.

I did pick up a tree job yesterday, I will do that tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19886 on: Jun 15, 2020, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......sorry to hear MrsIFF's condition hasn't improved  :'(   hope the docs can get her back on her feet soon  :)

WS....Mother Nature can sure mess up vacation plans  >:(  I'm sure MrsWS and company will make the best of it tho  :flex: :thumbsup:  safe travels to them  ;)

Eddie.....hope you had a restful day yesterday  @)

MrC....watching the news has become a chore lately  :pinch: 

IW.....hope you had fun at Emma's party  :thumbsup:

TT.....glad you got the roof finished, hope the house washing is going well  :flex:  sounds like your Mom had a green thumb to go with her love of flowers  :)

H2L....way to go helping out in the "bakery"  :bow: :clap:  hope the kids enjoy the parade  ;D

CapJ.....glad to hear everyone is staying well  :clap:  good luck with the house sale  :)

Got the lawn taken care of again yesterday  :flex: :thumbsup:  taking the bike in for inspection this morning, might get a ride in later  ;)2

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19887 on: Jun 15, 2020, 05:45 AM »
Good Morning WS  ER's  hope the girls have a great trip. Another tree job slow down   IFF hope your better half has a good Dr. Visit.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19888 on: Jun 15, 2020, 05:46 AM »
44* and sunny.
Capt. Jim, the wife has as said many times, lets sell the house and get something smaller. Then she says, "I don't think we could handle the move." No way we could pack up and move. We will be down to the "big city" on Tuesday.

TT, glad the party went off well. It has been a strange Spring.

Mr. Clean, Lindsay is school counselor at a BOCES.

Not much planned for today. We have to leave pretty early in the morning for NYC. Have to find a book to read as I can't go in and I am NOT going for a ride around the city.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19889 on: Jun 15, 2020, 09:24 AM »
Heard this morning Georgia's rona has gone up 4 days in a row, along with other states, think its about to happen here too.  With Mrs needing help hand and foot, and everything in between, I put in for a leave at work.  May never be going back, got a feeling the operations manager was relieved to hear that.

Now thinking that last fall, might have a fractured hip or tailbone,  X ray could be on tape for sometime today.

Weather might be stable for the next 10 days.  That might help things up Marv's way in the way of storms.  have not had an eye on the nations weather forecast for some time now.  Hope the girls vacation is not a total wash.

H2L enjoy the book, I wouldn't want to be riding around the "Big City" either.

Had a little chuckle the other day, Lady wanted to know how much re-roofing to put on to re-coat the RV.  After giving it a little thought, told her enough to do it right ?  ::)  Read the label instructions ?  ::) Let our shop do it ?  ::)  Not sure but think that would come under common sense. 

Time to water all the flowers, and garden, before heading to clinic.

Take care all, and there is still some coffee in the pot.  A fresh brew even.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.