Author Topic: UPDATED: Lake Lenore Lions Ice Fishing Derby Jan 20 2018 with details  (Read 7263 times)

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
The 9th Annual Lake Lenore Lions Ice Fishing Derby

Saturday, January 20 2018

Registration 8:00 am - Fishing 10:00 am - 2:00 pm

Catch and Release Only - Walleye, Northern Pike and Perch

Entry fee $50 / person (pre-registration) or $60 / person day of event

Pre-register by going to Eventbrite: https://goo.gl/uwyR1h

Lunch and drinks available for purchase on the lake.

GREAT PRIZES! Over $25,000 of prizes, all entries are eligible for prizes.

For every fish you weigh in gets you a ticket to win a Toro Power Max 724 OE Snow blower ($1200 value)! Multiple entries allowed. Must weigh a fish to be eligible. Sponsored by Farm World!

50% Cash payout (1st 50%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 15%, smallest 10%)
$500 Bonus for largest Walleye - Horizon Fertilizers
$250 Largest Perch Prize – Hillside Gravel
50/50 – Last year it was over $5000!
8” Power Ice Auger - CMI Terminal
Humminbird Ice 35 – Bourgault Industries
Frabill bunker 310 fishing tent - Bourgault Tillage Tools
Ice fishing package - Cabela's Canada
BE Xtreme 6500 watt generator - Lake Lenore Co-op Agro
$250 Cabela's Gift Card - Richardson Pioneer
Bag of Pioneer Canola Seed - Gerwing Ag Ventures
Bag of Invigor L233p Canaola Seed – Bayer Crop Science
Stihl BR 450 backpack blower – Dekalb Canola Seed
Garmin Striker 5CV Fish Finder – Syngenta Canada
Fishing Package – Access Communications
20V Dewalt Driver/Impact kit - Viterra

Rules:

ALL KIDS OF ALL AGES ON THE ICE, MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAID IN FULL
- Area will be marked off where fishing is permitted. No one without a paid ticket will be allowed to enter the marked area.
- After you register you will be permitted to set-up your ice shack and drill your holes….but you are NOT ALLOWED to put your lines in the water until the start time. Anyone found with lines in the water before the start time WILL BE DISQUALIFIED with no refund and not allowed in designated derby area.
- Fishing starts with a horn signal at 10:00 AM and ends with a horn signal at 2.00 PM.
- At 9:45 AM everyone must be out of their ice shacks. Everyone will start from one of the three flagged areas whichever is closest to their holes. You can also stand outside the boundary close to your hole if you prefer.
- No trucks, snow toboggans or ATV’s are allowed in the fishing area, they must be parked in the designated parking areas.
- Drill your own holes, paid entrants are permitted 2 holes no more than 10 meters apart.
- If you decide to move, your previous holes are available to any other fishermen.
- Fishing huts and electronics are allowed.
- All Sask. Fishing regulations will apply.
- Authorities will be around at the start and throughout the day to check out shacks, holes and lines.
- Fishermen must keep the fish alive in a large bucket or preferably a cooler when brought to the weigh station. The fish MUST be released alive to be entered.
- All dead fish must be brought to weigh station also.
- After catching a fish bring it to the trailer or a flagged vehicle where someone will assist you with your fish to the weigh station.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Unregistered people cannot fish in registered people’s holes anywhere is the designated area.
- Registration numbers must be visible at all times.
- Participants must be in line at the weigh station when the horn goes to end the derby, in order for fish to be eligible.
- All prizes and donations will be awarded, we will draw for these in the event that no fish are caught.
- Bring all fish caught to weigh station, regardless of size since there will be extra prices drawn randomly.
- All registered fisherman are eligible to win prizes throughout the day & at the awards presentation following the derby, so be sure to attend for your chance to collect a prize.
- NO PRIZES for first &/or last fish caught during the derby.

Fishing huts, heaters, and electronics are allowed!

Official Rules and Prizes sheet to be handed out upon registering.

Sponsors:

Horizon Fertilizers
Farm World
CMI Terminal
Cabela's Canada
Lake Lenore Co-op Agro
Bourgault Tillage Tools
Bourgault Industries
Richardson Pioneer
Pioneer Seeds - Gerwing Ag Ventures
Hillside Gravel
Bayer Crop Science
Dekalb Canada
Brett Young
Syngenta Canada
Access Communications
Viterra

Affinity Credit Union - LL Branch
B&P Resorts
Berscheid Seeds
Brockman Enterprises
Bunge
CIM
Cutting Edge Flooring
D Classen Concrete Pumping
Discovery Motorsports
Fly On Ag
Grain Bags Canada
Graphic Ad
Hergott Farm Equipment
Jamie Haeusler Construction
Knight Archer Insurance
Koenders
L & J Voz Trucking
LL Meats
LL Grocery Co-op and Greenhouse
LL Hotel
Lung Seeds
MNP
Nexus Electric
Olynick Water and Sewer
Pattison Ag
Rona
Ryan Stuckel Trucking
Shaw Building Movers
Stammen Lumber
Strueby Construction
Strueby Plumbing and Heating
Sunrise Foods
The Fishin’ Hole

Offline daniels papa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Lenore Lions Ice Fishing Derby Jan 20 2018
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2017, 10:30 AM »
we will be there the best derby we go to every year cant wait

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2017, 11:12 PM »
Sounds like an interesting derby. :)
Is there anywhere online that a person can see the rules and regulations?

WW

Offline pcdoc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:58 AM »
is there still a ban on electronics??

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2017, 12:24 PM »
is there still a ban on electronics??

From last years rules, they never were banned.
"Fishing huts, heaters, and electronics are allowed!"
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline golf560

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2017, 01:15 PM »
it is a great social event, but not good at catching if you are aim to.  :)

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2017, 04:35 PM »
Very well organized tournament!  Have the date circled on my calendar and looking forward to going next month! :)
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:30 AM »
Huts, heaters, electronics, etc are allowed. tonnes of prizes this year.

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2017, 10:15 AM »
it is a great social event, but not good at catching if you are aim to.  :)

I'd have to disagree with this. The fishing is very good during the derby, I'd say by far the highest fish to fisherman rate of any ice derby in the province.

I will say that doing some homework with a bathymetric map goes a long way, as does staying mobile if the bite doesn't happen in the first hour.

TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Are you allowed to drill your own holes? :blink:
If so that's nice. 
All the ice derbies I have been to in the past have been pre-drilled the day before.

WW

Offline Pollock fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Yes u still your own holes and can drill a bunch but as soon as u leave a drilled hole for another hole it’s open to anyone to use.... u can move around and drill as many as u like as the day goes on...

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Ok here is the poster. You can register online this year by clicking here: https://goo.gl/uwyR1h

Offline daniels papa

• Team IceShanty Regular
can you post that fellows number to pre register .thanks

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
can you post that fellows number to pre register .thanks

Please use the website simple secure and easy https://goo.gl/uwyR1h

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bump

Offline For the kids

• IceShanty Rookie
Just making sure - I can pull my shack onto the ice then unhook and take tow rig to parking lot correct?

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sure can.

Offline perchbuster

• IceShanty Rookie
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE USUALLY AT THIS TOURNAMENT? AND WHEN YOU SAY HUT DOES THAT MEAN LIKE TENTS AND FLIP UPS OR SHACKS AND CAMPERS?

Offline Pollock fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
There is plenty of permys out there and pop ups anything. They have workers coming around and can’t be inside the hut while tourney starts... grows every year... be my 4th year in a row maybe 5th and numbers have doubled if not tripled in the last few years. Electronics r allowed. 2 holes per person all Regs apply, catch and release.   And there is about 10-15 good prizes every entry gets a shot at even if u don’t catch fish...they draw names from the entry... good tourney and usually a decent amount of fish... the first year I entered a ton where caught since then not as many. Ur good trip regarldless. Then we will go fish after for a few hours.

Offline Pollock fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Get there early so ur all set up and ready to rock before the horn blows.. all toasty in a hut and in a derby...

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
Attendance is usually 400-600 people. Weather seems to be biggest factor. Fishing there has been fair to steady depending on weather. Who knows what it will be like derby day.

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
i've been 5 or 6 years in a row now.

I've never caught a single fish at this derby. Definitely the worst ice fishing i have ever experienced for time fished vs fish caught.

Weather has been incredibility nasty every year except for last year was nice.

I have came out with 3 or 4 buddies each time, and have tried different spots each time.

In total in all the years fishing the derby my group has caught 3 fish, buddy caught a pike one year that was 3lbs, buddy caught a 3 lbs walleye last year that came close to placing, and another buddy caught a .27 LBS walleye a few years back that was something like .5 ounce away from being smallest fish.

Despite never catching a fish at the derby, I have won a $600 smoker.

I don't really expect to catch much of anything at a derby - every year you hear the results and the number of fish caught is pretty abysmal. But it's still fun, and a good chance at prizes and 50/50. Definitely the best rules/set up of any derby in the province.

"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
i've been 5 or 6 years in a row now.

I've never caught a single fish at this derby. Definitely the worst ice fishing i have ever experienced for time fished vs fish caught.

Weather has been incredibility nasty every year except for last year was nice.

I have came out with 3 or 4 buddies each time, and have tried different spots each time.

In total in all the years fishing the derby my group has caught 3 fish, buddy caught a pike one year that was 3lbs, buddy caught a 3 lbs walleye last year that came close to placing, and another buddy caught a .27 LBS walleye a few years back that was something like .5 ounce away from being smallest fish.

Despite never catching a fish at the derby, I have won a $600 smoker.

I don't really expect to catch much of anything at a derby - every year you hear the results and the number of fish caught is pretty abysmal. But it's still fun, and a good chance at prizes and 50/50. Definitely the best rules/set up of any derby in the province.

I'm not sure how to respond to this post?? Let's keep in mind that this is a fundraiser and a lot of work goes into this by a very small local Lions club. The Lake Lenore Lions club is a non-profit organization raising money for our community and such causes like journey for sight, eye banks, hearing impaired, guide dogs, diabetes and various youth programs for the less fortunate.  Our membership consists of just 20 volunteers and all of the money we raise goes directly to help others and a lot of it back into our community for donations for new parks, community hall, local church, arena and ball diamonds. We cannot control the weather or the fishing but when you compare to all the other derby's out there we 0 fish are caught I think we are doing pretty good. I urge everyone to ignore the above negative post and look at the benefit of what your donation will be used for. Thank you.

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
Sorry i didn't mean it as a negative post, i will be there again this year and love the derby, it's the only one i go to every year as it is the best run derby in the province. I was just posting to say don't expect to catch many fish at the derby (or any derby for that matter), and that for people worried about number of fish caught, that derbys' are about more than that. I highly recommend to anyone thinking about it to sign up for this derby.

"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline daniels papa

• Team IceShanty Regular
this will be my 5th time at this derby and I think it is the only derby that allows shelters and electronics and my wife and I caught several fish at them all never caught the big one but won a prize for entering fish every year and we look forward to it every year ;;

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
so..whats the UPDATE or are you just bumping the tourny to the top

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
its not an update.  It was just a post under the update thread.  10 more days to follow this and then it will be another year until we get to read up on it again.

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any idea how thick the ice is?  If we need an extension I’d prefer to put that on at home before I got out there.  I’m registered and ready to go! :) Thanks! 
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
Do not need an extension. Little snow.

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
Registered today, forecast is looking decent. Have been to this event a couple times and it always seems like it runs well. Hope to actually catch a fish this year!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.