The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New to the Site  (Read 537 times)

Offline Decupparo

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the Site
« on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum and hoping to break the seal with my newbie post. While I’m here, any tips on catching pike through the ice? Thanks.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
Re: New to the Site
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Welcome Decup! Lots of great stuff on here.  Tip-Ups for pike with some meat on the business end of it. I would say pike are generally deeper rather than shallower in the winter

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2019, 12:30 PM »

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2019, 12:42 PM »
Welcome to a great site, enjoy your stay here!

Offline PablitoPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Welcome! I’d give pike advice but I live in the part of the state that is controlled by the blue ribbon trout nazis and don’t get to fish them much. Ice shanty is a great site hope you get some good info. Tight lines!

Offline JohnMcN1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Welcome to the site! Lots of great pike fishing in Montana!

Welcome! I’d give pike advice but I live in the part of the state that is controlled by the blue ribbon trout nazis and don’t get to fish them much. Ice shanty is a great site hope you get some good info. Tight lines!
I live in the western part of the state too, and I think warm water species are gaining traction. It will never be trout unlimited big, but it’s getting better.

Offline MT_BINX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2019, 01:40 PM »
Pike all depend on the body of water, usually cut bait on a spoon or jig and a tip up with a whole smelt are my one two punch. however you never know what they want that day. i have had good luck with a big jighead and a zoom fluke on it with some cutbait and fill the "hook" slit in the fluke with garlic scent. seems to catch when nothing else will.
Its called PUBLIC land.... don't get mad if someone else is fishing there.

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.