Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1633757 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19830 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:39 AM »
Cooled off decent last night. I need to get the tarp finished fastened down before it heats up as we are due for some high winds and rain from the hurricane over night and tomorrow. After that I plan on power washing some of the house and deck to beat the heat.

Sadly! Two life's were lost to the Lake Michigan surf at Holland over the week end. One woman came to the officers telling they she has not seen her 7 year old son in an hour. Not much of a mother waiting that long and even letting him out in the 5 foot surf to begin with. The other one dove off the pier with his brother getting caught in the under tow. Called rip currents now days. Standers buy saved the one with a life ring but could not reach the other one. Both bodies were recovered yesterday.

Marv Get either some Sawyer tick spray or a cheaper way is to get  permanone (sp) at Tractor supply in bulk. Spray the  clothes you are going to wear where they are going to be a problem. it will last through a  few washings. Do NOT put it on your skin. I have used it since the early  90's and only had one tick on me.

In our travels to pick up the trap  I saw hundreds and hundreds of oaks that I thing have oak wilt. Hardly any leaves on them and they we small.

OS Peppers love the heat! I say YUK!!! to Sanka too.

Eddie Good to see you back. All of the thanks for this thread goes to Raqedacker for starting the thread! What really helped it along is the great people who post on it.
I talked to a contractor friend the other night. While he has been shut down they have been able to build NEW Dollar General stores because they are considered essential. A new store should not be considered essential just because it handles some groceries. All of this while the rest of the contractors starved.
Hopefully the new part arrives still in the box.

WW The wife's knee is doing good. Tomorrow she has a appointment about the swelling she has in one leg from a jerk PA over doing taking some keloids off of it. Damaged nerve endings. I had her in the ER Sunday for problems swallowing and pain in her esophagus. Stupid nurse tried to make it into a heart problem. She gets her esophagus scoped next week.

Good to see some of you are catching  fish instead of a skunk.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19831 on: Jun 09, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Bud if you're on Facebook join this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/fishing4sale/.
I have seen a lot of decent deals on used motors. Might be worth it even if you have to go get it or have it shipped.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19832 on: Jun 09, 2020, 09:11 PM »
Thanks Dave, I'll check it out.

Hope things are getting better up your way.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19833 on: Jun 09, 2020, 10:24 PM »
Good evening day started out nice then heat and humidity moved in i have my AC running as I type. Weather guessers say next two days will be hot and muggy with thunder storms in some parts of South Eastern NY. If the forecast is correct most of NY. will see rain and thunderstorms tomorrow some with hail. Sad news of out city of Newburgh big street fight Monday night left has left two people with stabbing wounds one in critical condition at hospital.The news report did not say if fight was connected to any protest.
IFF  the rocky mountain states see some crazy weather as you say was visiting my relatives in Casper,WY. during June and they were calling for snow in Parts of Yellowstone National Park.
Ice Wanderer I know the Lake George area depends heavily on tourist dollars hope it does not see an increase in Covid-19 cases as Summer crowds come to the area. Good to read your leg is feeling better.
Whopper Stopper ,Sanka was a very popular instant coffee at one time especially the decaff. version. I will let all of you debate which coffee blend is the best tasting I have never cared for the taste will stick to tea. Did you start pressure washing your house or decide to wait for cooler weather.
Wallyworld some medical experts are saying Summer's heat will help keep new cases of Corona virus down and the fall will be the true test of how all the safety measures worked and if we moved to quickly in returning to "normal" . Do you think the increase in temperature is affecting the walleye bite.
Eddie I got a chuckle from your steering shaft delivery story. You think someone would have noticed the box felt lighter then it should before it got put on a truck and delivered. may funding be approved so you and your crew can get back to work.
Hunts2long guess your wife is doing her part to support your daughter Amber and her coworkers.
OldSailor as Mr.Turkey posted  Pepper plants seem to tolerate heat and humidity better the many other plants.
Tomturkey sad to hear of the deaths on lake Michigan I can see a young child struggling to get out of a rip current/under toe and back to shore. I hope some of the oak trees you saw make a come back and survive the oak wilt. May your wife regain some the nerves in her leg and esophagus scope not show any major health problem.
Drifter may you be on the road back to good health. May your dad and others at his facility be Covid-19 free.

May you all have a good night. Prayer said that all in the path of severe weather over the next couple of days come through with no major problems.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19834 on: Jun 10, 2020, 04:33 AM »
Good morning ER's,
         It's 55* and clear here on my hill, thunderstorms is the weather word of the day.
          Eddie.......I'm sure you are not the first to get an empty box but it does make you wonder how it happens.
          Marv........I hope you can finished the house washing today, stay cool and hydrated.
           Syeve......I don't understand how an area can be sage that quickly to allow all the tourist allowed to come in?
          Tom.........Sorry to hear about the two that lost their lives to the lake. I hope that mother gets some sort of reprimand for letting her 5 year old go out.
           Today I have a Dr. appointment to Keck out my leg and hand. I think today I might get the bandage off my hand and a referral to a therapist. My leg still gives me some discomfort not really pain.  I did a lot of walking yesterday. I went to a friend's to pick up some cages for my wife's tomato plants.
             I hope everyone had a good Wednesday either st work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19835 on: Jun 10, 2020, 05:06 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

63 with a high of only 68 and winds with gusts to 30mph. All the rain they were guessing was "a swing and a miss". They were talking 2 days of rain with up to 5", my slab by the garage was wet ???

IW Best of luck at the Dr. I bet you are ready to get the bandage off, good luck :thumbsup:

TT Thanks for the tick spray tip, I will check it out.

WW hope you were able to get your errands in. Have a good day over there :thumbsup:

Eddie how is little Ryan doing these days?

For the record I drink "Eight O'Clock" coffee. But in the lean years I drank my share of Sanka :roflmao:

Yesterday I spent 7 hours pressure washing the house. I bought an 18" telescoping wand last year and it worked great. The only down side was holding it up fully extended and contending with the recoil from the sprayers pressure. It was still much better than doing it off a ladder like last time. I was able to get everything done except 1/2 of one side when I ran out of wash. I went into Menard's last night and picked up another gallon, if the wind isn't too crazy I will try and finish this morning. 

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19836 on: Jun 10, 2020, 05:33 AM »
Morning all,

IW......best wishes for a good visit at the doc's today ;)2  don't see how we can go from being locked down to wide open so quickly  :blink:  guess we'll find out if it was safe in a few weeks  :-\

WS.....dang that's a LONG day behind the wand  :o  hope the back and shoulders aren't too sore today  :flex: 

TT.....good to hear MrsTT's knee is finally feeling better  :thumbsup:  sorry she's having other problems  :(  hope the scope finds some answers  ;) 

Eddie.....never thought about you being under the state budget  :pinch:  can't imagine Uncle Andy will let work stop for much longer at his home away from home  ;)

MrC.....not sure about the bite  :unsure:  should have been perfect conditions, west wind with a medium chop, cooler temps, partly cloudy guess we just couldn't figure out what color/size/speed/depth was the preferred combination of the day  ::)

H2L.....glad you found some fish willing to bite  :clap:  water on Oneida was 65* down about 6* from last week  :-\

Never got to the store or deck yesterday, decided it was time to REALLY clean the boat, so spent all day on that project  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:  she shines like brand new inside and out  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19837 on: Jun 10, 2020, 06:12 AM »
60* and sunny. Going to be a warm one.

IW, good luck with the Dr's appt.

WW, good job on the boat. I have talked to 3/4 fishermen and they are all having trouble catching walleyes. One did say he has marked a lot but can't catch any of them. I also took a ride over to the Town of Day launch to check it out. That is down closer to the dam. Haven't fished there in years. It looks OK, if the wind isn't out of the south or north. It is a 13 mile drive or a 13+ mile boat ride. I would drive.

Wife got me a cell phone. It came yesterday. Thinks I should have one when out on the lake. It is just a basic flip phone. Now I have to drive to where there is service to see if I can figure it out. I do know there is service out on the lake, if wasn't going to be so hot I could go fishing.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19838 on: Jun 10, 2020, 10:59 AM »

Saw this peanut darting around the shed. Sorry for the crummy picture it wouldn't stand still lol

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19839 on: Jun 10, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's   IW good luck at the Dr. appointment today. WW the boat looks awesome. Eddie hope your part comes soon as well as back to work safely. Bud hope Drifters find goes smooth he does have a knack for finding great deals. WS I had one of those a year or 2 older giving me the sneeze/grunt sound a couple nights ago not sure guessing others were rolling through and a warning to them or something. The fox has been nosing around here lately again it missed the day all the chickens were running free. I put one more spray coat on maybe tomorrow the little jon will be up on my car rack ready for action. Have a good day all.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19840 on: Jun 10, 2020, 04:31 PM »
Good news everyone!!!
COVID is defeated!!!
Went into the grocery store today and didn't see a single person wearing a mask!!!  ::)
Other than me of course. I kinda stood out.  :unsure:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19841 on: Jun 10, 2020, 09:41 PM »
Good evening heat and humidity still here may see a thunder storm before the day ends  weather guessers say chance of thunderstorms is greater tomorrow. I checked the local daily newspaper's website not much additional information on the stabbings in Newburgh. Like other states across our nation NY. is looking to make changes in how police departments function our legislature passed a bunch of bills which the Governor signed among the changes police officer's disciplinary records will be available to the public. Also State Police will wear body cameras starting in April 2021.
Ice Wanderer our state like the country is doing a balancing act between public safety/health and the economy. Like you I have concerns as we return to what was considered normal life before the pandemic.Hope your now free of the hand bandage and ready to start rehab program.
Whopper Stopper may your arms and shoulders not be to sore after all the pressure washing. Thank you for the photo of the fawn there must be enough other forage in my neighborhood have not seen any does and their fawns feeding on the foliage here at my complex.
Wallyworld guess that is why we call it fishing and not catching. The boat like nice all cleaned up.
Hunts2long may the cell phone give your wife some comfort  hopefully she can reach you if their ever is some type of emergency.
Old Goat may your repairs hold and your boat stay dry on your next rip.
Drifter glad you still have a sense of humor after dealing with illness for all these months. I see folks here with and without masks some wearing masks leave their nose exposed. Watching the news earlier some doctor from Harvard University thinks the U.S. will see two hundred thousand deaths from the virus by September. We are slightly over one hundred thousand deaths at this time .

Everyone keep up the Covid-19 safety measures know we all want to get back to "normal" life but we don't need to see an increase of new infections.
Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19842 on: Jun 10, 2020, 10:51 PM »
Finally some really good news.
My dock survived breakup!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Neighbours went up the lake after work today and checked things out.
Their dock didn't fare as well. They really need to build a proper one.
They have had a temporary one for several years now.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19843 on: Jun 11, 2020, 05:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Raining and 68 this am, thunderstorms expected to roll through soon, high of 82 today.

Jeff...hope your appointment went well yesterday and everything is looking good!  :thumbsup:
  Dave...great news on the dock surviving, some awesome pictures!  :clap:    There’s a small gas station/mini mart not far from me here...they seem to be Covid free as well, nobody seems to be wearing masks. I don’t buy anything there other than gas.
  Steve...listening to the news, it seems some city’s not only want to restrict funding to the police, they want to abolish them. Wonder who they think  would answer the call when they need help?  :cookoo: 
  OG...good luck with the little Jon, keep us posted on your trip!  :thumbsup:
  Marv... thanks for sharing the picture, gotta love the Bambi’s!    :clap:   Ryan is doing well, haven’t seen him or much of the family for awhile now, but all seem to be doing well.   :thumbsup:
  H2...good going on the cell phone! Nothing wrong with a flip phone, they work great and the batteries seem to hold a charge forever!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the boat looks awesome, beautiful job!   :clap:

The teleconference went really well yesterday, the best news we’ve heard since this whole pandemic started. Resident test results came back 98% negative, 4 residents testing positive have been found to be a symptomatic. Staff testing twice per week also showed a very high number of negative results. Things are looking better finally.   :thumbsup: 
  Still haven’t received my steering shaft yet, lol, should be here this am.    Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19844 on: Jun 11, 2020, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

WS......cute little bugger, thanks for sharing the pic  :thumbsup:  lots of does around here but haven't seen any fawns yet  :-\

Eddie......GREAT news on the nursing home test results  :clap: :thumbsup:  hopefully at some point visitation is allowed again  ;)

Drifter.....glad the dock survived  :clap:  lots of variation in mask wearing around here, expect to be seeing fewer and fewer around as the days progress  :blink:

IW.....hope things went well yesterday and your hand is free once again  ;)

TT.....the wisteria I planted last year is loving this hot weather, loaded with blossoms  :clap:

MrC.....can't imagine what "community policing" would look like  :wacko: watch for the gun/ammo sales to increase  :-\

OG.....fingers crossed you don't get wet feet on the maiden voyage  ;D

H2L.....hope you got the new phone figured out, good idea to have a means of communication if things go haywire on the water/road  ;)2

Did the grocery store trip yesterday, from the total bill it seems prices have increased quite a bit  ::)  at least MOST of the shelves are pretty well stocked now  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19845 on: Jun 11, 2020, 06:09 AM »
71* and much needed rain.
Mr. C, not so much worry about the wife, it is her about me out alone in the boat. About the only time I would carry it, is when fishing.
Drifter, nice pictures of the cabin, that is quite the hill you have to carry everything up.
Eddie, good news on the teleconference.

Glad to hear that "19" is over as we have an appt. in NYC on Tuesday. Wife got a 2 page instruction sheet last night with our "orders". I can't go in, must wait in the car or, is it guard the car. It has been over 6 months since the Dr. has seen her and they say it won't take long.

Planning on fishing on Friday. I have made up my mind, not to fish any of my spots and to try new areas. We will see how that works out.

Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19846 on: Jun 11, 2020, 06:57 AM »
I only were a mask when it is required. With my great immune system I am not gong to rebreathe the carbon dioxide over and over.

The NP that my wife saw yesterday was the most informative person I have ever heard. The wife will be traveling to the city twice a week for therapy for her lymphedema in her leg's as normal therapists are not trained in how to do the therapy properly.

We got home just as the storms hit yesterday. She got soaked getting the 10 feet back in the car from the credit union. Lots of damage all over the state from the high straight line winds and rain.

Drifter is good to see you dock survived. Hopefully the  barrels under you neighbors dock do not leak when they pull it off of the bed rock.

ww My wisteria was pulled out of a ditch back in the early 90's in VA. It is surprising it has survived being transplanting it several times. When we were  working on my rood we found a few small wisteria growing in the  lilies of the valley that  grow along the house. They are survivors from one of the ones I transplanted the same time I did the one that survived. That one had not made it but still send up shoots.

Time to get moving. I am headed over to the other place to get the roof sealed up.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19847 on: Jun 11, 2020, 07:05 AM »
Good morning folks, 59 and sunny today. Glad to read that many worries here are becoming a thing of the past. That fawn sure is cute. The garden here is doing well. All things growing good except Broccoli. Had to pull all 18 plants. First time ever i never got heads. It went straight to flower. Weird. I went to the doctor yesterday. BP was high so my doctor switched medicine on me. Will have to go back in a couple weeks. To see if its working. The doctor was not happy about the Corvid weight i have put on. says that is probably most of the issue with my BP. So work to do on my end. But i like to eat and with work being nonexistent to this point. Sitting has become the new norm.  Then we have to find a new doctor as this one is leaving. This will be the second time in a year for us to have to find a new one. Finally got a work call. Will go look at the job tomorrow. Approximately 35 miles away, one way. Not happy about that. But it is what it is. Hope everyone has a great day.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19848 on: Jun 11, 2020, 09:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               I started to post while at the Nissen dealer getting my wife's car fixed, a chipmunk got ion to the fan motor and died, stinks.
                       it was raining earlier but now the sun is out, a little humid.
                               Dave........I'm glad your dock survived the ice out, but sorry for your neighbor.
                               Eddie........I can't believe how complacent people are about the Covid, I hope it doesn't cause a spike in new cases.
                               Marv.........A cute little bugger you got running around.
                               Wally.........I think we're going to see some high prices for a while, the big companies don't care about us little guys, they just look
                       at how much can they make off a bad situation. Your wisteria looks nice.
                                Tom..........I'm glad to read that your wife will get in to a good therapist for her type of condition.
                                Yesterday's appointment went well, the Dr. took off my bandage and pulled the gause strip off my leg. My hand is still quite swollen
                       but I can almost touch my thumb to my index finger. I  have a long way to go. I'd post pictures but don't want to gross anyone out. A friend
                       described it as knarley looking.
                                 I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out, Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19849 on: Jun 11, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Season debut of Alone on tonight.
Another season filmed on Great Slave Lake.
Maybe this time someone will know how to fish!!!  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19850 on: Jun 11, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Good evening like Ice Wanderer received rain earlier temperature and humidity now dropping supposed to be nice through the weekend with highs in the mid seventies and dew points in the fifties. Besides the season start of Alone tonight also on the history channel just be Alone is the series Mountain Men. If anyone would like to see some of Ice Wanderer's section of NY. on Food Network in the same time slot as Alone (10 PM) EST is series called Summer Rush follows two restaurants in the Lake George area.
Drifter glad your dock survived the melting ice  may your neighbor's dock not to badly damaged.
Eddie happy to read news was good at teleconference. :clap: My personal opinion many people want to see quick and major changes in how police departments function I don't think any town,city,village will get rid of their police department. There was already one senator  on the news saying the state will likely have to revisit and make changes to the new laws legislature just passed.
Wallyworld your wisteria must be planted in the right spot it looks great.  I may be wrong but think one of the shooting of a black man during President Obama's time in office was done by a community police force member. (Travon Martin case)  Once again just my humble opinion but it seems every time we have a major problem in this country some politicians are quick to act hoping to claim the public and make it able for them to say they took some action on the problem. This will be even more true with this being an election year. There will be no quick any easy fix for Corona virus or the racial tensions in the U.S.  we need to solve both but quickly passing new laws will not solve racial tensions problems we need to change many peoples attitudes towards others of a different skin color, race,ethnicity,etc. .
Hunts2long i need to word my reply's better your words about the cell phone was what I was trying to convey. They currently are saying next Tuesday's weather will be good for your trip Hope your wife has a good check up and no problems after meeting with her doctors.
Tom Turkey glad you found a good NP to do the therapy on your wife.
UFCreel Sorry to read you will be searching yet again for a doctor. May you be able to lower your blood pressure and loose some weight. May the possible job come through so you can get back to work.
Ice Wanderer may the chipmunk damage to your wife's car not be to costly of a repair. happy to hear you are healing well. :clap: :thumbsup:

A pleasant night to everyone. Best to all with fishing plans.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19851 on: Jun 12, 2020, 04:45 AM »
Good morning Everyone :bow:

62 heading close to 80 later today.

Just a quick Hello as I get ready to head to the lake.

Last night the s-i-l said she would like to go fishing today, so I told her I would go. Not sure where or for what, I told her she had to decide.

The girls are closing the "Office" next week and are taking their annual 1 week vacation up north. They want me to bring the boat and join up for a day or so, haven't decided yet if I will.

Yesterday was mowing day and it took most of the day being I waited for things to dry out first.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning IW! Glad to read your hand is mending well :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19852 on: Jun 12, 2020, 04:48 AM »
Good morning ER's,
           It's 54* and clear here on my hill with a high in the 70's.
            Steve.........I see where you are coming from, it is to bad the people can t just get along. It has come out that the Minneapolis cop had previous interactions with Mr. Floyd, but it has started racial unrest. We need the police departments bit there has to be some kind of way to weed out cops with bad intentions.
             Eddie..........I'm glad to.read that the teleconference call went well and that your mother is well. Hopefully you will be able to visit her soon.
              H2l...........I hope you have a good day on the water, trying new spots is good, you might find the honeyhole you are looking for.
               Wally.......I hope you and Mr. WW
get out today before the weekend rush.
                Marv.......What's on your agenda today.
                 UFCreel...I hope you can get back to work to help you reduce some weight and help your BP lower.
                  The car repair was about $230 but then we had the scheduled service done and one other extra a cabin filter. We pick up her car this morning.
I got the lawn mowed yesterday, I even started the mower by myself.
                  Today Magic Mike mile is coming over to help put up some fencing around my wife's garden.
I see Marv posted while typing, have a good day on the water.
                  I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19853 on: Jun 12, 2020, 05:14 AM »
52* and foggy.
Hope everyone has a good day on the water.
Be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19854 on: Jun 12, 2020, 06:05 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  What a beautiful morning...58 at the moment with dew point in the 40’s, high of 74 today...refreshing!

Jeff...glad the car is all ready and no other major issues found. Hope the garden work goes well, will be a nice day to be outside today for sure!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...best of luck to you and your SIL today, hope the bite is on!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...our Governor seems to have a way of streamlining things on occasion, lol. Hopefully the tension between the police and the public will simmer down sooner than later.   :thumbsup:
  UFC...hope the job panned out for you yesterday! Hope finding a new Dr. goes well, best of luck with that and getting the BP down.   :thumbsup:
  Dave...lost the history channel and a few others when my cable company pulled one of their foolish moves...will look into watching Alone on the computer in the near future..thanks for the heads up.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad to hear the new NP is working out well for your wife, excellent!  Hope the roof repair went well.   :thumbsup:
  H2...best of luck with the new fishing grounds today, hope they payoff for you!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the wisteria looks great!  :clap:    Did your garden start perking up again after the heat/humidity/rain?

Well, the steering shaft arrived around 10am yesterday...all in and ready for action again.
  My garden is doing pretty good, have had another problem with slugs again....beer traps have been doing a decent job keeping them in check, coffee grinds and crushed egg shells around the plants seem to be working also.
  Time to get ready for today’s events...Cawfee’s on.
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19855 on: Jun 12, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....good luck today, hope you land some trophies  :flex:  you should definitely join the "office crew" next week  :thumbsup:

H2L.....good luck to you also, hope the new spots work out  ;)2  hope Tuesday's trip goes well  ;)

Eddie.....glad you finally received  the part you needed  :clap:  good to hear your garden's thriving  :thumbsup:

IW.....rodents sure do cause a lot of problems, seems it's a constant battle to keep mice/squirrels out of things  :wacko:

MrC.....agree that passing a bunch of new laws quickly is NOT going to solve the problem, nor is trying to erase the countries history :-\   enjoy the visit from "Les"  ;D 

UFC....fingers crossed the new job worked out  ;)  good luck with the bp/weight loss  :flex:

Not much going on here again, just a few little projects around the house :)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19856 on: Jun 12, 2020, 09:43 PM »
Looks like I will have a project,  ::) ....when I find time,  :whistle: 6hp Johnson needs an impeller. At least if I have it ready to go I can get around some.

Rain that popped up missed watering the garden :(  oh well maybe next time.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19857 on: Jun 12, 2020, 10:13 PM »
 Good evening enjoying the lower humidity and temperatures weather guessers say by Father's day weekend my area will be back to the high eighties. I watched the Summer Rush program on Food Network last night it follows a family that owns three restaurants in the Lake George,NY. area and how important the Summer business is to their survival and lively hood. Don't think I watch every week much of the show is similar to other programs on food network.
Whopper Stopper hope your SIL and you had a good day on the water. May the Girls have a good vacation, was this vacation last year the one with a fire at their hotel?
Ice Wanderer  looks like Magic Mike is returning the favor for all your help with his cabin build. Good to read car repair was not to expensive.
Hunts2long hope you found some new honey holes on today's fishing trip.
Eddie if you look at the most recent page of the Gardens thread over on My Fish Finder Rgfixit mentions two products he uses to control slugs in his garden. May your tractor preform like new with the replace steering shaft.
Wallyworld  we should learn from our country's history not try and remove items related to it i see some places what to remove statues of Christoper Columbus claiming his discovery of North America lead to mistreatment of native Americans.
Icefisher-45,Capt. Jim it has been a while since we have heard from either of you may all be good with you and your families.
IFF all the best with repairing the outboard. may you see some rain for your garden.

Almost forgot there will be some traffic changes in my area tomorrow President Trump is coming to the U.S.M.A./West Point to give address at graduation ceremony.
Have a good night and weekend. best to all with fishing trips planed.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19858 on: Jun 13, 2020, 03:09 AM »
Good Morning ER's 56* here. Coffee is ready have at it. Hope all are well. I ordered my state park sticker should be here in a week. Good Luck to those heading out on the water this weekend.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19859 on: Jun 13, 2020, 04:18 AM »
Good morning ER's,
           It's 44* and clear here on my hill.
           Steve.......I heard about the show but have not seen it yet. They aren't the only business that needs the summer tourist to make a living here or anywhere else in the country. This pandemic has  been hard on a lot of people. It just shows how vulnerable we are.
            Eddie.......I'm glad you got your steering arm and is in ready to go.
             Marv.......How did the fishing go with Jen.
              Wally......I hope you got some products done.
              Good morning OG.
              H2l.........How did you new spots work out, did the wind blow you off the lake?
              Buf.........I hope you can get time to fix the 6hp.
               Magic Mike and I got the fence up for my wife's garden, only took an hour. Now it's safer from deer intrusion.
              Not much going on today, my #2 son's father in law is going to give me a hair cut this afternoon. Everyone says I need one.lol
               I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.