The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Family vacation  (Read 1013 times)

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
Family vacation
« on: Dec 19, 2017, 03:53 AM »
Hey fisherman and Fisher ladies I'm taking a family trip next week. I am from Indiana and will be Spending Xmas with family members up there who don't ice fish. I will be in sturgeon lake/ moose lake area was wondering what ice conditions were. Was wanting to hit mille lacs lake up since I will be 45 min away. Don't care about hot spots or secerts. Just need to know if theres safe ice for as my 3 kids will be fishing with me. Any advice is helpful please and thank you.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Family vacation
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2017, 11:57 AM »
You mean there are actually people in Minn. that don't ice-fish???!!!  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2017, 02:16 PM »
You mean there are actually people in Minn. that don't ice-fish???!!!  ;D
that's what I thought that everyone there ice fish but I know at least 2 who don't. They don't even do much open water fishing either

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2017, 02:21 PM »
It was 50F here in SW MN yesterday with about 2-4 inches of ice. I assume Red Lake and Mille Lacs would have ice. Not sure if there are still limits on fish though at Lacs. But that was yesterday. There is a big storm coming Thursday for majority of MN and then temps will drop dramatically to negative numbers some places. So by next week I assume the ice castles will start showing up, you should be just fine.

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2017, 06:57 PM »
Thank you for the advice I will be up there late evening on the 25th til sometime on the 28th.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.