The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Recent LOTW Trip  (Read 803 times)

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
Recent LOTW Trip
« on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:09 AM »
A handful of my high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Lake of the Woods to chase Walleye through the ice. I look forward to this trip every year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy + $500 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the year. It was a tight race going into the last day with not many Slot Fish caught but one bite is all it takes...

What type of annual trips or traditions do you guys have?

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Recent LOTW Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 11:55 AM »
My brothers and dad have been going up there right around Christmas since 1998.  When we would go during the summer - we had the traveling trophy for largest walleye.  It was the hook clip that you could put on the brim of your hat.  Since we started going up there in the winter, the winner has to bring that hook up with him.  Got the clip from an old guide back in 2001 (Capt Greg Olson) out of Ballards, so that hook has seen a lot of hats. 

Not a tradition - but when fishing is slow, talk is always about the song Copperhead Road!  Worked one day to start the flury of fish in the box, so we always remember to mention it, or find on the phone.  Someone always has it in their playlist
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.