The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: In need of some info on flying with a sonar  (Read 900 times)

Offline snowscum

• IceShanty Rookie
In need of some info on flying with a sonar
« on: Dec 30, 2017, 12:38 PM »
On getting my Marcum Lx7 on the airplane to Minnesota at the end of January. Has anyone had any problems or can you even put it in your checked luggage? The
TSA site says:

Most batteries for consumer electronics are allowed in cary-on luggage. Dry cell alkaline batteries, Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) and Nickel Cadmium (NiCad); typical AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, button sized, ect. (both single use and rechargeable varieties) are allowed.

Marcum says its a rechargeable 12-volt 9-amp battery. Not sure if it falls into their category for "Most batterys". You guys have any info?

If I cant can you guys suggest a place I could rent a sonar around Alexandria?

Thanks in advance.

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: In need of some info on flying with a sonar
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2017, 12:54 PM »
You could overnight it also

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Go here:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring

Message them like they say here with a picture and desctiption. They will get back to you pretty quick.

"Planning ahead and packing properly can facilitate the screening process and ease your travel experience at the airport. Know what you can pack in your carry-on and checked baggage before arriving at the airport by reviewing the lists below. Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. Read about civil penalties for prohibited items.

For items not listed here, simply snap a picture or send a question to AskTSA on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. We look forward to answering your questions, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET weekdays and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekends/holidays."

Offline snowscum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Thanks for the extra info H20. I noticed searching for battery this came up.

Non-Spillable Wet Batteries

Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes
No more than two spare non-spillable wet batteries are allowed as long as each battery does not exceed 12 volts and 100 watt hours.

I would think I am ok with that statement. Not sure on the watt hours of these batteries though. I wonder if they can even tell the difference.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.