The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hot spotting!!  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Nockdown

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hot spotting!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Good way to find 4 flat tires on your tow rig went you come back to load up
Not in real life, only on the internet. Nobody is dumb enough to do that in plain sight. As stated, the ramp is clearly marked. These people dont move when you're loading or unloading. They're shoulder to shoulder dragging fat rainbows up the ramp. I'm not a trout guy, but its honestly pretty disgusting. 

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:25 PM »
I was always taught to not play in traffic. Except when my dad was pissed at me, he would say “go play in the traffic!”  I’m very confused

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:38 PM »
BigSage, didn’t we play a game like that. Frogger. Lol.
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:45 PM »
BigSage, didn’t we play a game like that. Frogger. Lol.
You are correct G Fish!

Offline detoff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2019, 05:33 PM »
Here I was hoping everyone just gave in and decided to give up all of their information in one simple thread...   ???  If y'all could maybe turn on the tracking info on your phones that would be great.  I could collect it via drone I think...  Or if you prefer older technology, please fill out a 3x5 card with your name, date, body of water, exact location on said body of water, tackle, depth, bait, water temperature, rectal temperature of bait, rectal temperature of fisherman, rectal temperature of any fish caught and exact method of jiggin' your rod. 

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2019, 05:41 PM »
Here I was hoping everyone just gave in and decided to give up all of their information in one simple thread...   ???  If y'all could maybe turn on the tracking info on your phones that would be great.  I could collect it via drone I think...  Or if you prefer older technology, please fill out a 3x5 card with your name, date, body of water, exact location on said body of water, tackle, depth, bait, water temperature, rectal temperature of bait, rectal temperature of fisherman, rectal temperature of any fish caught and exact method of jiggin' your rod.

Hey, now you are treading in my waters.  Except I don't need the temps or location of the temps taken. ;D
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 19, 2019, 11:29 AM »
Not in real life, only on the internet. Nobody is dumb enough to do that in plain sight. As stated, the ramp is clearly marked. These people dont move when you're loading or unloading. They're shoulder to shoulder dragging fat rainbows up the ramp. I'm not a trout guy, but its honestly pretty disgusting.

I think the objection would be from other boaters.

Yes fishing off the ramp is a no no.  FWP could solve this by not just dumping salmonids that home into there release location by not dumping them in at ramps. 

Offline Nockdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 19, 2019, 03:11 PM »
I think the objection would be from other boaters.

Yes fishing off the ramp is a no no.  FWP could solve this by not just dumping salmonids that home into there release location by not dumping them in at ramps.
Ah, I see. I’m always courteous to other boaters.
Guess we hotspotted that location. Oops.  ;D

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:09 PM »
My pet peeve when guiding was getting to a ramp and have some clown inflating his raft and all his gear spread all over the place. Then when you asked them to please respect the rest of us they want fight or something stupid.

Yes, you hotspotted! ;D

Offline MT_btagger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2019, 11:14 AM »
I just keep waiting for onX or some other hunting and fishing app to offer "Hot Spot Pro." It will use the location data from your phone and data mined from Facebook pictures liked the ones on the Montana ice fishing Facebook page to generate a heat map of where the biggest trout walleye perch Pike Etc were caught each week.

For an extra $6.99, I might even unlock hotspot Pro Plus, which will give you the track log and actual fishing locations of the people who posted the biggest pictures of fish on Facebook the previous week.

Another $6.99 gives you Hotspot Pro plus plus which cross-references DMV information so I know which pickup truck or four-wheeler to look for at the parking spot. Thankfully that option also cross-references your Albertsons Club card so I at least know which beer you drink and I can offer you one when I show up at your Shack.

The future is here, and it's crapifying everything.

"You will never be criticized by a guy catching more fish. Only by guys who are catching less."

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2019, 11:17 AM »
There are guys on Devils lake who find a school of perch and sell the coordinates.

Thank God FWP has banned using drones when hunting. It seems like everything has to be easy these days.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2019, 12:47 PM »
I bet that Woman blowing up every place she goes and then posts it all over MT Facebook pages would sign right up MT_bagger.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #42 on: Jan 20, 2019, 01:13 PM »
@ MT_btagger - The disturbing thing about the scenario you stated above is that it will probably happen much sooner than we think !! >:(

Maybe,,,just maybe, I won't be much of a contributing factor tho because the only time I turn my phones location services on is to sync my FitBit & I don't do the Facebook !!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 20, 2019, 01:18 PM »
@ MT_btagger - The disturbing thing about the scenario you stated above is that it will probably happen much sooner than we think !! >:(

Maybe,,,just maybe, I won't be much of a contributing factor tho because the only time I turn my phones location services on is to sync my FitBit & I don't do the Facebook !!

I wouldn't be surprised if some of that technology is already in the works. What happened to just going and figuring out a lake, might have a few days you get skunked, but eventually figure it out.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #44 on: Jan 20, 2019, 03:28 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if some of that technology is already in the works.

Wouldn't surprise me either !!

What happened to just going and figuring out a lake, might have a few days you get skunked, but eventually figure it out.

Technology happened & it does help us all in our daily lives.....But, I just think some rely on it to much....To each their own !!
As far as going & figuring out a lake goes.....No need to do that anymore.....Just join IS & let someone else give you all the intel !!  ;D

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 20, 2019, 03:53 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me either !!

Technology happened & it does help us all in our daily lives.....But, I just think some rely on it to much....To each their own !!
As far as going & figuring out a lake goes.....No need to do that anymore.....Just join IS & let someone else give you all the intel !!  ;D

Yea, seems to be getting that way, had a guy years ago wanted coordinates to my favorite spots. I personally feel much better about my trip when I figure out what to use and where to go on a new body of water.

oldschoolben

« Reply #46 on: Jan 20, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Ive asked  info on a starting point. Never wanted to know a spot
 to go,or a honey hole, living so far from any lake fishing and only getting a trip or two a year to most lakes does make it hard to figure out a pattern or good spits to go ,when I lived in Idaho I lived close to quite a few lakes , so I was able to find and figure things out on my own, I agree that finding your own areas and what to use is more fun, for what its worth I only keep what I can eat, and I throw the good spawners go,

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 20, 2019, 05:17 PM »
Like I said in my previous comment, fly the drone, vid your catch and disclose location it if you wish, but leave other peoples privacy as privacy.  When you vid other people, that is borderline voyeur and invasion of expected privacy.    When I am camping, I absolutely do not want strangers taking pictures or video of my space.  My wife and I feel invaded when we are in a camp ground and strangers walk up and start taking pictures of my dog, myself and wife.  She like to sun bath and we pick areas that are off the beaten path.

If someone really needs a picture of me, they can just go to the post office and scroll thru the wanted posts.  It's safer that way and may be rewarding.

I agree, when I set up it's away from others so I can enjoy the experience and enjoy whoever is with me.

Offline 429421Cowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:04 PM »
It's bad enough here but you guys should see some of the elk hunting forums or FB pages. Half the comments when someone posts arent congratulations, they're mostly "where at?". Or half the posts are "i want to kill my first elk, tell me all your spots, i can't (won't) scout pr do any homework. Wheres the best place to kill OTC 360 bulls in 2 days without any other people and only 200 yards from a road?" Then get mad when people tell them to do their own dirty work. I'm a very generous guy, I'll answer specific questions when it sounds like you've done your own homework and have put the effort into it, and generally am not even that secretive about where I hunt or fish, but I'm not going to give anything away to some lazy pile either.
East of the Rockies and west of the rest, I do my best to do my dangedest and that's about all I guess.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #49 on: Jan 20, 2019, 08:51 PM »
I need links to those Facebook pages, I didn't get to hunt because of work and I am looking for a shoulder hunt.  Want a calf or dry cow.

P.S.  Would like mine tied to a tree waiting for me with the butcher wrap paper ready to go.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Piltzviller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cruising through life one ice hole at a time...
« Reply #50 on: Jan 21, 2019, 03:27 PM »
I bet that Woman blowing up every place she goes and then posts it all over MT Facebook pages would sign right up MT_bagger.

No joke! Montana ice fishing's unofficial tour guide!

I wouldn't be surprised if some of that technology is already in the works. What happened to just going and figuring out a lake, might have a few days you get skunked, but eventually figure it out.

It looks like the navionics app has a feature like that. Sadly, it won't be long.

I'll be investing in radar deterrent cloth for my shelter from here on out!

Offline 429421Cowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2019, 06:22 PM »

Which one is that? I have two in mind but am not sure if I'm thinking of the right one. 
East of the Rockies and west of the rest, I do my best to do my dangedest and that's about all I guess.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #52 on: Jan 21, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Blonde lady? Mary? I get getting out there and having fun but the consequences will be real...

Offline 429421Cowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 21, 2019, 08:28 PM »
I got ya now thanks. I have very limited time to fish (like 2-5 trips a year) and I still work things out on my own, and do the homework. I prefer not to give any info that would ruin a spot for everyone, or hand anyone any info. I'm happy to help out but I would rather give someone a tip that they also have to use their noodle to use as well. The help I ask for is the same way, if I'm going to ask for help I'm going to have specific questions that also imply I have most of it worked out on my own, not just fishing for a handout.

Offline REDin13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 22, 2019, 12:49 PM »
being relatively new to iceshanty, I now understand why many of the water bodies have very few if any posts. I try to share some info, especially ice and snow conditions but avoid specific locations. it is what it is these days. still, some ifo is better than none at all. Cheers and tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.