Author Topic: Aspen fuel  (Read 10875 times)

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Aspen fuel
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2017, 09:17 PM »
I ran a jug of Aspen through my auger, weed wacker and chainsaw. They all ran poorly on it. Went back to making my own.

Shell mid grade gas, Amsoil 100:1 and stabilize right in the Jerry can during initial 2 stroke mixing. Everything I have with a 2 stroke engine is much happier again.

Aspen is handy no doubt, but in my opinion...no good

Were you using Aspen2 or Aspen4?
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Aspen 2 stroke has been fantastic for us.  Myself and my dad both run Jiffy 30's and they both love it and it hardly has any smell inside the shack anymore.  He has now started using it in is husqvarna chainsaw and it loves it too.  No issues nor complaints here.

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 16, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Picked up a 5L jug of Aspen 4 @ Lambert’s (Stoon) they sell it for $34.50 + tax = $38.30.  They have lots of Aspen 4 and Aspen 2 there right now.
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline jahmz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:44 PM »
So I emailed the company about this fuel back in December and here is what they had to say about the ratio.  I've gone with just using the 50:1 mix in my 40:1 ice auger.

Thank you for contacting us! First I like tell you that the FRT-oil included in the Aspen2 gasoline meets the requirements of ISO-L-EGB and JASO-FB. The oil is synthetic, it has a very high quality and a very low ash content compared to ordinary oil and in addition it is biodegradable.

The full answer is off course that you have two options:

1)      If you choose to run on Aspen2 you should know that we have been selling Aspen alkylate gasoline for almost 30 years and today we do it in some 25 countries. We have never got a complaint from someone running Aspen2 in a machine specified for 40:1 who has completed the complaint by showing evidence, that is a damaged machine. Never, in many years, on all markets (Aspen is market leaders in many markets in Europe).

2)      If you still want to keep to the recommendation of the machine manufacturer you can do it in two ways:

a)      Use Aspen2 fuel and add additional oil up to the by the machine manufacturer recommended mixture. Use synthetic oil of high quality. Within shortly Aspens 2-stroke oil will be sold in your area in separate packages

b)      Use Aspen4 fuel and add additional oil up to the by the machine manufacturer recommended mixture. Use synthetic oil of high quality. Within shortly Aspens 2-stroke oil will be sold in your area in separate packages.

Please find below a table showing how to mix if you choose to do that:                                                   

Desired oil mix      Percentage oil      Additional to Aspen2 per liter fuel      Additional to Aspen4 per liter fuel
1:25                     4                        0'2 dl                                              0,4 dl
1:33                     3                        0,1 dl                                              0,3 dl
1:40                     2,5                     0,05 dl                                            0,25 dl
1:50                     2                        0                                                    0,2 dl

Best regards

Jürgen Granstedt

Lantmännen Aspen AB

Offline bmsb21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:26 PM »
This is great info! I've been looking around for a good quality fuel for my Strikemaster and old model 30 Jiffy and have found that the Husqvarna fuel in a can has a great octane rating and great shelf life as well, but you're looking around $13-15 for a little can.The aspen fuel sounds tempting and worth a try.

Offline 3rdgenrf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:46 PM »
I have an old Jiffy Model 30 and have always used the 24:1 mixture recomended on the gas tank. I read about Aspen fuel and gave it a try. Paid 9$ for a litre of premixed 50:1. I noticed a difference right away in starting and how it ran, was way better.
After I ran out of Aspen I went and got a gallon of premium non ethanol fuel and bought some synthetic 2 cycle oil and mixed it 50:1. To tell you the truth it ran just as good on that as with aspen, and way cheaper and more accesible.

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:46 PM »
I have an old Jiffy Model 30 and have always used the 24:1 mixture recomended on the gas tank. I read about Aspen fuel and gave it a try. Paid 9$ for a litre of premixed 50:1. I noticed a difference right away in starting and how it ran, was way better.
After I ran out of Aspen I went and got a gallon of premium non ethanol fuel and bought some synthetic 2 cycle oil and mixed it 50:1. To tell you the truth it ran just as good on that as with aspen, and way cheaper and more accesible.
[
This is what I use but I use sea foam also

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Cabelas in Saskatoon and Regina have Aspen 2 and 4 in stock now. 1 liter jugs are about $8, and I think the 5 liter was about $35

Offline pkurtz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Based on all the good comments about the Aspen fuel I stopped at Cabelas and picked some up. The guy at Cabelas swore by it.

Going to try it out tomorrow morning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.