Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614462 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19710 on: May 27, 2020, 05:53 AM »
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19711 on: May 28, 2020, 05:36 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

63 with a little cooler air moving in.

The big story of course is all the protesting, fires and looting going on, miles and miles  :cookoo:

Let's keep IW in our thoughts today as he is getting set for his surgery this morning.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19712 on: May 28, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Morning all,

IW......thoughts and prayers as you head into surgery, wishing you a speedy recovery  ;)

H2L.....hope you had a good day on the water  :)

OS.....looking forward to some monster walleye pics from Erie  ;)2

Eddie/IFF/F45.....thinking of you and your families, hoping all is good  :)

WS.....crazy stuff going on out there  :blink: :cookoo:

Should have stayed home and mowed yesterday, found OG's kitty waiting, never had a single hit in 7 hours  :'(  kind of figured it would be that way after reading reports from the past few days  :blink:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19713 on: May 28, 2020, 07:01 AM »
64* this morning.
IW, thoughts are with you.
WW, I should have stayed home also. I did catch 3 walleyes (15 to 16") mid afternoon when a breeze came up. Water temp was 74*. Lots of mayflies.
WS, I read of the issues you are having out in Mn. What they are doing is not the answer.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19714 on: May 28, 2020, 07:45 AM »
Good morning folks, All good here. Garden is all in and doing well. Hope everyone is doing good too. Hope all those under the weather or getting medical procedures done come through with flying colors.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19715 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04 AM »
WE are all pulling for you IW. WW sorry to here the striped kitty jumped in the boat. I was on the big bite got cold and didn't go back for 4 days my bad. Eddie hope all is well with you and family. UFC you been out much this year? WS hope the jungle don't get to wild. For those heading out on the water good luck today.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19716 on: May 28, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Evening!! Not a great day for my daughter and I. We had fun and I avoided the stripped kitty by boating a 20" walleye. Lots of sheephead  and white bass. Even caught goby, which must be killed and even snagged zebra mussels!  One gentleman took the jackpot with an 11# walleye!!  :o Stay well and STFAH!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19717 on: May 28, 2020, 09:10 PM »
Good evening cooler today with wind supposed to see rain and thunderstorms at times on Friday. A friendly reminder to my fellow NY.residents keep a watch in your mailbox for the absentee ballot from your respective school district for the 2020-2021 school budget/board members vote. I believe all ballots must be returned before June 9TH. Maintenance work going on here at my condo complex boiler replacement in neighboring building over the past ten or so year a different project has been undertaken each year. The complex is close to sixty years old.
Ice Wanderer hope you are resting comfortably after today's surgery. Prayer said for a good recovery and rehab.
Whopper Stopper prayer for your state understand African-American community's anger but destroying property and looting does not help their cause may cooler heads prevail and future protests stay peaceful.
Old Goat looks like recent changes in the weather across the mid-west and eastern U.S. has affected the fishing. I see your state has experienced a rise in confirmed Covid-19 cases may people start practicing the safety precautions and new case numbers decline.
Wallyworld sorry to read the striped kitty also paid you a visit . May things improve on your next outing.
Hunts2long as I said to Old Goat think the weather changes are affecting fish activity. Glad you were able to bring three walleyes to the boat.
Rebelss thank you for the link to story on Michigan's governor and her husband seems her husband needs to remember he is a public figure and his actions are watched and noted by the public. Hope all is well with you.
UFCreel good to hear your garden is in and growing.
OldSailor I'm sure you had a fun day with your daughter in spite only catching one fish.
Eddie may all be good at your mom's nursing home and with the family.
Capt.Jim,Icefisher-45 hope everything is good with both of you and respective families.
Drifter may you be doing better.

Good health to everyone.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19718 on: May 28, 2020, 09:28 PM »
Got a chance to take the boat landing gear apart, sure enough, rusted.  Got it cleaned up, greased now works like a new one.

I am now an official home nurse,  have to help dress and undress Mrs.  got a walker out so she can get around some.

not much change one way or the other, so just hanging on.

hang in there Jeff.

OS 20's are my favorite eating size.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19719 on: May 29, 2020, 05:11 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

A cooler 55 heading to high 60's later today. The entire weekend should stay cooler and rain free.

I just heard from IW (Jeff), everything went well with his surgery :clap: :clap: He said his leg is sore from where they took some skin but everything went well and looked good with his hand under the circumstances. He has an appointment to go back next week.

OS congratulations on a fun trip with your daughter. :clap:

Bud hang in there with the house duties, glad you are holding up  :clap:

mr.clean none of the destruction makes any sense to me either, they have completely turned into animals. Hopefully with the National Guard on duty they can salvage some of the jungle. Not sure how long this will go on.

Today I am going to get my mop clipped, other then that not sure what direction I will go.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19720 on: May 29, 2020, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....praying the worst is over  :-\  understand the underlying issue but the current level of violence certainly is not going to solve anything   :nono: people that act like wild animals should expect to be treated like wild animals  :%$#!: 

IFF....sorry MrsIFF isn't doing any better yet  :(  glad you were able to rehab the trailer jack  :flex:

IW.....glad to hear the surgery went well  :thumbsup: :clap:  wishing you a speedy recovery  ;)

OS.....congrats on the fish  :clap: :bow:  glad you were able to get out  ;)

H2L.....way to stick with it, glad it payed off with some eyes  :thumbsup: :bow:

MrC.....hope the opening of your region is going well  ;)

Got the lawn under control again yesterday, seems about 4 or 5 days between mowings is the max right now   ::)   rain, damaging winds, hail and possible tornados in today's forecast  :blink: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19721 on: May 29, 2020, 06:48 AM »
71* and muggy.
Lost my first post.
OS, 20" is a nice walleye.
IFF, thoughts are with your wife and you.
IW, good to hear that all went well, take it easy for a day or two.
WW, the is fishing is tough right now that is for sure. Can only get better.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19722 on: May 29, 2020, 07:41 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Nice to hear  surgery went well hope your healing goes well IW. OS nice report and a good time I'm glad I re read your post seems I was reading 11 incher not pounder. WS the jungle is getting busy. Bud way to step up to the plate for your wife. Hope everyone a great day.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19723 on: May 29, 2020, 10:38 AM »
Hi ER's!! It was good to get my 'sea legs' back!! It wasn't very rough, but the early rain was a PITA!! We caught a lot of fish but the only thing that counted to me were legal eyes (15"^). That 11# walleye was a real beauty!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: :flex: ;)2 I slept like a log last night and woke up feeling great and had a big bfast and coffee. Need to mow but there's rain in the area so will wait for dry conditions. Everyone stay well and STFAH!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19724 on: May 29, 2020, 02:41 PM »
Sheeze, WW and OG black and white showed up out here, thought I had a willing first mate for today but backed out.  Same thing happened to Captain 0's boat so we were both solo.  Felt like I needed some fresh air, but could have done without the 92*.  Expecting some rain this afternoon/even, so will need to get the cover back on the boat after getting Mrs to the clinic for more blood work.

see me later.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19725 on: May 29, 2020, 03:21 PM »
That crazy kitty sure does get around 🦨

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19726 on: May 29, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Good day fellow 9:45er's like many of you hot and muggy here weather guess say i might see thunder storms,high winds and maybe hail in a couple of hours (7-8PM) with the rain lasting through the night. My condo's windows face the west so I get the afternoon/early evening sun have the blinds partly closed and the AC on  feels like a Summer day.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the update on Ice Wanderer happy to hear the surgery went well for him. Please send some of that cooler weather East. I watched a couple news videos earlier may tonight be more peaceful for Minneapolis. I see things are getting heated at other protests around the country. Sad there is so much racial tension still in this country.
Wallyworld the weather this Spring has lawns and plants,trees growing like crazy. Hope you do not see to severe weather today.
Hunts2long may the humidity lower along with temperature these conditions are not the best for your wife.
OldSailor happy to read you and your daughter caught a good number of fish just not the species and size needed to be among contest's prize winners.
IFF may more testing help doctors get your wife back to better health.  IT seems fishing conditions are not that good across the country at present. May the high temperatures depart your area quickly hopefully the winds in your area have kept the humidity level low.
Ice Wanderer all the best with the post surgery rehab and recovery. Stay on top of the wound care to avoided any infections.

Have a good evening may all facing the chance of severe weather come through problem free. Best to all with fishing plans this weekend.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19727 on: May 29, 2020, 07:28 PM »
Looks like its later, got to tinkering with the shifter adjustment, got it the cover back on an covered just in time.  See there has been one arrest in Minneapolis and charged.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19728 on: May 29, 2020, 07:53 PM »
See there has been one arrest in Minneapolis and charged.

Minneapolis, St. Paul, and several suburbs have instilled curfews starting tonight from 8pm - 6am. They will continue at least through the weekend.

Tonight one of the reporters talked to a female protester. She said Minneapolis is nothing but bad memories to many. She went on to say that destruction breeds creation so it's her hope that the entire town gets destroyed so new construction can be the beginning of something beautiful  ???

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19729 on: May 30, 2020, 04:55 AM »
Good morning LEt's
              It's 56* and clear here on my hill, we had a few thunderstorms roll through last night.
             Marv......It's a terrible thing that is going on across our country. I'm not going to be the judge but the death of Floyd was uncalled for. But that's no excuse for people distroying any store or home. The looting doesn't justify the problem.
                Bud........That striped  kitty sure  gets around. I hope the Mrs. IS feeling better.
                 Steve......Having windows facing west sure let's the afternoon heat penetrate your condo. I hope you have AC.
                  OS.........An old sailor never loses his sea legs, what we missing was the salty air.
                   OG.........Oh no, you got the striped kitty too, sorry to read that.
                    I want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement on my surgery. Everything is doing fine, the pain that the Dr. said I would have on my leg is non existent, which is a good thing. I do have a tingling in my plan and the back of my hand where the skin Graff is but that's to be expected.
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19730 on: May 30, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Good Morning ER's  have a 2 winged explosion of flying/crashing bugs. Thought they were gone after yesterdays battle. I got a feeling it's going to be lengthy war. You ants better watch out too I'm coming for you too. Good day to all.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19731 on: May 30, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Good morning IW, OG! Good morning everyone :bow:

46 heading to 70 later today. I am enjoying the cool air while it lasts, next week we heat back up.

IW glad to read all is going well with your hand and your pain is minimal :thumbsup:

OG hope you can stay on top of the bugs and win the war :thumbsup:

WW hope all went well with the mowing. I lucked out yesterday and the s-i-l mowed my yard while I fought with my shed.

I haven't had the TV on yet so I haven't heard how things went down in the jungle last night. I did see on MSN there was protesting going on at 11pm so evidently the curfew was ignored by some.

I am off to Menard's in a bit to get some studs, and paint while the 11% off sale is still going.

I hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19732 on: May 30, 2020, 06:42 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....glad all is going well with the latest surgery  :thumbsup: :clap:

IFF....hope MrsIFF is starting to feel better  ;)

WS.....interesting theory to explain the rioting/looting/fires  :cookoo:  >:(   curfews are like orders of protection and gun laws.....useless, the only ones that follow the rules are the ones that the rules weren't targeting in the first place  ::)   :blink:  Not condoning the cops actions in the least but destroying the city is not going to solve anything  :nono:  hope your shed is done fighting now  :woot:

OG......ants and bees over here  :%$#!:  not sure which of us is winning  :unsure:

MrC.....the magnolia tree I planted last year is certainly liking the heat and humidity  :thumbsup:

hope you were spared any damage from last night's storms

OS.....glad you no problem finding your sea legs  :flex:

H2L.....fingers crossed the change in weather gets the fish in feeding mode  ;)2

Eddie/CapJ/IF45.....hoping you and yours are doing ok, staying safe and healthy  ;)

Had some rain, wind and thunder late afternoon/early evening nothing serious tho  :clap:  MUCH cooler and less humid today  :thumbsup: Nothing much planned today  :blink:  this area of NYS is now allowing retail stores, hair salons/barbershops, car dealers, offices to be open....fingers crossed it all works out ok  :whistle: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19733 on: May 30, 2020, 06:50 AM »
A cool 58*. We had a couple periods of heavy rain late in the day and it is not as muggy this morning.
IW, good to see you back and that all is on the mend.
WW, it looks like the magnolia will be getting a lot of sun.
Have to make a quick run to Tops this morning before it becomes a ZOO.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19734 on: May 30, 2020, 10:17 AM »
Hello 9:45ers!! Welcome back Les!!! You can stay as long as you'd like!  :thumbsup: :clap: With this nicer weather, it's time to straddle the mower and give the grass a haircut!! I need one also, but not with the mower!!  :woot: :roflmao: :cookoo: ;)2  Everyone please stay well and STFAH!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19735 on: May 30, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Good day I had a couple hours of rain last night no major thunder storm  cooler today with lower humidity. I talked with my sister last night received some good news my nephew has been hired by a company he worked for last Summer. He starts the job this Monday working from home same intern position as last Summer hopefully with time it leads to a better position in this company.
Ice Wanderer good to hear you are having minimal pain after the surgery. All the best with your recovery. On a different topic how does the wife's garden look after Jon's work.
Wallyworld thankfully any severe weather bye passed my location . Good looking Magnolia tree I had a good sized Magnolia at the house very pretty when in full bloom.
Old Goat may you get the insect problems under control.
Hunts2long hope you beat the crowd this morning to Top's. The Lower temperatures and humidity should make it more pleasant to be outside over the next couple of days.
OldSailor I agree nice to see Les Humid may the weather guessers be correct and he sticks around for a few days before moving on to a new location.
Whopper Stopper i assume by now you have see the TV news,I watched CNN for a few hours last night thing started peacefully in the twin cities with a show of force shortly before the start of curfew.(police and National Guard vehicles) Once darkness feel seems police left the streets to protesters news reporters saying they were seeing no police presence. I have no idea if this was prearranged but different groups of protesters moved from the 3RD district police station to 5TH district police station around 12:30PM Central time and after a small small fire broke out on the grounds of 5Th district police station did you seeing a mass force showing of police.

May tonight be more peaceful across our nation Minnesota governor has called in the largest deployed of National Guardsmen to the Twin cities since World war II and said any future acts of vandalism and looting would be met with a major show of force. I don't know details as this information was only scrolling across TV screen but there were people shot and killed during protest last night in a couple of U.S. cities.Definitely need to see a change in race relations here in the U.S. but people need to realize acts of violence will not solve the problems.

Have a good Saturday stay safe. Best to all fishing .
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19736 on: May 31, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Morning ER's  Not much has changed, still in the dark spell, here in Denver.  I am scheduled to work today and would not doubt that most of the shoppers at the store will be in buying what ammo is available. Looks like rona is being moved to the back burner as they switch to coverage of all the unrest across the nation. 

This warmer weather with the daily forecast of storms/rain has the garden starting to take off.  So far we have missed being hailed on.  Except the pepper spray and tear gas.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19737 on: May 31, 2020, 05:31 AM »
Good morning DR.'s
           It's 43* and mostly clear here on my hill.
           Steve........My wife's garden is looking great, and after the storm Friday night it really perked up. Jon did an excellent job.
             Marv.........It was nice of Jen to mowe your lawn so you could work on the shed.
             OG.............Don't let the bugs get to you, you can win the war, just keep at it.
             OS.............Yes, it's nice that Led is back for a while. The hot weather war making my hand hot with the heavy wrap on it.
              Wally.........What a heal the looking Magnolia tree, it should be around for years to come.
              H2l............It seems to be more people in the stores since phase 1 was put in place. At our local grocery store they even removed the arrows on the floor.
              Bud...........How is the Mrs. doing? The unrest brings out the crazies.
              More unrest over night, curfews were put in place but the rioters just ignore them. I heard on the need a lot of the people were from put of state so the Attourny General said that it's against federal law to cross state lines to insight riots. There are people out there want these riots to divide our country. But coming together to end the pandemic now bring togetherness with what has happened lately should be the number one goal.
                I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19738 on: May 31, 2020, 06:25 AM »
Morning all,

Another wild night across the country  :blink: :cookoo: :wacko:  :(   praying law enforcement can bring it to an end sooner rather than later   :-\

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19739 on: May 31, 2020, 06:33 AM »
A cool 45* and sunny this morning.
IW, I want to tell you right up front, "reading your one handed post" is as much fun as your jokes. I was thinking maybe we should have a day where we all wrap one hand in a towel just to see how it turns out.

Eddie, not sure if you are keeping up with the post but want you to know you and your family are in our thoughts each day.

The Tops trip was a quick one and only 4/5 cars in the lot.

Watched the SPACEX launch yesterday. Great to see US doing it again. How "tech" has changed to look of it all.

Rocky spent the night at the vets. He has a blockage and may have to operate.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.