Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612558 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19770 on: Jun 04, 2020, 04:59 AM »
56* and foggy but it is going to be a nice day.

Rocky came home on Monday and from what Lindsay said he is doing better. She is bringing him up this morning as she and I are going out to see if the walleyes are hungry.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19771 on: Jun 04, 2020, 05:19 AM »
Good morning ER's,
           It's 55* and very clear hetevon my hill. A high near 80* today.
           Marv/Wally/h2l ....I hope you all have a productive day out. I'm glad Rocky is doing well. When You're out fishing hair isn't important to the fish. Lol
           The Dr. was happy with the way everything looked. My skin was very pink, good blood flow to all areas. They took the bandage off of my donor skin graft site to let it air and scab over. Just imagine a real bad road rash burn, that's how it feels.
            Steve.......Looks like most protest are going peacefully just a few who are trying to antagonize people in to violence.
             Not much going on for me just hanging around and healing, I can't get my donor area wet or dirty.
             Eddie.......My thoughts to you and your family, I hope all is well.
             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19772 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:53 AM »
Good Morning ER's  IW glad your healing is going well. Good luck WS on the muskie hunt. Good luck to WW and H2L on the walleye. I was out this morning and did see some walleye. They came in close sniffed and turned down my spikes. I did catch crappie and rock bass. There were perch near to but they were skittish. A nice hour and a half to start the day. The sun started coming up and it all stopped. Maybe tonight with some more meat. I too am worried about the mason.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19773 on: Jun 04, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Hi ER's!!  I went to the barbers and when the girl asked how I would like it, I said GONE!!! I got a high and tight to replace my Corona hair!!! Eddie, how about a short line or two to update us on your goings on!! Everyone stay healthy and STFAH!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19774 on: Jun 04, 2020, 05:02 PM »
 ::)  ::)  ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19775 on: Jun 04, 2020, 08:23 PM »
Good evening the warm weather that was out IFF's and Whopper Stopper's way has arrived here in the Mid Hudson Valley of NY. close to ninety in some spots today along with increased humidity and haze. Weather guessers say it will be in the upper to mid. eighties next two days with chance of thunderstorms each day. A few protests around my area of NY. so far all peaceful have not heard of any looting or property damage. A large outlet mall south of me has increased security and asked for more frequent police patrols over concerns of looting. A little excitement here at the complex today we were without electric power for a little over two hours I'm not sure of the cause assuming maybe a blown transformer on a pole or traffic accident.
Wallyworld hope the walleyes were more cooperative then the trout on today's fishing trip. I have to remember not everyone waits as long as me to get their haircut I go about every two to three months so always a big change befroe and after visit in my hair length. Hope your got a discounted price only getting a trim.
Whopper Stopper may you have fought a musky or two today or at least seen one follow your lure.
Hunts2long good to hear Rocky is home and doing better. May Lindsay and you have had a good day on the water.
Ice Wanderer happy to read the skin graft appears to have taken hold. It does appear that there has been less looting,property damage and police-protester confrontations the past couple of nights across our nation.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Old Goat if you got back out this evening may the walleyes and perch found your bait and lure offerings more appealing.
OldSailor your cat may not recognize you with the new haircut. ;D :whistle:
Drifter as they say "What a difference a year makes" are the "Ice Roads" still open and anyone still ice fishing. Hope your health has improve and your dad is in good health.
Eddie may you get a chance to post soon we all miss you. Hope your mom is doing well along with you and the family.
Icefisher-45,Capt.Jim may all be good with you and your families.

A safe night to all. May things stay peaceful here in the U.S.  Best to all with fishing plans.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19776 on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:03 PM »

Drifter as they say "What a difference a year makes" are the "Ice Roads" still open and anyone still ice fishing. Hope your health has improve and your dad is in good health.

Ice roads have been closed for a while. Ice is way too sketchy to be on.
Any current areas will be deadly. Had a full day of rain earlier this week that will have softened things up too.

Kind of glad it's still so iced up as 12 of the next 14 days are calling for East winds and that would push the ice into my place and completely trash the dock.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19777 on: Jun 05, 2020, 04:22 AM »
Good morning ER"s
            It's 65* and mostly cloudy here on my hill.
            Dave.......I hope the ice won't take out your dock, that's always a problem here when ice goes out.
             OG.........A few crappie are better than the striped kitty. Lol
              Steve.....It seems that there are domestic terrorist infiltrating the protest egging on the voilence. It has turned political not ideological.
               Marv/Wally& H2l ....Waiting to hear how you made put yesterday.
               Last night I was able to get in the shower for the first time since my last surgery, that felt good. Sponge baths doesn't seem to excite me.
               My wife's son and granddaughter are visiting this weekend.
               I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19778 on: Jun 05, 2020, 04:44 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Some rain last night. Currently 61 heading into the 80's by this afternoon.

IW sounds like a good time heading your way, enjoy the company :thumbsup:

Yesterday was a good time. The s-i-l took the day off last minute and she joined me fishing. By the end of the day we caught bass, and 4-5 n pike. We saw 3 muskies with 1 grabbing the s-i-l's bucktail. She had it on for about 10 seconds before it got off. The other one was a lazy a follow, the last one was just swimming by. All of them were small, mid 30's fun anyway.

I am going to head back in a little while and give it another try.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19779 on: Jun 05, 2020, 05:57 AM »
Morning all,

IW....glad the hand is healing well  :clap:  agree sponge baths just don't cut it  :nono:  enjoy your visitors  :)

WS.....congrats on a good outing yesterday  :thumbsup: :flex:   hope today's trip is even better  ;)2

OG.....hope the evening bite turned on for you  ;)

MrC.....heat and humidity also arrived in the CNY area again  ::)  cool off coming this weekend  @)

H2L......glad Rocky's back home  :clap:  hope you and Lindsay had a good day yesterday  ;)

OS.....amazing how exciting a haircut has become  :roflmao: 

IFF.....fingers crossed MrsIFF is recovering well and you have remained healthy  :)

Had a decent day yesterday, landed legal 5 eyes, a few short ones, a couple white perch  :thumbsup:  lost 1 nice eye right at the boat   :'(

lake was calm and boy did it get HOT by mid morning  :o  surface water temp was 71* at 2:00 when we packed up

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19780 on: Jun 05, 2020, 07:17 AM »
First off. I hope all is well with Eddie and his family. Hopefully they let Best Buy open up so he can get his tablet fixed.

I got the front yard finished yesterday. It took me two days with the heat. The back yard and old dog run are the plan for today. I zip tied the short fence to the other fence so maybe it will keep the destructive pup from getting in and destroying the ground cover around my blue berries.

In my travels I have seen a lot of oak trees that have not leafed out yet. Hopefully it is not because of oak wilt. I have not had any of my white oak hit on my property yet.

ww. That looks like some good eating walleyes!

marv Hopefully one of these days you can get one of those musky into the boat. One of the lakes I have fished was full of big muskies. My grandfather told my dad of guys falling out of their boats trying to land them. A few lost their life's. One time on that lake when we were shooting carp and gar there was a spot that was full of northerns on their beds spawning. Quite a sight to see. I caught a few nice pike out of the lake trolling white flat fish with red dots. I still have that flat fish with a lot of teeth marks on it.

IW It is good to here that you are healing well. I know how it feels to finally get in the shower. I have gone with sponge baths a few times when I had some minor surgeries.

Drifter Hopefully the lake stays iced over so your dock does not get damaged. Have you flown out to get the needed test done yet?

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19781 on: Jun 05, 2020, 07:41 AM »
66* and a few clouds this morning.

IW, good to hear that all is going well with the hand.

WW, sounds like a pretty good fishing trip. It sure did get warm during the day. We had a pretty good breeze most of the time we were out. Lindsay didn't bring us any luck. I had ONE hit and that was real light. Water temp was 60 when we went out and warmed to 66 during the day. Two skunks in one week, people are going to start talking.

The wife and Amber took Scout and Rocky for a ride while we were out "for our boat ride". Rocky is starting to become himself again.

Have a good day and be well.....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19782 on: Jun 05, 2020, 08:02 AM »

Lindsay did get this "goldfish" yesterday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19783 on: Jun 05, 2020, 08:42 AM »
Lol  ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19784 on: Jun 05, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Drifter Hopefully the lake stays iced over so your dock does not get damaged. Have you flown out to get the needed test done yet?

Got the call yesterday.
Tests are over 2 days later this month.
Flying out on the 24th and back on the 26th by the looks of things.
Will find out for sure once they book the flight.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19785 on: Jun 05, 2020, 11:05 AM »
Drifter That is good to here. Hopefully they can find out what was the cause of your health problems.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19786 on: Jun 05, 2020, 11:27 AM »
Drifter That is good to here. Hopefully they can find out what was the cause of your health problems.

Pretty sure it's complications from COVID-19.  :'(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19787 on: Jun 05, 2020, 11:30 AM »
There is some good news though.
They are fixing the boat launch on my lake.
Repaired the original dock and adding a second one.
Hopefully they expand the parking too.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #19788 on: Jun 05, 2020, 12:38 PM »
Good afternoon 945ers.well got some antibiotics and feeling about 50% better.i went for a little car ride yesterday because the town was having citywide garage sales.but when I got there it was a cluster fack and very few sales but the amount of people was 10 fold.30 to 40 people at each sale with not a single mask.kids running all over.between that and the sun baking me and still not feeling right i left without going to a single sale.ive found enough treasures through the years to miss this year.i noticed they were the same houses with same stuff anyways.not worth the covid19.but i was shocked that there was no social distancing or masks going on and its not like the virus is gone at all.i would like to sneak of to the river Saturday evening and just reflect on life but theres a catfishing tournament going on.everyone on here injured or not feeling well i hope for speedy recoveries.drifter dave im am very curious if it was covid the whole time...youve been ill for some time now.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19789 on: Jun 05, 2020, 07:53 PM »
Not looking forward to being out tomorrow.  90 today, tomorrow is calling for 92, stormy, winds 10 to 45.  The tomatoes love the heat, really bursting out.  The crew gets a good laugh when they see me wearing a "In Training" badge  ;D  Have to get new numbers to access the computers/registers.

phone rang a little ago, caller ID says Zimbabwe......but they hung up real quick, must have got an alert on their end that they showed on caller ID  :o ::) :nono:

Dave not much you can do if Mother nature shoves ice at your dock.

Didn't get a chance to see if Marv got the job done on the Musky ??
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19790 on: Jun 05, 2020, 08:56 PM »
Good evening received some rain over night also had another power outage this morning no idea for how long .  Like many of you dealing with hot humid weather and chance of thunderstorms until Sunday.
Drifter thank you for answering my question. Enjoy the new docks on your lake. May your dock not see any ice damage. Have a safe trip later this month may the test find you Corona virus free and give your doctor/doctors info. needed to get you back in good health.
Ice Wanderer good to read you can now take a shower. Have a good time with your visitors. How did things go with the protest in Lake George. Ideology and politics seemed to have crossed paths repeatedly throughout history. when we have some type of turmoil there are groups of people looking for ways to gain an advantage from the turmoil.
Whopper Stopper nice your SIL could join you and you saw and had some musky action. I hope you were able to get one in the boat today.
Wallyworld nice looking walleyes sure the fillets will be enjoyed  the family members. Do you have any type of canopy on the boat to give a little shade.
Hunts2long even though the striped kitty visited sounds like you and Lindsay had a nice day. Good that your wife was able to get out with Amber and the dogs while the two of you were fishing.
Dr.Speckler happy you were able to get the antibiotics. I'm seeing similar in my area folks out enjoying the nice weather and crowding together many with out any type of face covering. I hope we do not see the "second wave of Covid-19 many in the medical field are concerned will happen.
IFF do you also have the humidity many of us are going through currently or just high temperatures. On one visit to my relatives in Casper,WY. it was in the high nineties for a couple days  a dry heat and any sweat taken away by the winds the seem ever present in the Rocky Mountain states. Did Sportsmen's Warehouse upgrade or go to a new computer system that you are back in training .
Tomturkey almost overlooked you smart idea doing yard work in phases during this weather. May your fence work keep Sophie away from the blueberry bushes.

May everyone have a pleasant evening and night.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19791 on: Jun 06, 2020, 05:14 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Looks like a nice day coming our way. We are out the door heading to the shack to mow and check the camera.

Yesterday was dead on the lake. We got off at noon and still had to wait an hour at the landing. Today the lakes will be nuts :cookoo:.

Happy Birthday Old Sailor :thumbsup: Hope you have an awesome day!!

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19792 on: Jun 06, 2020, 05:47 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....Happy birthday sir, enjoy your day  :clap: :thumbsup:

MrC.....hope they figure out the power outage issues, getting too hot to not have fans/ac running  ::)

IW.....fingers crossed the protests in Lake George remained peaceful  ;)  my little town is having a protest/march today  :-\

WS.....sorry the fishing wasn't the greatest yesterday  :(  enjoy the day at the shack  :)

IFF.....assuming you went back to Gander  ???  try to stay cool today  ;)

Doc.....glad the antibiotics are helping  :thumbsup:  best to steer clear of crowds for awhile  ;)2

Drifter....hope the tests give your doc some answers to get you back to 100%  ;)

Did a bike ride yesterday, too hot to be on the water  :blink:  not much planned for today MrWW and the FD are scheduled to assist law enforcement with the protest  :callcops:  hoping all remain peaceful  :unsure:

Have a good day. Stat safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19793 on: Jun 06, 2020, 06:03 AM »
Good morning Marv, ER's,
            It's 62* and mostly sunny chance of T-storms later.
            Marv........Have a good day at the shacl. I hope you have plenty of pictures on the cams.
            Wally.......Lools like you and Mr. WW had a good day. Congrats.
             H2l.........It looks like the weather wss good but sorry the fishing not so good. But It's good to get out anyway.
             Steve......Too much unrest going on over the country, now the protesters want to dismantle the police department, How's that going to work. It would be like the Rolling Stone song Helter- Skelter. I heard that the protest in LG was cancelled,  not certain.
               Dr. Speckller.....I'm glad the antibiotics are helping, good idea  to not participate in the sales, safety forst.
               Dave......You should build a breakwater around your dock. Lol I hope you get some positive results from the tests.
               OS.........Happy Birthday you old salt. Lol
                I have found if I'm up and about a lot my leg where they took the skin from really bothers me, I'm going to try to take it easy from this point forward.
                 I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19794 on: Jun 06, 2020, 06:40 AM »
65* and clear.
OS, hope your Birthday is a Happy one.
Going to be a good weekend not to be on the lake. The big boys are here with their "toys". They will be racing up and down the lake. Talked to one at the gas station yesterday and he told me his boat will do 100mph, another said his will do 128. With the campsite closed the boat launch will be packed.

WS, have fun at the shack.

IW, it is always nice to be out on the lake.

The local Chinese opened for "take out" on Thursday and sold out of everything. They are very nice people and have been closed since the start of the 19.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19795 on: Jun 06, 2020, 09:54 AM »
Morning ER's!! Thanks for the b-day wishes!! Now if I can just quit counting them!! I've moved past the 3/4 century mark. Jeff, old salt is right! I celebrated my 18th birthday in Boot Camp!! ;)2 :flex: I hope everyone has a good weekend and you all stay well and STFAH!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19796 on: Jun 06, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Good Morning ER's  I hear it's OS Birthday congratulations. WW the walleye looked nice. IW easy does it. The state Parks here are going to open soon or already have I can't wait.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19797 on: Jun 06, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Good day partly cloudy sky with light wind heat and humidity still hanging around I hope the weather guessers are correct and tomorrow sees a return to more seasonable temperatures and lower humidity.
Whopper Stopper have a good time at the shack may you trail cameras have footage of animals other then the resident mouse population. Thank you for reminding us of OldSailor's birthday.
Oldsailor Happy Birthday have a great day celebrate in whatever way you can at this time.
Ice Wanderer I agree eliminating police forces or cutting their funding will not solve things no easy or quick solutions for the problems . When and if Lake George has any kind of protest/demonstration may things stay peaceful. Hope your wife's son and granddaughter arrived safely to your home.
Wallyworld may things stay peaceful at your communities protest and Mr.WW and his fellow firemen not be called on to put out any fires or deal with other problems related to the protest. I think the sudeen increase in electric use caused by the heat might be part of the reason for power outages. I will have to see what happens over the next few months. Also have a healthy squirrel population in the area and know at times they cause problems with the power supply.
Hunts2long good to hear of the support for your local Chinese restaurant . May there not be any accident on GSL this weekend as folks flock to the lake to enjoy the Summer like weather.
Old Goat just be ready for crowds when you visit those state parks everyone whats to get out of their homes so parks get mobbed and many people ignore the recommended social distancing and other safety measures to limit the spread of Covid-19.
A few years back after posting that I was having trouble F&W publications annual ice fishing magazine Masoneddie was kind enough to buy a copy of that year's edition and mail it to me did some searching and found his mailing address. I sent him a note in today's mail hopefully after receiving it will will see a post from Eddie or he will contact me and I can relay any message from him to all of you.

Have a good Saturday stay safe . Best to all fishing this weekend.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19798 on: Jun 06, 2020, 11:55 AM »
OS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19799 on: Jun 06, 2020, 01:09 PM »
Hello again I had a brief period of rain shortly after posting the sun is now back out. Just wanted to let everyone know that Cabelas/Bass Pro is doing a live stream from the Grand Old Opry tonight at 7PM central time.
I know we all could use a short break from the current problems in our world. Check Cabelas/Bass Pro's websites for more details.

Drifter nice birthday card.

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.