The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: planning a trip  (Read 676 times)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
planning a trip
« on: Jan 11, 2018, 10:52 AM »
I have not been able to go ice fishing with my father in a very long time. My time in the service kept me away and now our work schedules can not line up properly. I'm trying to plan a trip to the lake of the woods and using Arnesen's Rocky Point Lodge. When is a good time of the year to get on some monster pike and walleye? Trying to plan for 2019 so my father has plenty of time to figure out days off...etc
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: planning a trip
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2018, 10:41 PM »
In my opinion march would be a great time. If u would like to target pike I know a real good outfitter up there pm me. Been twice in march and had great fishing.  Mark :tipup:

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:24 AM »
Thanks
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline gf hardwater guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:55 PM »
March is probably a good time, but you may want to look at later in February. If they have a down ice year, it can be a bit touch and go if you can get out on the ice to fish. Pretty safe bet that you will have adequate ice in February. That is when we are going next year from Montana. In the several trips we have made to LOW ice fishing, I can't recall ever hooking into a pike. Walleye, sauger, perch, ling/eel pout, and stinky toulipe(sp). 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.